Rdskns2000

All Good Things "Star Trek"

Despite featuring Walter Koenig, it didn't feel very Star Trek to me.

Indeed. It seems that fan films want to go very dark. Very conspiracy theory ish. Sign of the times?

Indeed. It seems that fan films want to go very dark. Very conspiracy theory ish. Sign of the times?

Everything these days is going darker and grittier, and it's getting old.

Everything these days is going darker and grittier, and it's getting old.

True. BSG pulled it off well. I still feel like DS9 and Enterprise were made in the wrong decades.

You guys would prefer campy type of characters and scripts ?

I'd prefer it to actually be Star Trek. I want science, I want exploration, I want to boldly go where no man has gone before.

You guys would prefer campy type of characters and scripts ? 

Nope. Not me.I liked the more serious episodes from the various shows. Even once in a while doing a one-off like Picard's flute was ok. But turning the crew to kids, or even the time travel one with Mark Twain. Meh.

Michael Dorn is once again pushing his idea for a Captain Worf TV series. Apparently CBS and Paramount are listening.

The series would take place after DS9 but before the Nemesis movie.

Michael Dorn is once again pushing his idea for a Captain Worf TV series. Apparently CBS and Paramount are listening.

That might work...I did love the Defiant

No thanks

No thanks on Worf. I mean, if they want to do a show that takes place after all the TNG stuff that includes Worf as a character. I would be fine with that. 

There was a Battlestar marathon on recently that I was enjoying. Did make me wish that or a new Star Trek was on.

With how well they can do FX now in these shows on TV from GoT to Walking Dead. I'm sure they can make it look pretty good.

I still have the notion that an all-Klingon Star Trek, set during the Klingon civil war, would sell.

Heck, make Kor, Kang, and Koloth three of the main characters.

Edited by Larry

I still have the notion that an all-Klingon Star Trek, set during the Klingon civil war, would sell.

Heck, make Kor, Kang, and Koloth three of the main characters.

Humanity is an important aspect of Star Trek as it's supposed to be a mirror for us to look at ourselves. That's why I advocated doing the officer exchange program type deal where you're following a federation officer serving aboard a Klingon ship.
  • Like 1

klingon-jj.jpg

Ok, that's fair I guess.

But I want my Klingons looks more like this now.

REY1JR1.jpg

Seriously, I want it to be mostly humans still. Klingons are cool though. 

Edited by @SkinsGoldPants

Abrams Klingons look more like a warrior society than Roddenberry's

They do look like Fremen who were a pretty bad ass warrior society but they don't look like Klingons to me.  Too much time spent with the Worf variety I guess.

Edited by KAOSkins

No, if Star Trek goes back to small screen, they need to refresh with an all new cast.

As for when in time, you could start with sometime in the future, reboot the federation, find new enemies and stuff like that.  If you want to bring back some old cast just make them guests.

The movie reboot worked with fresh stories, quality fresh cast, a guest veteran cast member and so on.

Just my two pennies.

Edited by Fred Jones

Does Michael Dorn need money or something? Because Worf seems like he would be a boring character as a starfleet captain. Not a diplomat, kind of a warrior, pretty impulsive but doesnt strike me as the moral high ground type.

Does Michael Dorn need money or something? Because Worf seems like he would be a boring character as a starfleet captain. Not a diplomat, kind of a warrior, pretty impulsive but doesnt strike me as the moral high ground type.

Are you implying that Kirk was a moral high ground type? Lol

• Like 1