Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

LaCanfora: Fred Davis 6 Game Suspension

Rocket442Olds

No. Why would they? They made it a big point that employers could still fire people for weed in those states.

At some point marijuana is going to start being looked at more like beer then a hardcore drug. On top of that, as many painkillers as some of the guys are probably taking, its probably better for them to just smoke weed instead.

Packers could probably use a TE with Finley's neck injury and FA status. Maybe the lack of a big nigh life scene in Wisconsin can help him the way it helped Charles Woodson.

Funny, when i was your age, a lot of the blame for a moribund Packers team was based on the very fact that Wisconsin lacked a night life.  Wasn't until Favre came on the scene that people started to argue the other way. 

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink. 

Guys like Davis infuriate me.  You have tons of talent, and are given the opportunity to live a life many of us will only dream of...and you piss it all away, because you refuse to change your thinking.  Davis will be just another "could have been."   

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.

Guys like Davis infuriate me. You have tons of talent, and are given the opportunity to live a life many of us will only dream of...and you piss it all away, because you refuse to change your thinking. Davis will be just another "could have been."

He's a "true NFL story" documentary waiting to happen, similar to E's true hollywood story. Once he declares bankruptcy and does jail time.

Maybe he should have waited until Goodell  and the League actually OK'd using medical mary for concussion symptoms! Disappointed because without him, we have no 2 TE set that provides a mismatch. BTW Gruden loves his 2TE sets. Unless we add another good pass catcher, with Paulsen and Reed in the game, guess who is going to get the pass? See,  just visualized last yr when Paulsen would get the pass thrown his way in the endzone, wide open and bam, no points! Sheesh

Maybe he should have waited until Goodell  and the League actually OK'd using medical mary for concussion symptoms! Disappointed because without him, we have no 2 TE set that provides a mismatch. BTW Gruden loves his 2TE sets. Unless we add another good pass catcher, with Paulsen and Reed in the game, guess who is going to get the pass? See,  just visualized last yr when Paulsen would get the pass thrown his way in the endzone, wide open and bam, no points! Sheesh

Logan Paulson had exactly 1 dropped pass last year out of 50 targets - http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/drops/2013/

Rec   Drops   Targets    Rec %     Drop %

Logan Paulsen TE Was 28     1               50       56.0 %     2.0%      

I am not saying Paulson should be a prime target. But the guy generally catches what's thrown at him. His problem is getting open as he not that fast.

Dude needs to go to rehab.

I've got to say that from a pure talent perspective, Davis really is one of the biggest busts in the last 20 years.

#1, by an extraordinarily large margin without any comparison is that dufus Lavar Arrington, who had HOF type physical talent, and and the intelligence of a gnat with a learning disability. 

But #2 might really be Davis.  He had the opportunity to really be a world class TE, got every opportunity to prove it over and over, and just couldn't stay on the straight and narrow.  From oversleeping on day 1 to the drug suspension to getting hurt, to falling asleep in meetings, the only shame is that Shanahan re-signed him last year and gave him 1 more opportunity.  Granted, they didn't know about Jordan Reed at the time, and they needed some stability at TE.

Dude got chance after chance, and for one reason or another, blew them all.

Good luck Fred.  Enjoy a year off (nobody's going to sign him with a 6 game suspension).  

Does Morocco Brown have test for intelligence seems like Davis and Arrington and Big Al had no discipline?

Does Morocco Brown have test for intelligence seems like Davis and Arrington and Big Al had no discipline?

I'm sure that they test for intelligence, and football smarts.

One thing that Billy B. up in Pats land always says is that he looks for football smart guys first, and athletic talent second.  Been pretty good at that.  (of course, it does help to have one of the best QBs of all time, but then, he selected that QB in the 6th round, so ...)

Also, some players are going to bust because they bust.  That's just life.  They can look great pre-draft, and then they go bang unexpectedly. Some have warning signs, some don't.

People forget that it was a REAL tossup between Leaf and Manning at one point. Leaf was by far the better athlete. More mobility, more arm strength, and the general consensus was both were going to be studs.  

And then Leaf bombed out because of immaturity, and eventually injuries.  But you would never have predicted that on draft day.  Hell, Bobby Bethard was the guy who engineered the trade for Leaf.  And he's not half stupid.  

Funny, when i was your age, a lot of the blame for a moribund Packers team was based on the very fact that Wisconsin lacked a night life.  Wasn't until Favre came on the scene that people started to argue the other way.

Well it probably doesn't entice Free Agents to sign in GB (not that we're big in the FA market anyways). I know Woodson was not thrilled to come to Green Bay, but we were apparently the only team willing to give him a shot.

Well it probably doesn't entice Free Agents to sign in GB (not that we're big in the FA market anyways). I know Woodson was not thrilled to come to Green Bay, but we were apparently the only team willing to give him a shot.

When I was your age, FA wasn't really a thing.  Interesting that GB is not a big FA market but after 25 years of suck became good when FA became a real thing.

Very easy to dump on a guy who made one of the biggest mistakes of his career. I wish Fred the best and hope he can turn his life around.

A mistake is dropping your laptop or forgetting to pack your prescription sunglasses when on a trip to Saudi Arabia (which by coincidence is where I am right now) .....choosing to use banned substances and failing to stop when your career and income are at stake is not a mistake. It's terrible judgment, a sign of a gross lack of personal discipline and/or evidence of a substance abuse problem he needs to address.

I hope he can turn his life around as well, but it will not be as a Redskin and it's probably not going to be as an NFL player.

Lurking, but I dont understand whats totally wrong with this,

I dont smoke, but why punish people that enjoy something that doesnt harm anybody else?

Whether it should or shouldn't be legal, whether it hurts or doesn't hurt anyone, it's a banned substance in the NFL and can get you a suspension.  When you take a job, sometimes there are things you're not allowed to do even if they might be legal for everyone else.  If the NFL owners and NFLPA want to un-ban it, that's their call. 

Archived