Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Snyder still struggles to find formula for success

hail2skins

Can't remember if this was discussed before, but story mentioned Shanny wanted Bulger in 2010, but Snyder pushed for McNabb.  If Shanahan really felt strongly about it, he should've pulled out his contract then and there.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/daniel-snyder-washington-redskins-owner-still-struggles-to-find-formula-for-success/2014/01/04/5d86bfa4-74a4-11e3-bc6b-712d770c3715_story.html

Alternate title:

WaPo: **** Dan Snyder, the Red****s, and everything associated with that team

I'm done reading their crap, not clicking.

Ditto - Snyder could do everything the fans wanted him to (and has, frankly, after giving up control almost completely), and the Post would still rip him apart for things that happened 14 years ago.  F'em.  I even stopped reading the Post Sports section online because I found their reporting has really become agenda-driven drivel. 

Boy, how can a potential coach want to work for Snyder. He picks the splash guy signs him to an overbloated contract and when the player busts then head coach gets the blame?? McNabb was one of his splash signings not Shanahan's. Whoever our new HC is I hope he gets final say on player personal written in his contract.

If Danny implies a little pressure to get someone for marketing purposes; then he will never win anything.

Dannyboy, the best marketing tool you can have is a team that wins consistently.  You bring that to Washington and you can even market the janitorial staff. Let Bruce do the job you have tasked him to do and let his coach that you will soon hire do his job. 

I have talked to many people over the years that have had contact with Snyder (note, these people are not players) and pretty much all of them said he is a dick.  A common example is a contractor doing some kind of work for him whether it be at his house or at Redskins park.  The contractor will coordinate with Dan's people and decide on what needs to be done to get the job done.  Dan will come in later, and just change things, be a dick about it, and disregard both his people and the contractor, treating the contractor like second class.

The article points out what has been known for years that he is not a leader, has self esteem issues, micromanges and makes stupid impulsive decisions without any type of actual skill and knowledge to make the impulsive decision.

While I agree that the WAPO hates Snyder there has to be some truth to what they write. They don't just pull **** directly out of their asses and 'print' it.  There has to be at some SOME validity to the stories.  

McNabb played for one year and was benched near the end of the season.  Does that sound like a player the coach personally wanted? The same thing happened with RGIII.  It just seems like way too much of a coincidence that the coach supposedly wants these players and then as soon as he gets a chance he goes with someone else.

Even if there are good responses/reasons for this I still think there some truth to the article.

Of course there is some truth to that article.  Come on, one of the Mods mentioned in one post the Snyder's minions routinely monitors this message board and the local sports talk radio.

The guy does have self esteem issues and I think he would love to be doing what Jerry Jones does.   We may win one a superbowl one day; when this team just happens to go on a run that doesn't end until we win the Superbowl that year.

Unless, Snyder let's the people he hires do their jobs without interfering; then he will never field a consistant winner.  Every 3-4 years we will do this over and over again.  Though eventually, Snyder will reach a point where it won't matter.  The team will win but other than die hardest fans  noone will no longer care. The team could be on a Superbowl run and he won't be able to sell out Fed EX.

Of course by then, he could just move to LA, London or wherever.

I will wait and see how Bruce does but there's a part of me that believes that Snyder will still interfere and if there's a big name free agent Snyder wants he will instruct Allen to do what it takes to make it happen.  If we see a crazy deal for a free agent; odds are Snyder will be behind it.   If we see this team give up more draft picks to get someone; odds are Snyder will  behind it.

Eventually, people will turn on Snyder for good.  What happens this next era could very well determine that. 

Boy, how can a potential coach want to work for Snyder. He picks the splash guy signs him to an overbloated contract and when the player busts then head coach gets the blame?? McNabb was one of his splash signings not Shanahan's. Whoever our new HC is I hope he gets final say on player personal written in his contract.

Every sentence of this paragraph had me laughing. Re read it please and don't tell me how ridiculous this sounds. Shanny had FULL control people. Snyder has done nothing but sit in his office but play PaperBall Basketball the past 4 years 

Jesus. The HC having the final say on personnel has been one of the biggest problems with our team for years and years.

If we're going to blame him for failures and mistakes that we don't actually know he had a hand in, we have to also give him credit for successes and great moves that have been made over the past few years especially. Its not like every time the Redskins **** up, Dan Snyder is pulling the strings, and every time they do well he's been out of town for the weekend.

Besides, do any of you really think that Dan Snyder would have the audacity to force Mike Shanahan to trade for Donovan McNabb against his will, while simultaneously refraining from forcing him to fire Jim Haslett? You can't have one and not the other, it doesn't add up.

Archived