Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PS4 Madden League

Rodriggo

Congratulations Guys,

Especially skins214428hail, and Momma for sticking it out for the whole thing!

Some real gems in the err...54th round... :)

Season has officially started.

FORCE DEADLINE FOR PRESEASON WEEK 1:

10:00 PM EST

FRIDAY JANUARY 24, 2014

I will update the OP with the info as well.

Everybody remember to either post here or PM me that you've gotten your game in so I can keep track of the force deadline and update everybody.

Yeah lol it got a little dry there after round 30 but when you forget to draft interior OL until then you gotta try to make some lemonade.

Btw, regarding the posting or PMs to let you know the week is finished, can't we hit the "Ready to Advance" option that way you tp can track in game who is ready and who isn't? Might be easier for you manage that way rather than checking here and getting PMs about it for each week. I just finished week 1 preseason and selected that I am ready to advance. That should be visible to you

I just finished week 1 preseason and selected that I am ready to advance. That should be visible to you

Great, keep me updated just like you did.

That way I know what's up and can update the force deadline as soon as possible without having to be home playing to know when everybody is ready or not.

I want to actualize the "force deadline" as soon as possible that's why I'm asking for updates through here or e-mail.

If we all get our games in say by Wednesday night, we're not all going to wait two days to play again. I am just going to update the force deadline to 72 hours based on the last person to click "ready" and advance the league to the next week.

Advanced to Preseason Week 2

FORCE DEADLINE FOR PRESEASON WEEK 2:

SATURDAY JANUARY 25, 2014

Everybody remember to either post here or PM me that you've gotten your game in so I can keep track of the force deadline and update everybody.

Browns 2-0 in the preseason. 37-17 over the Lions. Kirk 6 picks...yikes.

Kirk winning the QB battle with Ryan *cough* Mallett....sooooo yeah, my ceiling is low for this year.

Put Peterson on the tradiing block if anyone is interested....Looking for an upgrade at QB and not a huge down grade at RB.

How is the gameplay for you guys? Feels a little fast for me but let me know. I'm playing Normal speed on 360 and it's not this fast.

The momentum in this game is hard to get used to.

Browns 2-0 in the preseason. 37-17 over the Lions. Kirk 6 picks...yikes.

Kirk winning the QB battle with Ryan *cough* Mallett....sooooo yeah, my ceiling is low for this year.

Put Peterson on the tradiing block if anyone is interested....Looking for an upgrade at QB and not a huge down grade at RB.

How is the gameplay for you guys? Feels a little fast for me but let me know. I'm playing Normal speed on 360 and it's not this fast.

The momentum in this game is hard to get used to.

I always put the game speed on Slow during my Franchise and offline games which I believe is one down from Normal. It felt fine during my preseason game though but I've been playing online a lot lately too so I am getting used to it I think. 

I appreciate EA trying to good correct momentum in the game for realism and it does prevent a lot of cheesing too but it could definitely use some tweaking. Playing online I've had so many times where the WR momentum coming back for a pass ruins a first down conversion or a TD. 

I'm pretty happy with my team though I completely neglected my OL. Tyrod (Go Hokies) had a big preseason week 1. I'll trade you AP for him straight up  :lol:

Advanced to Preseason Week 3

FORCE DEADLINE FOR PRESEASON WEEK 3:

TUESDAY JANUARY 28, 2014

If you can please send me your e-mail as some members have lost full functionality on this site. :)

And some guys still aren't letting me know when they get their games in or not.

Also, man its hard to pass in this game for some reason. Brandon Wheedon and Jake Locker, cough, cough. Rushing the ball is not problematic, at all.  I hit up some youtube videos before my game, ran a practice game, and came out better, but it is still difficult.  Almo and Mike James (Rookie out of Miami) are monsters at RB.

Sorry to all for missing the draft and having to simulate my first game - I work quite a bit and am not able to meet at specific times, but I'll concede to you whipping my booty if that is an issue, I'll make sure to not hold you guys up.

Fun stuff!

No worries, happy to have you. You got your game in early this "week" so no holding up.

I'm having a heck of time with Cousins and Mallett is an int machine. Shouldn't have waited until the 20th round to go QB. :)

So are you just not able to schedule specific times to play fellow users? That's really the best part of playing online as the CPU can only challenge so much.

Advanced to Preseason Week 4

FORCE DEADLINE FOR PRESEASON WEEK 4:

FRIDAY JANUARY 31, 2014

Shoot, I jumped the gun by an hour. NM, haven't technically advanced yet in the game.

Bills and Redskins still haven't played, doubt they will in an hour as neither is currently online.

The Week 4 Deadline will still be Friday at 10:00 tho. Sorry for any confusion.

I'm having a heck of time with Cousins and Mallett is an int machine. Shouldn't have waited until the 20th round to go QB. :)

It's your dang pass defense reaction time setting at 75 that is killing this lmao. I had wide open WRs all day against St Louis and the coverage came out of nowhere to pick off Tyrod 8 times...8...8! lol

Leave it to the guy that neglects QB and drafts Peterson 1 to make it hard on us pass first guys ;)

I'm just playing though, it's all good.

