Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PS4 Madden League

Rodriggo

Ready to advance.

The Denver Broncos strolled into Cowboys Stadium looking improve to 5-0 and put a beating on the Dallas Cowboys that Jerry Jones will not soon forget. It was the most lopsided loss in franchise history as Denver dominated Dallas from the opening whistle in route to a 58-14 win.

Broncos QB Colin Kaepernick had his best game of the season, throwing for over 400 yards, 6TDs and not turning the ball over once. He also added 61 yards to a suddenly effective Denver ground game. The young QB was excited in his post game press conference.

"Yeah man, ya know what I'm saying, it's like...just crazy to finally not throw an interception for a whole game. It feels good ya know what I'm saying? I know I got skillz but its fun to go out and outshine a great QB like Peyton," Kaepernick boasted.

He had reason to be enthusiastic as he led the Broncos offense to their most complete and balanced game of the season.

Rookie Kenjon Barner rushed for a career high 81 yards while fellow rookie backfield partner Eddie Lacy added 57 yards. The two earned their offseason nickname of Thunder and Lightning for the first time in the regular season.

Return to Form?

The Broncos defense has been criticized the past two weeks giving up 25 and 21 points. They had arguably their best showing this week, shutting down the Jerry Jones wet dream Cowboys offense, of Peyton Manning, Randy Moss, Victor Cruz and Frank Gore and holding them to just 2 garbage time TDs.

Ziggy Ansah added 2 sacks to his NFL leading total including one that also forced a fumble and lead to a fumble return TD.

Denver faces the Jaguars next week and should be heavy favorites again.

Can anyone stop this Denver offense?

Did you play 281skins? How'd it go?

Setup/scheduling went great. We played a good game, 281 got some big plays on me and we were tied 14-14 early but Rivers threw 6 picks that Bills couldn't overcome...final score pretty lopsided but it was a challenge...would have been closer without the turnovers.

I won.  Week 5 complete.

I'm 5-0 and am not having that much fun.  6 BS interceptions and a fumble which wasn't a fumble - but was not given the opportunity to challenge.  I run the ball 90% of the time, and usually only pass off of play action, and STILL throw a ton interceptions.  I was 22-32 with 6 ints.  It's not like I'm heaving the ball up for grabs like some noob.  I throw to WIDE open receivers.  The 4 incompletes were 2 drops and 2 throw aways.

The absolute stupidity of my WRs and /or coupled with the superman defense AI is grating my nerves.  Speaking of AI, Nick Foles almost destroyed me.  Nick Foles. Did he throw the ball to Jordi Nelson or Marshall?  Nope, some no name, double covered garbage tight end I've never heard of.  Couldn't stop that kid if he was triple covered.  I tried.

Couple this with the absolute garbage blocking AI, and I'm fed up tonight.  Thought about resigning, but I"ll give it some time and think about it when I'm not ready to punch a hole in the wall.

On to next week.

I haven't seen that many tipped passes either online or off since I've been playing. That's odd because I remember you mentioning it before too.

The AI is a little quirky too. Sometimes they look as inept as the keystone cops and then they will have a couple drives where they are completely untouchable no matter the play call, player, etc, they're going to score and you aren't going to stop them. Or vice versa on defense.

I'll try to mess around under practice and see if I can find any patterns or assistance in the tipped passes. I really hope you stick it out after you have calmed down, for one so the Redskins don't have a free path with no human resistance in the NFC lol and mainly because I like you being a part of this and enjoy reading your write ups.

Having slept on it - I don't want to retire either.  The fun outweighs the irritation.  Having a discussion with the wife about it, I may have some kinks that I'm not aware of, tendencies the the game is picking up on, etc.  "babe, I love you but you won - chill."

I'm going to see if I can export my roster and work on this. Poor Locker isn't going to improve and I'll have to get a better QB through the draft or FA.  Poor kid, he has some real potential. 

If I had a nickel for every time I thought about quitting Madden... :)

Honestly Locker isn't good enough to throw it 32 times and not cough it up.

Trust me, Cousins is way worse and I pick and choose my spots with plays I know are going to work...one read plays I can bail on immediately.

Mix it up too, throw in a screen or a route out of the backfield if you keep turning it over down the field. My two cents anyway.

Big gripe about this game is not being able to export your team to go into practice mode outside of CC, big gripe.

Learning your playbook is important. One work around would be to pick the Titans and run the Seattle playbook so at least you have Locker and your plays....when you pick a defensive play for the CPU press "B" and then select random play and you can run your one offensive play against various looks ad nauseum.

I'd say my biggest gripe with the Career mode is that there are no custom audibles or formation subs. There is a 5 Wide Shotgun formation that uses only 2WRs 2TEs and sends your HB out wide. Now that does provide flexibility if you want to go no huddle and switch into a power running set but I'd still like the option of setting that formation up with my own personnel choices and alignments. 

I honestly wish I could video capture what happens.  I run out of I form twins.  I run the search, toss, dive, weak dive, etc.  Over and over and over.  I switch to Pistol Diamond and run out of that.  Read option, etc.  Switch back, run the search.  Sleepy Davis is open 99.4% of the time.  I throw the PA TE Leak.  No issues there.

