Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Return of the military brat

Burgold

For the last four or five games, RGIII has been painted as a cancer and a diva.  I have to believe that image is not true or if it is it is the result of temporary head inflation and instant stardom.  Let me explain.  Robert Griffin the third worked his arse off to come back and to come back way ahead of schedule.  That does not sound like a diva.  In his first season, he was praised as a guy who studied the playbook and knew it inside and out before practice and that he was the first guy on the field and the last guy off the field.  More, he was a guy who got angry at mistakes and tried never to repeat them.  Again, doesn't sound like a diva to me.

Now, here's the biggish thing.  RGIII is a well-mannered, well-spoken military brat.  So, are you really telling me that this workaholic, driven guy is a diva who doesn't understand chain of command or discipline?  I think order and structure was built into him from his earliest days.

If he lost his way a bit, he has the drive and nature to be brought back quickly because he grew up in that military culture.  He's very competitive and needs to succeed.  He also needs to be loved.  More, he's still the guy that when things went well for him went out of his way to praise Morris his "Terrell Davis"

I don't smell any TO BO.  I don't even smell Lebron BO. 

His play was subpar, but I don't think his effort, his want to, or his accessability to coaching was.  So, I think there is a very good chance that 2014 will mark the return of the military brat to the player we saw before his injury in terms of accuracy, discipline and (knock on wood) success.

For the last four or five games, RGIII has been painted as a cancer and a diva.  I have to believe that image is not true or if it is it is the result of temporary head inflation and instant stardom.  Let me explain.  Robert Griffin the third worked his arse off to come back and to come back way ahead of schedule.  That does not sound like a diva.  In his first season, he was praised as a guy who studied the playbook and knew it inside and out before practice and that he was the first guy on the field and the last guy off the field.  More, he was a guy who got angry at mistakes and tried never to repeat them.  Again, doesn't sound like a diva to me.

Now, here's the biggish thing.  RGIII is a well-mannered, well-spoken military brat.  So, are you really telling me that this workaholic, driven guy is a diva who doesn't understand chain of command or discipline?  I think order and structure was built into him from his earliest days.

If he lost his way a bit, he has the drive and nature to be brought back quickly because he grew up in that military culture.  He's very competitive and needs to succeed.  He also needs to be loved.  More, he's still the guy that when things went well for him went out of his way to praise Morris his "Terrell Davis"

I don't smell any TO BO.  I don't even smell Lebron BO. 

His play was subpar, but I don't think his effort, his want to, or his accessability to coaching was.  So, I think there is a very good chance that 2014 will mark the return of the military brat to the player we saw before his injury in terms of accuracy, discipline and (knock on wood) success.

I have no doubt RG3 will be better next season. His work ethic has never been questioned. As long as he's 100% healthy, he'll be back to his old ways.

Archived