It's your dang pass defense reaction time setting at 75 that is killing this lmao. I had wide open WRs all day against St Louis and the coverage came out of nowhere to pick off Tyrod 8 times...8...8! lol

Leave it to the guy that neglects QB and drafts Peterson 1 to make it hard on us pass first guys ;)

I'm just playing though, it's all good.

Tyrod is your backup and he's better than my starter. :)

Pretty sure the def reax time at 75 is standard for All-Pro, maybe I'm wrong.

Having a tough time with AP actually, the Chudnizik(?) playbook is a disaster.

I was showing the wife a replay of an interception.  The MLB (practice session) jumped 5 feet in the air to catch a pass.  His cleats were at shoulder level on Boldin (6'1").  Granted I have no reason to complain as I wasn't at the draft, but Wheedon SUCKS.  Jake Locker can at least run the ball, which I do frequently!

And yes, def reaction time is 75 on All Pro.  That's why I back it down to 62.  Still punishing if you chose the wrong receiver, but minimizes the rocket pack/teleport DB syndrome.  Or the "Madden Factor", is what I have called it for years.

Browns in the clubhouse at 4-0.

Massive media scrutiny on Coach Chud right now for keeping Cousins in for four full games but he just keeps pointing to the 4-0 record.

Kirk making massive strides...hit Tryndon Holliday in stride on a beautiful crossing pattern with touch, over the top of a slow covering Bears LB and a safety that cheated too far up. Frankly, it took my breath away. That safety could be driving a UPS truck tomorrow but still impressive.

Defense is serviceable, Will Demps has been a revelation, Jordan Reed and Keenan Allen getting stronger/better and yet still so young.

A lot to like right now, Browns could make some noise this year.

:P

Yeah, the arm tree on some of these LBs is insane that being said the passing controls in this game are the best I've ever seen. You can actually throw a guy open if you aim your pass right, an out can become a fade just by nailing the angle of the throw. Not always obviously but I find I can make many more throws with lower ranked QBs on the PS4 than I can with better ones on the 360.

Regular season can't start soon enough!!!!!

Tyrod is your backup and he's better than my starter. :)

Pretty sure the def reax time at 75 is standard for All-Pro, maybe I'm wrong.

Having a tough time with AP actually, the Chudnizik(?) playbook is a disaster.

I had no idea that is what the setting was on All-Pro because I can tear AP up usually. Besides I think I realized what the problem was. It pains me to say it as a die-hard Hokie but Tyrod in this game has the arm strength of a wet napkin. Last night I had Terrence Williams wide open on a post. The safeties had no idea he was even back there and Tyrod underthrew him by about 20 yards straight to the FS facing the offense who had no idea TW was 20 yards behind him. He picked it fo sho.

So I just have to adjust the playcalling better for when Tyrod was in which is pointless now. I think I'll be fine once Kaep plays the full games.  

------

Early Concern?

Needless to say, the phrase coming out of Denver after this preseason is 'Ball Security'. Averaging 6 TOs (not timeouts sadly) a game is disastrous. Fans are rightfully panicked. 5 TOs in the Redzone killed scoring opportunities too. The Denver media is giving a little pass right now since the team still finished 3-1 and looked dominant at times. After last season's collapse against the Ravens in the playoffs, it will take a little more than a dominant preseason to earn the fans trust back. 

The New, Ole Ball Coach?

The new fast paced, Baylor-esque offense John Fox has implemented to compliment Kaepernick and his fleet of WRs could threaten the NFL scoring mark if they can eliminate turnovers. Fox spent time at Oregon and Baylor this offseason preparing to unleash a certain hell on the NFL. The results have looked promising so far and QB Colin Kaepernick (3 Preseason TDs) is excited to grow in this offense. 

"Man, shoot, this the type of offense a QB loves. It highlights my strengths and lets me get the ball to my boys in space n let them do waht dey do, you know what I'm saying. I think we can set some scoring marks this year"

Kaepernick's confidence and play so far has been the highlight of the offseason amongst the front office, league sources say. Just months ago, team officials were concerned that he would not be ready to start the season after undergoing an extensive and painful, tattoo removal process. 

"I was just ready for a new chapter in my life, you know what I'm saying," Kaepernick said. "My tattoos got me this far, but it's not like they're my fresh kicks and matching fitted...you know, I don't need my tattoos. It was a tough process but I'm ready to move on and show the world I can win without my tattoos"

As many noted during the preseason, an unfortunate side effect of the tattoo removal was the the change in Kaepernick's skin pigment.

"He definitely looks lighter, but its not Michael Jackson level or anything," said star WR Dez Bryant. When asked to clarify, Dez was not able to as he was receiving a phone call, apparently from his mother, which was gathered by the way he he answered, "Ay yo ****." 

Rookie Turning Heads

Kenjon Barner, the blazing rookie RB out of Oregon has turned heads already this season. He has taken a kickoff back for a TD and made the most of limited snaps at RB behind fellow rookie Eddie Lacy. Barner has proven a worthy late round selection showing the skills that made him an All American at Oregon as he flashed in the running, receiving and particularly the screen game for the Broncos. The two provide a Thunder and Lightning dynamic that have kept teams off guard all preseason. Barner expects his playing to increase as he is worked into the regular offense more once the season begins. 

That is the report from Denver after the preseason finale. Stay tuned for your Broncos 2013 season updates.

Archived