Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tatankgough

Well here we are again searching for that magical HC that will finally bring Washington to a Dynasty we have all be wanting to see again. Personally I have been waiting since the late 80's and early 90's otherwise known as the Gibbs era. We all know that Gibbs won 3 SB with 3 different QB's, I think Malzhan would be able to win 3 SB or more with 1 QB in RG3.

I want to add Gus Malzhan to the list of potential HC for the Redskins. He is a very successful coach and has a very inventive offensive mind. He created the hurry up offense @ Shiloh Christian to great success and the wildhog @ Auburn where he was just awarded the 2013 coach of the year award. Brought Auburn to the Rose Bowl and even though they lost in the final minutes he is in my mind an up and coming brilliant coach that should be considered.

In the Rose Bowl FSU was heavily favored and yet they won in the last minutes of the game in a 34-31 final score. Keep in mind too that Auburn has a very porous secondary, sound familiar?

His past proves how hard he is willing to work in order to do what he loves to do and is very very good at.

One of his best assets is accessing talent and putting his players in position to get the most production out of their natural talent. With all the talented players we have on defense and his understanding and success on both offense and defense he should be considered and given an interview.

His success running the ball at Auburn would equate well with the core of running back we already have in our offense.

He also is a great leader of men. Inspiring his players to get their degrees. Fielding a team with 12 degrees among the players in the game.

That speaks to more than just inspiration, it shows concern a true sensitivity to the players futures and overall well being.

Like so many on this forum I believe we have had enough of retreads and used to be's. We are looking for someone new, someone accomplished and someone with an inventive offensive mind. In Gus Malzhan we have someone that basically recreated the hurry up offense, something that RG3 excels in every time we have used it. I wonder what else he might come up with that the NFL is not ready for.

He is well liked by all his players past and present and is meticulous to details of the game. He is a great teacher with great patience. He are some links I would very much like to know what you all think about his being a possibility for our teams future. He is a young 53 I believe and has impressed all that have interviewed him. I as one obviously would at least like Bruce Allen to consider him.

http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/77687/video-gus-malzahns-journey

http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/malzahn-previews-auburns-2013-season/12rqq6yg?cpkey=b1e6aaa0-de2f-4414-97d4-fa89365e6ff0%257c%257c%257c%257c

http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/highlights-5-missouri-vs-3-auburn/12gv55r5?cpkey=b1e6aaa0-de2f-4414-97d4-fa89365e6ff0%257c%257c%257c%257c

http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=gus+malzahn+video&ei=UTF-8&fr=moz35

http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=gus+malzahn+video&ei=UTF-8&fr=moz35

http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/malzahn-looks-to-put-perfect-end-to-season/12vszmva?cpkey=b1e6aaa0-de2f-4414-97d4-fa89365e6ff0%257c%257c%257c%257c

http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/bcs-title-game-preview-auburn-fsu/12fym7lp?cpkey=b1e6aaa0-de2f-4414-97d4-fa89365e6ff0%257c%257c%257c%257c

HTTR, from one 41 year fan of this team.

Gus Malzahn is the best thing going in coaching right now, in my opinion.

He's had success in every job he's had, but starting with Arkansas OC he started the wildcat trend with Darren McFadden in his only year there, after Arkansas hired him to entice Mitch Mustain to stay in state.

Then he moved on to offensive coordinator at Tulsa where his offense was #1 in the country (via a passing/big 12 style spread) for his two years there.

Next came offensive coordinator for Auburn, during which 2010 happened.

Next came a conference championship with Arkansas State, his first year as a college head coach.

Finally this year at Auburn.

Malzahn's teams are consistently excellent and often spectacular. Among his many traits is drastically refitting his system around his talent. For instance, five years ago he was leading the nation in passing, this year its rushing from his Delaware Wing T. Another example is this: here he's got this unstoppable ground game with his JUCO qb, and his first two HS quarterback recruits are both pocket passers.

Malzahn is far and away my dream coach for the Redskins, but it doesn't seem like he's leaving Auburn very soon.

Being able to project some of these college HCs to NFL is just as hard as projecting the college QBs.  The offenses they run are heavy read option, bubble screens and fly routes. 

If they went for a college coach, I'd rather it be someone with NFL pedigree like O'Brien or Shaw.  Even Franklin as some NFL experience so I'd consider him. 

