Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game of Arms (New "reality" show on AMC re: arm wrestling)

Major Harris

I'll be watching. Arm wrestling was a big thing in all the bars in AK during the late 60's and 70's (teens & twenty's for me). Used to do it a lot. Wild times around Anchorage and Fairbanks back then (pipeline boom). Drinking age was 18, pot was legal, many types of bars, numerous forms of strip clubs, many open 23hrs a day, everyone making buttloads of $$$.  There's some very serious dudes into that stuff. The show could be good---it's interesting enough as a sport of power and technique, the contestants and the crowds usually include plenty of "colorful" folks  (some just crazy). Of course, this take is ALL dated by about three decades.  :P

I'll be watching. Arm wrestling was a big thing in all the bars in AK during the late 60's and 70's (teens & twenty's for me). Used to do it a lot. Wild times around Anchorage and Fairbanks back then (pipeline boom). Drinking age was 18, pot was legal, many types of bars, numerous forms of strip clubs, many open 23hrs a day, everyone making buttloads of $$$.  There's some very serious dudes into that stuff. The show could be good---it's interesting enough as a sport of power and technique, the contestants and the crowds usually include plenty of "colorful" folks  (some just crazy). Of course, this take is ALL dated by about three decades.  :P

i don't think it's changed much.  but dammit, i forgot to watch last night.

Archived