Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

nfltraderumors: Report: Redskins Discussing A Possible Extension With WR Santana Moss (M.E.T.)

AlldaySkins

Not a bad safety valve/insurance policy if no one else brought in works out. Not expensive, can return punts, veteran leadership. If you luck out and draft and hit a gem or an undrafted guy great, perfect! but if not, you have Moss and not that disaster that took place on teams last season.

Moss is one of my all time favorite Redskins, but he's done. A real organization would have cut him two years ago at least, but we always hang on to guys well past their due date. He literally gives us nothing. He's short, slow, has bad hands, and is turnover prone(fumbles and tipping passes into the opposing DB's hands).

He isn't even worth a vet's minimum. If there was a Win Above Replacement stat in the NFL like there is in MLB I'm sure he'd be a negative(in other words, a street FA would be at least as good if not better).

If Moss is cut how many team are going to be scrambling to sign him?

My guess not many.

Someone will kick the tires, and he may even make it through a training camp.

Hard to see him being on anyone's opening day 53 other than the Skins.

Bad move! He can no longer get separation and his hands turned to stone last year. He's done.

It interesting to me that Moss (who's never had the best hands, but not bad either) coincidentally had a tougher time catching the ball the same year that his QB seemed to have accuracy issues. My hunch is that Griffin gunned the ball to Moss inaccurately, thus making it tougher on Moss. But who knows... maybe he's got arthritis in his hands :)

It interesting to me that Moss (who's never had the best hands, but not bad either) coincidentally had a tougher time catching the ball the same year that his QB seemed to have accuracy issues. My hunch is that Griffin gunned the ball to Moss inaccurately, thus making it tougher on Moss. But who knows... maybe he's got arthritis in his hands :)

My hunch is you didn't watch all the games. His drops had little to do with Griffin. He just can't play anymore. Think Carlos Rogers at WR.

My hunch is you didn't watch all the games. His drops had little to do with Griffin. He just can't play anymore. Think Carlos Rogers at WR.

If  you watched all the games, you also saw more than a few times where Moss was open and Griffin completely whiffed on the pass.

Moss did drop some balls he should have caught.

You have very low standards.

Granted, this is a pretty lousy football team with a historically awful special teams unit.

I'm not convinced that we have the luxury of upgrading at punt returner when Moss' 7 yards per return was a revelation.

I don't want to give up on Nick Williams quite yet. There's a fair chance that he may not turn out to be anything special, but I'd like to see him given the opportunity. Kid played his heart out in the preseason, and showed some flashes. I love Santanas intensity, and would prefer to see him exit in a way befitting his future Ring of Fame status. His presence next year will not propel us to the Superbowl, but it may cost us the chance to evaluate some younger talent.

I hurt me to watch the ageless wonder suddenly age at MLB this season. Maybe it's just the sentimental part of my fanhood, but SM deserves more than a 2014 season holds for him.

Hey man I would be totally OK with this. Last year was a full suck event and the whole team and every player was in a funk with a few exceptions. Next year could be Santana's year for something special, I have always liked Santana and he deserves to be on a special team.

Hope it don't cost the bank for him though although I would imagine he will work with the FO as much as reasonable for him.

After seeing all the posts it seems to be about 60/40 to let Moss go. I'm an advocate to keep him, only if it's for one year and the vet min.. Also to have him as #5 on depth chart and to provide vet leadership. I would not have him return punts as I think Crawford should as long as he's fully healthy. There are good arguments for keeping him and letting him move on from the Redskins. Like I've said before he is one of my all-time favorite players on the Redskins, but I definitely wouldn't be pissed if we don't resign him.

I feel fine without him and with him (just one more season). I just wish some people would show more respect for one of the better wide receivers we have had in the past 15-20 years.

HAIL TANA!!!

Moss didn't have a great season last year.  But I don't think its a coincidence that the TEAM in general had a bad season as well.  But some people are acting like Moss hasn't done a thing since 2007.  In 2012, he lead the team in TD receptions (you know, that thing that gives you points on the board), was the clutch 3rd down target, and looked better overall than he had in a couple years.  Griffin likes him because when Griffin plays well, it makes Moss better.  That's why I believe the staff would like to keep him because they see what a health RG3 can do with him.  Also, aside from mediocre play in 2013, he did breathe life into a punt return game that was as frustrating to watch as logging on to healthcare.gov. Not to mention the obvious: his desire to stay, hard work ethic and leadership qualities.   All these things considered it really makes sense to bring him back on the cheap.

Knows the offense. Cheap. Professional. Can return Punts.

Assuming he is cheap (relative term) then I can see certainly see the value - although it will be a new offense so that value is reduced a bit. It's not like we have anyone behind Garçon on the roster either. However if the deal is for more than just a very modest deal I struggle with it - he has lost his top gear and also some of his quickness in and out of breaks. I thought he was done to be honest as the end of last year.

Archived