Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Champ Bailey cut, should we bring him in?

BuhBuhBiggie

I have forever thought we made a huge mistake not signing Charles Woodson, and in his later years, I think Bailey could mirror his abilities going from CB to FS. Obviously Bailey has lost a step or two, but they said the very same about Woodson when he left Oakland. Bailey will always have that "ball hawk" mentality, I think he would be a great asset to our secondary that's really lacking right now. Even if we decide to draft a FS, give Thomas a real shot at FS, or sign Byrd, Champ Bailey would make a huge impact on our team. 

Champ seems like he is done. Every Denver game I watched he was burned relentlessly.

In his defense, his argument was he probably should've been on IR, but instead was trying to play through the foot injury.  They basically had him try to play through a lisfranc.  And a corner with a bum foot seems like a recipe for disaster.  Whatever he's capable of doing at this point in his career, we didn't see it last year because of that.

#1. If he wants to keep playing, it needs to be a Safety now. #2. Without being detailed, the story still is he left Washington because of a poor decision in his personal life. #3. For all his probowls, he still seems to come up short in the big moment. Always will remember him picking off Plummer a few times, and getting burned when we needed a stop.

If he keeps playing, he'll go to New England or Seattle or somewhere he can keep chasing that ring.

While I let a couple such threads survive (if you're paying attention you'll have read why), this one's too <insert castigation> to continue to exist since we have the others of its "kind" already on life-support with plugs to be pulled at any time.

Archived