Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Star Trek

88Comrade2000

Star Trek @StarTrek

New #StarTrek TV series premiering January 2017. Details at bit.ly/NewStarTrekTVs… pic.twitter.com/rOHNdLKO8M

Two takeaways: 1) Alex Kurtzman wrote the JJTrek movies. I hope it was Abrams that took away the focus on science and exploration and not Kurtzman.

2) Is this going to run on TV or is it stuck to whatever this CBS All Access thing is?

No idea on either. Looks like the plan right now is via this CBS All Access thing. Not sure what that is. Things can change. Somebody could pay to carry it.

“This new series will premiere to the national CBS audience, then boldly go where no first-run Star Trek series has gone before – directly to its millions of fans through CBS All Access,” said Marc DeBevoise, Executive Vice President/General Manager – CBS Digital Media. “We’ve experienced terrific growth for CBS All Access, expanding the service across affiliates and devices in a very short time. We now have an incredible opportunity to accelerate this growth with the iconic Star Trek, and its devoted and passionate fan base, as our first original series.”

Streaming.

Its over a year away. Don't know the era the show takes place. Maybe it's the Enterprise-G. Maybe its a different ship. Maybe its the same era as the new movies, but not connected to them. 

Two takeaways: 1) Alex Kurtzman wrote the JJTrek movies. I hope it was Abrams that took away the focus on science and exploration and not Kurtzman.

Seeing as how Abrams didn't even like Star Trek, I'm betting it was him.  

http://articles.latimes.com/2013/may/14/entertainment/la-et-st-jj-abrams-star-wars-versus-star-trek-jon-stewart-20130514

Have to keep an eye on this.

Seeing as how Abrams didn't even like Star Trek, I'm betting it was him.  

http://articles.latimes.com/2013/may/14/entertainment/la-et-st-jj-abrams-star-wars-versus-star-trek-jon-stewart-20130514

Have to keep an eye on this.

Yeah, I was aware Abrams was never a Trek fan; it was clear his Star Trek movies wanted to be Star Wars movies so very much, which is why I'm holding out some hope for the next Star Trek movie and the now-announced TV show.

If the new show is similar in style to the Abrams' movies; not sure it will be successful. I loved Star Trek; thought it was a great movie.

The second one, was so-so.

What CBS's is going to try with this new TV show; you are going to need the really die hard Trekkers to make it successful. There's a big portion of those Trekkers who despise the Abbrams movies.

So, it will be interesting to see what they came up with.

• 1 month later...

You can't go by the trailer, it clearly has a specific angle it was going for. I have a feeling they could cut together a much better trailer if they wanted. Justin Lin had no input and didn't even know the trailer was going to look like that.

But I liked the Abrams movies better than any of the previous ST movies except Wrath of Khan, and maybe First Contact. Every other one I had no use for.

The director from Fast and Furious? Seriously?

Who would you have preferred?

Keep in mind, they're in the moneymaking business, why not pick the guy that's been printing money lately.

I thought the biggest problem with the first two movies was that Spock was half human and all of his struggles with that. In the original series he was full clingon, so it wasn't this annoying thing we had to keep hearing about.

Um, what? He was half breed in the TV series. Worf was the only Klingon in Star Fleet.

• 2 weeks later...