Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Daily Beast: Anti-Gay Jim Crow Comes to Kansas

Burgold

I do mind my own(pretty damn well even), and am perfectly willing to let Kansas or California do the same....unlike many in this thread

Right, because allowing other states to treat citizens unequally as always fared well for us historically. Sometimes the fed. does need to step in. As Americans, we shouldn't support unequal treatment of citizens on the basis of race or gender or sexual orientation even if it hides behind states rights. 

Because, after all, if we stop discriminating against gays, then we have to legalize murder, too.

I just want a pod of wives.  Like 5 then I can be 5 times more miserable ;)

You shouldn't stop a man or woman from marrying the ones (plural) they love.  Maybe it would slow down the divorce rate.  Not sure why SSM is desired given the success of OSM in America!

That means the government would have to enforce it

No enforcement would also be equal wouldn't it? :)

we pick and choose based on what is deemed beneficial and needed...just as marriage was deemed something deserving of unequal treatment.

if we allow SSM we still are picking and choosing and leaving people out and endorsing discrimination, the same is true for the three he mentioned.

it is not equal treatment, it is special treatment/status sought.....one that imo should be extended to every adult of age.

we can easily beat the discrimination rap against them since we already limit their rights(the  underage)

I could see the argument for legalizing poly "marriages".

I can see arguments against it, too. But I'm not sure that any of those arguments are good enough.

so now equality depends on the argument supporting that groups need?

if so it is not a right, unless of course you provide good argument it causes harm sufficient to justify infringing on it.

which way does it need to be good enough?

denying it or justifying it

total equality...each being for themselves

the govt can count the remains

Oh,, i see.

This is what is known as "Stupid".

And we don't have to be slaves to "stupid".

What we are good at is keeping lines drawn until overwhelming public support causes us to redraw them. (You know, will of the majority.)

Now, you get a whole ton of people screaming for "stupid" for 20 years, and maybe there will be reform.

~Bang

No, discrimination is picking on someone FOR NO REASON.

If there's a good enough reason, it's not discrimination.

For example, there are sound reasons for not treating murderers the same as everybody else.

(There is no reason for treating gays differently. That's WHY it's discrimination).

Well, that and being gay doesn't hurt anyone, no matter how paranoid a person might be about their own marriage.

being a murderer is decidedly anti-social, to say the least.

~Bang

That's why it's not discrimination, to treat murderers, differently.

Oh,, i see.

This is what is known as "Stupid".

And we don't have to be slaves to "stupid".

What we are good at is keeping lines drawn until overwhelming public support causes us to redraw them. (You know, will of the majority.)

Now, you get a whole ton of people screaming for "stupid" for 20 years, and maybe there will be reform.

~Bang

that is the system we designed...one that discriminates

No, discrimination is picking on someone FOR NO REASON.

If there's a good enough reason, it's not discrimination.

people do things for no reason ?.....or just ones found unacceptable?

if there is a good reason it is justifiable discrimination....but certainly still discrimination.

that is the system we designed...one that discriminates

I don't disagree, the thing is, your opinions and 'values' are not in that designation known as "the majority" anymore.

this is how we make these decisions.

You can try and change that, of course.

~Bang

If murderers want to march and protest and strive for equal rights, they can do so.

If enough people want to give it to them, we will.

See? there's a nice simple lesson in "stupid", and why it has no place in these discussions.

~Bang

we treat them differently because of what the law demands...because we discriminate against their actions by law

We don't discriminate against them at all.

Despite your continued attempt to push the notion that mandating discrimination against gays, and punishing murderers, are the same thing.

If murderers want to march and protest and strive for equal rights, they can do so.

If enough people want to give it to them, we will.

See? there's a nice simple lesson in "stupid", and why it has no place in these discussions.

~Bang

BAM!!!!!!!

pro-choice-rally-26271054.jpg

Depends on what your definition of murder is.

(There is no reason for treating gays differently. That's WHY it's discrimination)

why was the status accorded to heterosexuals forming a family in our history?????

it was not because they were the same as same sex couples....it is because they were different and deemed needed.

extend it to same sex couples if ya wish....you will still be bigots and discriminating

We don't discriminate against them at all.

Despite your continued attempt to push the notion that mandating discrimination against gays, and punishing murderers, are the same thing.

making laws restricting actions or opportunity is the same,the justification to do so certainly differs.

you ain't that dense

Archived