Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Apply Franchise Tag To Orakpo

OK , here's my opinion on this . I was willing personally to say goodbye to RAK . He wants to much money , and my opinion is he's worth 9 million per year . Good player , but not elite . Glad he's back , but not at the franchise price of 11.5 million . IMO we've already seen the best of RAK . A one move guy . Oh , and HTTR , WE ARE GOING TO COMPETE THIS YEAR .

Not a great thing, the 11.5 the 2.5 mill for rookies cuts our free agent cap money down to 15 mil. Not much free agent money given all of the spots needing an upgrade to turnaround the 3-13 season.

Hopefully Gruden is a super star coach, he will need it as Allen isn't giving him much of chance with the roster.

I wonder if we tagged him to have one more year to see if he's finally 100% before we pay him or if we did that so we'd have more $$$ for out of team FAs? Either way I guess we had to do that. Goodness knows we couldn't have done better than him in FA. It was either tag him or let him walk knowing we'd have to draft his replacement.

HTTR!!!

Some NFL analyst (Brinson) is quoted as saying "for his money" he would franchise Orakpo. Mr. Snyder, send him the bill (Brinson), then trade Orakpo to anyone offering a first round pick willing to pay the 11.1 million guaranteed one year contract. Put the money (Brinson's) in your pocket. In return, your team will get a first round pick, 11.1 million of cap space back for Bruce and coach Gruden to use to fix the team. BRILLIANT! Of course, I don't know a damned thing and you didn't ask me.

so they tagged orakpo  i'm wondering if we could pull off a trade like the schoeder/lachey one and get some oline help.

orakpo for a top RT we seemed to get the better end of that trade with the raiders maybe we can do it again  with someone.

or lets hope orakpo will have a full season with no injuries and learns a couple new rush moves 

The Washington Redskins continue their pre-free agency moves, putting the one-year franchise-tag on OLB Brian Orakpo, guaranteeing his return for 2014.

View the full article

OK , here's my opinion on this . I was willing personally to say goodbye to RAK . He wants to much money , and my opinion is he's worth 9 million per year . Good player , but not elite . Glad he's back , but not at the franchise price of 11.5 million . IMO we've already seen the best of RAK . A one move guy . Oh , and HTTR , WE ARE GOING TO COMPETE THIS YEAR .

Hail Dorrell, great to see you checking back, we need you here.

I have the same take on Rak, basically he's not worth that money and I would have preferred to see Jackson and Tapp rotate in opposite Kerrigan. There is an outside chance that some team could still make him an offer thereby giving us 2-first round picks as compensation. From what I have been reading the rest of the league looks at Rak more favorably than Redskin fans do and hopefully some of these teams will be foolish or desparate enough to make a deal for him. Allen may have something up his sleeve because Lord knows that's alot of money to be spent on 1 player when we have so many needs......I mean so many needs and upgrades.

Archived