Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Amanda Knox Verdict Reinstated! Guilty as charged!

Gibbs Hog Heaven

I don't know if thast is true. There are lots of first time murders in the klink and they aren't teanagers. Besides who is to say it's pre-mcdeditated. It could have been a crime of passion, or coersion, or just drug induced. All would still make her guilty of murder...

To my mind their just isn't any evidence against Amanda once you drop the confession. In our legal system the confession would certainly be dropped... Even in Italy dropped the confession... they just didn't keep it dropped.

If you go through their histories, you will find that they had previous, criminal acts. Broke in to a house, stole a car, beat someone up, etc etc. I did a study on this in college and it was very interesting. Essentially, there was a history of criminals committing smaller crimes and escalating to more serious crimes. It's why the cop who catches the kid with a bag of weed may not be doing the right thing by simply wagging his finger and letting him go. Or that kid who was out drinking, or got caught trying to steal car.

If you go through their histories, you will find that they had previous, criminal acts. Broke in to a house, stole a car, beat someone up, etc etc. I did a study on this in college and it was very interesting. Essentially, there was a history of criminals committing smaller crimes and escalating to more serious crimes. It's why the cop who catches the kid with a bag of weed may not be doing the right thing by simply wagging his finger and letting him go. Or that kid who was out drinking, or got caught trying to steal car.

Yes, much better to get them into the criminal justice system early, we all know that trips to the joint decrease potential for future transgressions and return visits.  ;)

I know that's not what you're saying, being a little cheeky, it's just that it's impossible to know who will continue down that road and who's just being a little rebellious or experimenting.  I would argue, however, that putting them into the system, if anything, enhances the probability that they continue down a criminal path.  Our justice system isn't really known for its batting average when it comes to rehabilitation.

• 2 months later...

Suprised noone updated this yet.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2014/04/29/amanda-knox/8469539/

MILAN (AP) — An Italian court that convicted Amanda Knox in her roommate's 2007 murder said in lengthy reasoning made public Tuesday that the victim's wounds indicate multiple aggressors, and that the two exchange students fought over money on the night of the murder.

The appellate court in Florence explained the January guilty verdicts against the American student and her former boyfriend Raffaele Sollecito in a 337-page document that examined both the evidence and the motive.

The court said that a third person convicted in the murder, Rudy Hermann Guede, did not act alone, and cited the nature of the victim's wounds. It noted that at least two knives were used to attack 21-year-old Meredith Kercher and that there were also finger imprints on her body, indicating she had been restrained.

Suprised noone updated this yet.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2014/04/29/amanda-knox/8469539/

MILAN (AP) — An Italian court that convicted Amanda Knox in her roommate's 2007 murder said in lengthy reasoning made public Tuesday that the victim's wounds indicate multiple aggressors, and that the two exchange students fought over money on the night of the murder.

The appellate court in Florence explained the January guilty verdicts against the American student and her former boyfriend Raffaele Sollecito in a 337-page document that examined both the evidence and the motive.

The court said that a third person convicted in the murder, Rudy Hermann Guede, did not act alone, and cited the nature of the victim's wounds. It noted that at least two knives were used to attack 21-year-old Meredith Kercher and that there were also finger imprints on her body, indicating she had been restrained.

So now there's two knives and fingerprints?

I would hope that we are not going to allow her extradition. Much as I love Italia, their criminal justice system is such a joke.

I think Lombardi'sKidBrother settled this earlier in the thread by posting something about the treaty that precludes extradition.

So now there's two knives and fingerprints?

As I read that post, what I think it's saying is that forensic evidence says that the victim was stabbed by two different knives, not that they recovered two knives. And that there are bruises on the corpse from where someone held the victim down, not actual fingerprints.

Which, I have to confess, "feels" a lot like some games I've seen DAs in the US play, when DNA evidence says that (some guy who we've got in jail) doesn't match (some piece of evidence we found at the crime scene, but which we used to convict said guy).

The DA suddenly becomes "well, that doesn't prove that this guy I want isn't guilty. There might have been more than one criminal."

There may well be evidence that says there was more than one attacker.  But that's nowhere near evidence that proves that this person right here is guilty. 

In the United States, our courts tend give their reasoning up front along with their decisions.   We don't come up with a bunch of brand new justifications after our original verdict gets blown to pieces.  

I know, we are silly like that.

• 10 months later...

Holy Smoke.  Read the comments.   They have nothing to do with the Amanda Knox verdict.

Obama just signed an executive order giving the treasury the go ahead to start printing a $3 dollar bill with his face on it.

The illegal Kenyan dictator Bengazi-gate brown Satan in the White House killed that girl. Impeach and jail him now.

Our President is guilty of worse things

Obama - the child Satan tried to abort.

imagine if one of Hillary's fossilized eggs and one obonkers junk cells were artificially implanted into Chelsea and the spawn was raised by the Pelosi's and Reid's?

Michelle Obama wants to eat Amanda Knox's dirty p---sy

If Obama had a son it would be Trayvonn. If he had another son it would be Michael Brown. If he had another daughter it would be a black Amanda Knox

Michelle Obama looks like a horse.

In case I didn't mention it earlier in one of the Amanda Knox threads, I really recommend reading The Monster of Florence.  Fascinating book, and the same prosecutor wrongly convicted half a dozen people of being the Florentine serial killer (who became the inspiration for Hannibal Lecter), and then had to let each one go when the crimes continued while the "guilty" person was locked up.  In each trial, he used the same bogus home;less witnesses, who suddenly remembered seeing the latest defendant fleeing the scene.  Finally when he found out a pair of reporters were writing a story about it, he interrogated them both and accused them of being the serial killer. For each defendant the prosecution claimed he was a sex-obsessed devil worshipper who killed as part of an occult ritual - the same tactic he tried in the original Amanda Knox/Sollecito trial.

Archived