Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Should Redskins Trade Back From No. 34?

They say that this is a deep draft so perhaps they should to get the RGIII picks back. Only Gruden and his staff have an inkling as to what strategy to follow but as long as I can remember this kind of trades, going either up or down the draft, haven't worked out for the team.

They say that this is a deep draft so perhaps they should to get the RGIII picks back. Only Gruden and his staff have an inkling as to what strategy to follow but as long as I can remember this kind of trades, going either up or down the draft, haven't worked out for the team.

Don't understand how we could get those picks back. Can you elaborate on that ? Thanks in advance.

I don't really care if this draft is deep in this or that. I want to stay at 34. That's as close to having a #1 pick as we can get without actually having one. We traded back several times during the Shanahan era & look at how that worked out for us. I'd rather have 5 or 6 picks & have those players ACTUALLY contribute rather than having 12 picks & have those guys sit on the bench or on the P.S.

HTTR!!!

I don't really care if this draft is deep in this or that. I want to stay at 34. That's as close to having a #1 pick as we can get without actually having one. We traded back several times during the Shanahan era & look at how that worked out for us. I'd rather have 5 or 6 picks & have those players ACTUALLY contribute rather than having 12 picks & have those guys sit on the bench or on the P.S.

HTTR!!!

Hail Canada - I hear what you are saying, but actually moving back has indeed helped us. We have Kerrigan and Alfred Morris from moving back. 

Also, there are a bunch of other young guys we don't know what we have because shanny would not let them get on the field. I am thinking about Lerebius, Compton (both), Minnefield, and others that may yet contribute. 

My only concern with 34 is that it will be close to 1st pick but with only 4 yrs not 5. I might think about moving into the bottom of the first to get a slightly better player especially if there is a guy we want) and get 5 yrs from them. 

If not, I see no problem moving down a few spots to maybe 38, 39 if we can get a few other picks. With all the holes we have I think we need volume to help fill them. 

Lastly, I keep looking at these mocks and the guys they are projecting for us at 34, I just don;t like any of them that high accept the WR landry. Cooks, Robinson Beachem (sp), some OLB from Ohio State, all reaches for me. Cooks and Beachem or whatever his name is are more little WRs. I want a big guy. Someone who can mix it up with the richard sermons. Robinson from Penn State has good size but is slow and can't block. He gets very little yards after the catch. The OLB guy would be a project moving from DE in college to OLB. Also, even if we don;t sign ram I don't see OLNB os a priority. 

No on the trade back, we need quality not quantity.

The problem with trading back is you increase risk, that is not to say there is no risk at 34, there is risk with no 1.

Nice to see some action on this site again. I left for 3 or 4 months and when I came back nothing, what happened?

well whatever they do by staying put or trading back we can't afford to miss  oline lb ss are the glaring needs but with the wr depth at the top of the draft it might be worth a look see .so whatever they do lets hope its the correct pick 

And here's to hoping we don't pick a bunch of players coming off or still injured like last year. Jordan Reed is the only one who panned out to help us.Now the proof is in the pudding as they say and maybe more time for these guys to get healthy will reward these actions. But like last year, we need immediate help in alot of areas on both sides of the ball. Always felt like #34 was like having a real late 1st round pick outside of the length of time of their rookie contract as stated above by GoSkins. Great job Fellas, let's stay together on this site and everyone will return, Like to see Dorrell and JdHawk come back off the top of my head, we had some very knowledgeable fans on this site.

You guys ever read that article that was written sometime in the last 3-4 months about Snyder's over-ruling in the selection of draft picks. I hope Gruden, Allen, and scouts have the balls to lock the door and not let Snyder in the war room during draft night. I wish I could remember who wrote it though, very compelling to show Snyder's infatuation with certain college players. But it does stir up controversy like a fat kid poking a hornets nest with a stick.

Skins should stay at #34 and take their real need on the DLine. Hope they take either A. Donald or S. Tuitt if available when they pick, then in FA get Ziggy Hood. Release Golston and Bowen........DLine set!!

Archived