Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Creationism Vs. Evolution: The Debate Is Live Tonight online at 7pm- http://www.npr.org

Mad Mike

What's really interesting about this whole thing is though, most young earth Christians just really don't care. They do believe the bible is truth revealed (as they should), but more importantly (to them I guess), they don't see any observable impact in their lives from belief in a young earth. It doesn't affect their job, or their marriage, or other things in their lives in a primary sense. They mostly keep it to themselves, with exception of really outspoken folks like this guy Hamm.

Physics,

Gravity,

Science, 

evolution,

All hoaxes. 

Thank you Ken Ham.

Checkmate scientists and atheists. 

Did he actually say that? I haven't seen most of it.

If you're suggesting that Christians are the only people who believe in some form of a creationist worldview I'm not sure you can support that.

If you're asking why Christians seem to hold more strongly to those beliefs even after having been introduced to modern science, I don't have an answer for you.

What's really interesting about this whole thing is though, most young earth Christians just really don't care.

"Teach the controversy". I wonder which group has been spouting this nonsense for years now. It's a legitimate debate because one group wants to distort science in favor of teaching their bungled worldview to everyone else in classrooms.

What's really interesting about this whole thing is though, most young earth Christians just really don't care. They do believe the bible is truth revealed (as they should), but more importantly (to them I guess), they don't see any observable impact in their lives from belief in a young earth. It doesn't affect their job, or their marriage, or other things in their lives in a primary sense. They mostly keep it to themselves, with exception of really outspoken folks like this guy Hamm.

There are people who believe that the holocaust was justified and Hitler was right. There are people think that white man was the first to inhabit this country. It doesn't effect their ability to live purposeful lives.

It doesn't make them right.

"Teach the controversy". I wonder which group has been spouting this nonsense for years now. It's a legitimate debate because one group wants to distort science in favor of teaching their bungled worldview to everyone else.

sure, but the other 38% out of 40 really don't care enough. It's guys like Hamm that get people rowled up over it.

As far as bungled, if you didn't think us Christians (not limiting that to young earth in your case) were fools, then we'd be untrue to our faith and Pilate wouldn't have ever crucified Christ.

There are people who believe that the holocaust was justified and Hitler was right. There are people think that white man was the first to inhabit this country. It doesn't effect their ability to live purposeful lives.

It doesn't make them right.

oh, you got us. Yes, creation believing Christians, 1/3 of the country, are all holocaust deniers. Slap yourself on your ignorant back.

It's important to care about people lying to children.

then stop it already.

oh, you got us. Yes, creation believing Christians, 1/3 of the country, are all holocaust deniers. Slap yourself on your ignorant back.

Actually, I'd call the young earth creationists ignorant.

And no where did I equate them to holocaust deniers other than they believe in things that simply aren't true.

I had some conversations with an evolution denier, and learned that it was about personal identity.  It literally got to the point where this was clearly stated: "this is a part of my identity, i will not reconsider it"

and your Godlessness is not the same to you?

If you're suggesting that Christians are the only people who believe in some form of a creationist worldview I'm not sure you can support that.

If you're asking why Christians seem to hold more strongly to those beliefs even after having been introduced to modern science, I don't have an answer for you.

Christians are the only people who believe in the christian creationist world view. Other religions have may have their own creationist world view which no one outside that religion believes.

But if the "science" of the any of these religious creationist views were actually sound, Isn't it reasonable that those views would be popular and common everywhere?

Instead what we find is that the scientific view of creation from the big bang to evolution is the view shared across multiple cultures and religious backgrounds.

Actually, I'd call the young earth creationists ignorant.

And no where did I equate them to holocaust deniers other than they believe in things that simply aren't true.

my apologies. On my mobile, the text is small and I thought it said "these" not "there". I agree with your original statement.

Archived