Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

So if the skins still had their #1 pick, who would we be drooling over?

HogHeaven1983

Bottom line is if we had the 2nd pick of this year's draft then Kirk Cousins would probably be our guy right now, so we wouldn't need a QB. I would try to trade down to gain a few picks and if you couldn't get anyone to budge take Jake Matthews. Solidify our exterior on the offensive line for the next decade.

Would this be the same Kirk Cousins who had 7 turnovers and a QBR or 57 in his 3 game audition?  It still amazes me that fans continue to believe that Kirk will ever materialize into a franchise QB.  And without a franchise QB you are fighting uphill.

So for that reason if we still had the 2nd pick I'd be thinking Bridgewater and praying that he will be as good as RGIII.

Would this be the same Kirk Cousins who had 7 turnovers and a QBR or 57 in his 3 game audition?  It still amazes me that fans continue to believe that Kirk will ever materialize into a franchise QB.  And without a franchise QB you are fighting uphill.

So for that reason if we still had the 2nd pick I'd be thinking Bridgewater and praying that he will be as good as RGIII.

Don't know what Cousins will turn out to be but if you threw every QB away based on their first 3-4 game performance, you wouldn't have a job in the NFL anymore and you would have to cut some Hall of Famers.

Don't know what Cousins will turn out to be but if you threw every QB away based on their first 3-4 game performance, you wouldn't have a job in the NFL anymore and you would have to cut some Hall of Famers.

I understand that.  But my point was people are taking that same small sample size, where he had many more bad outings than good ones, and claiming "we've got that position locked up, we don't need a QB" and that's  crazt talk is what that is.   

Clowney didn't have a great year and has a couple question marks but his talent is undeniable. As a prospect he reminds me of JPP but with even more burst, size, and strength. Complete freak of nature. If you can get him to concentrate, go all out on every snap, and refine his technique he could be a generational type player. 

I'd be drooling over trading down for more picks.  There's no way you pick a tackle at the top of the draft and make him an RT.  Plus there are lots of people who would help the team without doing something crazy.  

Trade back, pick up an extra 2nd or 3rd (whatever the chart says), and pick up Calvin Pryor (FS), and someone like Morgan Moses (OT), Gabe Jackson (OG), or Cyril Richardson (OG).

That way we get one of the must fix spots on both O and D.

Sadly, we're stuck and will likely miss out on the opportunity to pick 3 out of these 4 players.  If we're lucky one or two will be left when we select.

Clowney might have the most upside of anyone in this draft.   When you watch his highlight reels on you tube, he just jumps off the screen. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjzL_LB-eEs

I am almost hoping that the Texans take Clowney #1 ... just so I am not kicking myself for 10 years if Clowney turns into the next Reggie White or Lawrence Taylor.

I am almost hoping that the Texans take Clowney #1 ... just so I am not kicking myself for 10 years if Clowney turns into the next Reggie White or Lawrence Taylor.

Since Reggie White switched between DE and DT, I don't think that will be a problem.  Clowney doesn't play the same position as White did.  As for being the next LT:

"Morgan: The Lawrence Taylor comparison, do you welcome that, or is that a burden?

Arrington: (Holding up new No. 56 Washington Redskins jersey) Does that answer it? Does that answer it? I hope that answers the question (laughs). I'm going to wear it. No, I don't feel like that's too lofty of an expectation. It's a challenge that I gladly accept."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/2000/nfldraft/news/2000/04/16/morgan_arrington1on1/

As someone said earlier...deep draft and so many holes to fill. Trade down and accumulate more picks. In fact Id be a proponent of trading back from the 2nd pick in the second round and work the third, fourth and fier talent at positions of need, IMO. ILB Borland, WR/KR Abrederis, WR Coleman (dude is 6'6!), TE C.J. Fedorowicz, FS Huff off the top of my head

Archived