Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How quickly do you want results from the new coach?(poll added)

RichmondRedskin88

101 members have voted

1. 1. How long do you give the new coach before you need to see real results?

• 1 year- The roster will be good and Griffin should be back to normal.
    • 2 years- The roster and coaching will need time but we need results year 2
    • 3 years- The roster needs serious work and the coaching staff needs a few years get things in place.
    • 4 years- The roster is disaster. The coaching needs to overhaul a lot and that will take years.
    • Give us a Super Bowl this year or we eat your soul.

We have talent. RG3, Trent, Morris, Reed, Garcon, Kerrigan, Orakpo, Riley, Amerson, Hall. We have money to sign players to plug holes, draft picks to get some good talent(all of them except round 1 i believe. Should be able to get some talent at 34 and 66.) I dont see at all whey we cannot compete next season. Philly did it with a qb carousel in the beginning of the season and Foles picked up the offense right away. If Foles can do it, i believe Griffin can do it and do it better.

I disagree with a "TON".  Do we have holes?  Sure.  But I think with the right coach, we have some players on our roster that could fill some of those needs.  I feel like coaching was 70% of this teams problem.  Every team has holes to fill, but compared to 4 years ago, it doesn't compare.  Four years ago we had an aging, overpaid, thin roster that was a few injuries away from disaster.  When Orakpo got hurt, Jackson came in and didn't miss a beat.  We have some young talent on the roster, I just think we need the right staff to mold them into winners.

I guess we will have to disagree then. I see a line that needs help, we need WRs, I am not sure we are set at TE. Can you rely on a constantly injured Reed? Defense, how many FA do we have? Something like 7 of our starters are FA. Everyone keeps throwing Orakpo's name out there, but he is a FA along with Riley, Hall, Wilson, Merriweather etc... Orakpo already said he wanted to test the market. Basically, we have a defense that is going to look totally different next year. Hopefully a line that looks totally different.

In the defensive backfield, I believe the only players that are signed next year are our rookies from this season.

I just don't see the same talent that everyone else does and I was 100% against the coaching this year. I was happy as could be when Shanny was fired.

I see a ton of holes. I also, think our biggest issues this year were coaching, but we have to change a lot and I think we will see significant change.

The rebuild has already been in progress for four years.  With Danny Boy retaining Haslett, Morris, and a few others, he must think we are going to compete for the division this year.  IMHO, if we hire an unproven coach, it could be three years.  If we hire someone with NFL coaching experience, then maybe two.  FA acquisition will also play a huge part in filling immediate needs. 

Danny hasn't retained anyone.  He hasn't fired all of the staff yet.  The new coach will decide fate of those coaches still with the Skins.

Archived