Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Darren Sharper arrested in L.A (Source:Pilotonline.com)

beachboy757

Just reading this.

Wow....just wow.

Assuming that the accused is guilty, cases like Sharper's make me pine for a return to more old-fashioned forms of capital punishment.  Like hangings in the public square.

Old Mexican prisons.  They go out and dig holes, when they die, you push them in and fill in the dirt.  I'm not ready for my children to see public hangings.  Society isn't ready for that.  We're much to emo as a population now.

So do you guys think Sharper will now come out and say that the concussions he suffered in the NFL had something to do with these alleged sexual assaults?  I somewhat remember seeing that before either in a movie I saw or with a player in different sport.

More formal charges...

USA Today Sports - Former NFL safety Darren Sharper has been charged with two more counts of sexual assault and three more counts of administering dangerous drugs, this time in Arizona, where he allegedly raped two women in November.

Detectives from Tempe served Sharper's attorney with a grand jury indictment on those charges Wednesday morning, making Arizona the second state to file formal sexual assault charges against Sharper, 38.

"I talked to Darren, and he vigorously denies the allegations," Sharper's Arizona attorney, Skip Donau, told USA TODAY Sports. "We're going to contest them vigorously, and we expect at the end of the process he'll be vindicated."

He also noted that Sharper had a prior relationship with one of the alleged victims in Arizona.

The former Pro Bowler is suspected by police of date-raping nine women in five states: two in Los Angeles, two in Arizona, two in New Orleans, two in Las Vegas and one in Miami Beach.

According to the police report from Tempe, Sharper went out to a nightclub with two women, returned with them to their apartment and insisted that they drink ****tails he made. One of the women passed out almost immediately after drinking it, and the other started feeling ill, the report said.

When the woman who felt sick went to the bathroom, she said she became alarmed when she observed Sharper naked, on top of the other woman on the couch, the records show.

The woman stated she was "taken aback by what she saw and stood there for a while wondering if she should intervene," according to the police report. "She reported being concerned that the sexual act was not consensual because she did not know if (the other woman) was awake," the report said.

After being seen, Sharper then knocked on the woman's door in an apparent attempt to explain, saying that he and girl on the couch "have something going on." A third woman in the apartment woke up naked from the waist down and had no memory of how her clothing was removed. When one of the women confronted Sharper about what had happened, Sharper allegedly replied, "I don't really remember. I guess I could have done that. I'm really sorry."

More:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2014/03/12/darren-sharper-ambien-date-rape-arizona-california/6332631/

• 11 months later...

Max of 8 years, for taking 9 women all over the country. Math sees off on that. On the bright side it's a lock they'll all sue him right? He should exit prison as a free and decidedly not wealthy man (with a record making him virtually unemployable).

Max of 8 years, for taking 9 women all over the country. Math sees off on that. On the bright side it's a lock they'll all sue him right? He should exit prison as a free and decidedly not wealthy man (with a record making him virtually unemployable).

And being a former pro athlete turned rapist will make him a lot of friends. Unless they keep him out of general pop.

Doesn't he still have cases pending in other states?

Eligibility and consideration are two different things. He should be eligible if all we're talking about is what he did in between the lines,

However, if a guy can be delayed, or excluded because he "Didn't talk to the media," then I'm sure they'll have no problem leaving out a piece of **** serial rapist.

I read the plea deal covered all four states and that the jail term for all of his convictions would run concurrently.

I, for one, say that's some seriously ****ed up bull**** for ****'s sake you gotta be ****in' ****tin' me

...I don't use GD, so let me know what expletive I missed...

Archived