Being able to project some of these college HCs to NFL is just as hard as projecting the college QBs.  The offenses they run are heavy read option, bubble screens and fly routes. 

If they went for a college coach, I'd rather it be someone with NFL pedigree like O'Brien or Shaw.  Even Franklin as some NFL experience so I'd consider him. 

One of main things I like about Malzhan is his inert ability to get the most out of the talent he is given.

He is inventive and unpredictable, able to make half time changes and has great clock management skills.

His success record is something that cannot be ignored in my opinion and since we have one of the rarest of talents in RG3 I think this would be a match made in heaven for the franchise, players and us fans.

They lost because they didnt have the ball last not bc they are a one trick pony. Their one trick pony had 195 yards n stormed down the field for the go ahead td moron. Some people really have no clue what theyre talking about with regards to coachingZ

Would people still be clamoring for him if that 4th & 18 pass gets knocked down or picked off? What about if Bama made 1 more FG.

He's had a great 1st season at Auburn, let's not annoint him as the 2nd coming of Lombardi just yet. Hell, he's only been a HC in college for 2 years.

They lost because they didnt have the ball last not bc they are a one trick pony. Their one trick pony had 195 yards n stormed down the field for the go ahead td moron. Some people really have no clue what theyre talking about with regards to coachingZ

If you know so much about coaching, maybe you should educate us, rather than resorting to childish insults.

I would ask everyone that offers an opinion on this subject to be civil and not to be insulting to others. Thank you HTTR

One of main things I like about Malzhan is his inert ability to get the most out of the talent he is given.

He is inventive and unpredictable, able to make half time changes and has great clock management skills.

His success record is something that cannot be ignored in my opinion and since we have one of the rarest of talents in RG3 I think this would be a match made in heaven for the franchise, players and us fans.

FSU were the one's making the adjustments last night.  Auburn's offense didn't get going again until FSU's stud DT got winded late in the 4th quarter. 

I like Malzhan, but haven't seen enough of him to think he's going to be successful in the NFL. 

Does it bother anyone else that he's changed jobs so many times in such a short period of time?

Looks like a very good coach though, and an innovative offensive mind.

I think that it just shows that he is hungry for a challenge, something that would make him a perfect choice for the Redskins. One challenge that would suit his desire to build a champion. In my opinion he already has a great start with the talent already on this team. Also he would be a great fit to be able to groom RG3 to be successful. IMO.

I don't have anything against the guy, but I think he's a really good college coach with no NFL experience, which very rarely works out.  I'm not saying NEVER, but everyone is excited about college coaches this year for some reason.

How about Chip Kelley, he was only a college HC and I would say he has had success in the NFL given in the Eastern Division of the NFC but still.

Auburn was the heavy underdog in last nights game and the Noles won in the last seconds of the game. Mostly the Tigers won with the running game. We have one of the best running backs in the biz and our QB is going to be fully healthy next season.

I say roll the dice, the man has been successful in every stop of his career. How many NFL coaches can say that??

I would be all for it. Just like Chip Kelly last year, the guy just feels like he's a great football mind and will constantly learn and get better. For me, it's got little to do with the specific system each ran and more to do with how brilliant I think they are.

More than with other candidates, though, it would come down to the interview. He would need to show me he knows he has to adapt what he does to the NFL, tell me how he's going to do it, show me some strong knowledge of the personnel and systems currently in the league, and impress me with the staff he wants to hire, which would have to include plenty of NFL veteran coaches. If he did all that, then bring him in.

I think he would be a great coach. He has turned several programs around while moving up to the HC position at Auburn. I suggested Gus in another thread before the BCS title game. After watching that game, I believe now more than ever that he would find success in the NFL. The guy can design a system around running or passing. It reminds me of the Patriots changing their scheme every seasons base on the personnel they have on their roster.

I do believe he needs a strong supporting cast on the defense side of the ball.

Chip Kelly was also a newly crowned head coach, with an innovative offense, who lost a national championship to a Heisman winner. He's doing pretty well in Philly so far. Malzahn is worth a look. He's run so many different types of offense in high school, Arkansas, Tulsa, Arkansas St, even at Auburn (with Cam Newton and now this year). He adjusts his offense to the strength of the personnel.

Archived