Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN - Alfred Morris: Luck has to go down [This year's Madden cover]

Larry

Link.

The popularity of a quarterback is tough to overcome, something Alfred Morris knows. He also knows he entered the NFL as a sixth-round pick and ran through linebackers en route to a record-breaking rookie season.

So taking on Indianapolis quarterback Andrew Luck? No worries here.

“Nothing against Andrew Luck, but he has to go down,” Morris said.

This is what the sporting world has come down to: Athletes competing to advance in a competition to be on the next cover of "Madden 15." And Morris is taking on Luck. There's even seedings. Morris is a 7-seed; Luck is a 2-seed. There are two brackets and 16 players vying for the top spot. This is life after the draft and before minicamps.

Yes, Morris absolutely wants to be on the cover.

Saw this in Redskins Breaking News.  (Props for the people who provide that area.) 

Figured that it would be a welcome change from all of the people preparing to jump off of various ledges over our draft picks. 

Something that the excpert talent evaluators of ES might be able to discuss, with slightly less suicidal tendencies. 

Something light hearted.

(BTW, if you click on the link, there's a link to the commercial Alfred cut, advertising him as a possible Madden candidate, and a link to vote for him.) 

This is all BS.  In reality, it'll probably be Richard Sherman... as many people hate him, just as many people like him just because hes been the face of the Seahawks for the past 2 years (sorry Russel) just because of his mouth and this ridiculous contract he just got.

Almo will be on Madden 16 cover next year after hes the MVP of the SB.

This is all BS.  In reality, it'll probably be Richard Sherman... as many people hate him, just as many people like him just because hes been the face of the Seahawks for the past 2 years (sorry Russel) just because of his mouth and this ridiculous contract he just got.

Suspect you're right.

It's tough to beat out the guy who's pretty much the icon for the Super Bowl champs in a popularity contest.

I mean, how many people even know Alfred's name, other than Redskins fans and a few Fantasy GMs?

Still, I did my part. Voted for Alfred. (And against the two Eagles.)

• 3 weeks later...

Sherman to get injured?  Come on now we are better then that  I actually think Revis is way more impressive than Sherman.  I hate Richard Sherman much like I hated Desean Jackson.  Both talked some ****, but they do back it up on the field.

• 5 weeks later...

I'll be picking up Madden15 on the PS4 and will promptly toss out the Sherman cover and print out my own or an alternative from online. I can't stand that fool.  If he's doing the intro like Ray Lewis did on the last Madden I had I'm gonna be sick. Can't hit the skip button fast enough. I don't deny he's a very good player, but still don't think he's the best corner in the league(still top 3-5 though). He's just displays bad sportsmanship and a lack of class. (I know it's football)

Archived