Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Star Trek

88Comrade2000

You guys would prefer campy type of characters and scripts ? 

Nope. Not me.I liked the more serious episodes from the various shows. Even once in a while doing a one-off like Picard's flute was ok. But turning the crew to kids, or even the time travel one with Mark Twain. Meh.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Michael Dorn is once again pushing his idea for a Captain Worf TV series. Apparently CBS and Paramount are listening.

The series would take place after DS9 but before the Nemesis movie.

That might work...I did love the Defiant

No thanks on Worf. I mean, if they want to do a show that takes place after all the TNG stuff that includes Worf as a character. I would be fine with that. 

There was a Battlestar marathon on recently that I was enjoying. Did make me wish that or a new Star Trek was on.

With how well they can do FX now in these shows on TV from GoT to Walking Dead. I'm sure they can make it look pretty good.

I still have the notion that an all-Klingon Star Trek, set during the Klingon civil war, would sell.

Heck, make Kor, Kang, and Koloth three of the main characters.

Edited by Larry

I still have the notion that an all-Klingon Star Trek, set during the Klingon civil war, would sell.

Heck, make Kor, Kang, and Koloth three of the main characters.

Humanity is an important aspect of Star Trek as it's supposed to be a mirror for us to look at ourselves. That's why I advocated doing the officer exchange program type deal where you're following a federation officer serving aboard a Klingon ship.
  • Like 1

No, if Star Trek goes back to small screen, they need to refresh with an all new cast.

As for when in time, you could start with sometime in the future, reboot the federation, find new enemies and stuff like that.  If you want to bring back some old cast just make them guests.

The movie reboot worked with fresh stories, quality fresh cast, a guest veteran cast member and so on.

Just my two pennies.

Edited by Fred Jones

Does Michael Dorn need money or something? Because Worf seems like he would be a boring character as a starfleet captain. Not a diplomat, kind of a warrior, pretty impulsive but doesnt strike me as the moral high ground type.

Does Michael Dorn need money or something? Because Worf seems like he would be a boring character as a starfleet captain. Not a diplomat, kind of a warrior, pretty impulsive but doesnt strike me as the moral high ground type.

Are you implying that Kirk was a moral high ground type? Lol

• Like 1