I can run outs, come backs, zigs, corners.  Anything else, no matter how open they are - is picked.  Every single time.  I know this before I press the button and try and push the ball low and away from defenders, doesn't matter.

I wonder if there is a string of code where you just can't blow the doors off the computer.  It's asinine.

And no, Locker is not a good QB.  I stated as much and have molded my playcalling around this.  There are some decent QBs in the draft that I'm excited about.  Maybe upgrade my WR corps during FA to help out as well.  And as far as 32 attempts, I threw quick outs, ins, zigs, curls - just to see what I could get away with against the AI after all the picks  I was 5-5 1 TD before the picks happened, so I decided to throw the ball down their throats.  I usually will only attempt 15-25 attempts a game unless I have a Brees quality QB.

I'll figure it out.  I haven't lost a vs CPU game in madden in a few years.  (I always tweak the AI, to make it less rage inducing - but still challenging)  If I lose to one of you - so be it.  I'm ok with that.  I will not, however, be ok with losing to the cheating, broken computer AI.

Goonies, don't let it get to you. On my 360 I could be up 60 points on the CPU and still get pissed when I get scored on or throw a pick.

Seems like you can still do a lot in terms of the passing game, might just want to pick your spots on routes that are causing the ints and hold on tight to your "PA TE Leaks."

I know I get titillated to go over the top on a go route if I see press on the outside with no safety help but it doesn't work with regularity....maybe once every two, three games and only if the receiver is like top 5 in the league, even then it's iffy. The AI on the other hand will beat my CBs no matter how good they are on go routes at least 4 times a game, almost always for huge TDs.

"Throwing down and low" might be your problem on some of these as maybe you're letting the secondary step up into your throws as opposed to throwing it further down the field and letting your receiver's body "block" the man covering him? (Just a thought) I can't remember pressing down on a throw unless I wanted the receiver come back on it and I was out of the pocket running for my life.

If you're not having fun, no problem if you want to do something else...would love to have you stay but you shouldn't be getting frustrated. The league is about user opponents anyway, it's who you're gonna see in the playoffs and the Super Bowl when it counts.

I will not, however, be ok with losing to the cheating, broken computer AI.

I kid you not, I broke 2 360 controllers trying to run an undefeated season with San Jose St on NCAA 13 on Heisman (All-Madden setting). Its the most broken thing in videogames, the All Madden/Heisman difficulty. 

Shades of it sneak into All-Pro where every now and then you get that drive where the HB turns into Jim Brown and cannot be tackled or some BS like that. 

All you can do is laugh to keep from crying/rage quitting lol. <- My new motto after my wife came in to check on me due to too many stomps and screams during Kaepernick's 8 interception game a couple weeks ago. She said I sounded like Johnny Mac in there... :rolleyes:

The league is about user opponents anyway, it's who you're gonna see in the playoffs and the Super Bowl when it counts.

We are still waiting on one more for week 5 right?

I kid you not, I broke 2 360 controllers trying to run an undefeated season with San Jose St on NCAA 13 on Heisman (All-Madden setting). Its the most broken thing in videogames, the All Madden/Heisman difficulty. 

HAHAHA!!! I used to play NCAA (09, 10?) a ton. I found a cheese play where I put my 5 star Barry-Sanders-like RB in the slot on a deep  corners route, moved him pre-snap to the other side of the line and then just threw it to him for TD after TD after TD. It's how I survived Heisman difficulty. Have to be honest tho, I played some epic games on NCAA against the CPU...games I still think about, pathetic as it sounds. :) I won 11 straight national championships at Notre Dame, forever known as "The Decade" the last six were on Heisman, then I went to SMU and built them up from nothing....I loved that game.

We are still waiting on one more for week 5 right?

Binton's Patriots still have to play the Bengals, he's got time.

Hawks Roll to 6-0.

"Jake has been strugglin' and he asked us to carry him this game," Alfred Morris said of his quarterback Jake Locker, "the guy can ball.  He just needs to get his confidence back." 

And carry him the running game did.  The Hawks, led by Morris, amassed 315 yards on 37 carries for a season high 6 TDs.  "My Oline is tremendous, I couldn't do this without them!" said "the butler".  Morris carried the load sprinting to 215 yards and 4 TDs.

Locker had 100 yards on 10 carries and 2 late game tds.

Locker struggled, again, this week in the passing game against a determined AI defense set to make the Hawks one dimensional.  "We wanted to take away their passing game, to help contain the run," said James Laurinaitis, team captain and MLB.  "Holy cow, that backfired on us."

The hapless Titans couldn't get anything going.  Their only points coming off a wild throw by Locker that was picked off.  "Man, I was beat and the pass was just terrible," admitted Anthony Bethea, "I couldn't believe the break we were given.  But it didn't last long."

The Seahawks defense pummeled the Titans.  Allowing 114 yards, 99 rushing, and holding the visiting team to 3 points.  The legion of spoon picked off Jason Campbell four times and hammered him en route to a season high 11 sacks.

The "other guys" {Texas A&M won their lawsuit this week, Seattle fans can no longer refer to themselves as the 12th man} have yet to pick a replacement name for themselves, but were out in force.

Thats all from CenturyLink Field, I'm Goonie55, thank you and have a good night.

Screw passing.  I'm setting rushing records.

HTTR

Archived