Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Russell Wilson vs Nick Foles

Riggo-toni

Both these guys were 3rd rounders in 2012, making them (along with Alfred Morris) the great steals of the draft. It can be argued that either one's success is a by-product of the system they are in - Wilson is playing in a SB largely thanks to old school virtues of dominating defense and a great run game; Foles' stats are spectacular but may be overinflated by Kelly's fast paced offense.

So, let's say you are drafting for a team other than Philly or Seattle. It's the early 3rd round and both are still available. Which one do you pick?

Yeah and having a talented offense is the only thing that matters, huh. smh

Ummm, when comparing 2 QBs to one another? Yes, its one of, if not, the most important factor.

Do you even read the title of the threads you post in? This is a thread comparing 2 QBs, not the Eagles and Seahawks. "Foles is better than Wilson because the Seahawks have a great defense." Good one  :lol:

I cant tell if you are trolling, or you just dont know how to read...

Dude I'm saying that a large part of RW success is a result of a great supporting cast. Why do you have to make things difficult. You don't think defense and special teams aid in a QBs success?

I thought it was trolling before, now i know its just you are bad at reading comprehension.

Wall is overrated dude. lol That's what this is about, huh. Just noticed your avatar.

How the **** is Wall overrated? Come on man. You're trying too hard. Again.

If you must continue, and I know you must, please come into the Wizards thread in the Tailgate and tell us how Wall is overrated.

Wilson has had two great seasons and now has a ring. He's a great leader and everybody loves him.

After being just decent in his rookie year, Foles switched coaches and caught fire. At this point, there's no way to tell if he's merely a system QB or an unfortunate victim of the 100% awful Philadelphia Eagles dragging him down. Then again, that doesn't say much for his innate talents, does it?

Wilson all damn day.

As much as it pains me to type this Seattle is built like a dynasty already and Russell Wilson is going to win multiple Superbowls in his career. Does no one even notice that 22 of the 53 man Seahawks roster is made up of undrafted players? I wish that the Redskins had the capablitity to spot talent like this and motivate players to perform like this. When it's all said and done my guess is Wilson goes on to win 2 out of the next 3 Superbowls and people everywhere are saying Wilson is the next Brady. I would take Wilson over Foles and that makes me sick

Not as a starter

Trent Dilfer? Does that work for you?  Because, though Wilson does have more talent than Dilfer, their Rings were pretty much earned the same way: on the backs of their defenses.  Philly's defense was not very good this year, though they had a few bright spots during a game here and there.  If Philly's D was even close to as good as the Seahawks D, with the year that Foles just had, there is a great chance the Eagles would be hoisting their first Lombardi instead of the Seahawks. 

Can Foles maintain/repeat this type of success?  That is the question.  However, Wilson had more crap games than Foles did this year, but he had not only a great D to bail him out, but also a great Special Teams.  If Wilson was left to carry the Seahawks on his back, no way would people be praising him the way they are.  Just watch film of his play in all 16 games this season, and you'll see a lot of pedestrian QB play.  The same cannot be said of Foles.

Trent Dilfer? Does that work for you?  Because, though Wilson does have more talent than Dilfer, their Rings were pretty much earned the same way: on the backs of their defenses.  Philly's defense was not very good this year, though they had a few bright spots during a game here and there.  If Philly's D was even close to as good as the Seahawks D, with the year that Foles just had, there is a great chance the Eagles would be hoisting their first Lombardi instead of the Seahawks. 

You are seriously discrediting russel wilson by comparing him to trent dilfer. Sure Wilson has a great defense, but the dude has 52 TD to 19 INT. First QB ever to put up 100+ passer rating in his first two seasons. Has a completion % of over 63 in both of those seasons, where dilfer didnt even have one 60% season.

I understand where you were going with Dilfer, but it was a poor choice. And if Wilson had all the weapons at receiver that Foles has, wilson could be putting up even better numbers as well. Thats not even mentioning McCoy as a receiving back.

Foles had a great year obviously. But before crowing him, all i said is lets wait for him to do this consecutively.

Not as a starter

Brad Johnson Superbowls 1

Trent Dilfer Superbowls 1

Peyton Manning Superbowls 1

Dan Marino Superbowls 0

So the first 3 are on equal footing and Dan is clearly a notch below.  Johnson and Dilfer both have a win pct of 100% in the Superbowl where as Peyton is only 33%, so those two are above Peyton as well. 

It's kinda ridiculous to judge QBs solely on Superbowls won, or even as a major factor even.  People don't do that for other positions.  Barry Sanders never got out of the first round, does that make him a lesser runningback than two time Superbowl winnning runningback Antowain Smith?  Does anyone really think if you switched the quarterbacks in the past Superbowl the Seahawks wouldn't win still?

Brad Johnson Superbowls 1

Trent Dilfer Superbowls 1

Peyton Manning Superbowls 1

Dan Marino Superbowls 0

So the first 3 are on equal footing and Dan is clearly a notch below.  Johnson and Dilfer both have a win pct of 100% in the Superbowl where as Peyton is only 33%, so those two are above Peyton as well. 

It's kinda ridiculous to judge QBs solely on Superbowls won, or even as a major factor even.  People don't do that for other positions.  Barry Sanders never got out of the first round, does that make him a lesser runningback than two time Superbowl winnning runningback Antowain Smith?  Does anyone really think if you switched the quarterbacks in the past Superbowl the Seahawks wouldn't win still?

You completely ignored my post after the one you quoted.  What you guys are pretty much saying is that Russel Wilson had no input at all in his first two seasons because they have a great defense? Great logic there.

Archived