Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Predict the Retread Coach to be hired in 2016

Riggo-toni

For anyone who has actually looked back on the Danny Files, you know there's a predictable pattern. Hire an unqualified offensive assistant or college offensive coach (Robiskie, Spurrier, Zorn), leave him with a lousy roster and undercut him the moment he appears overwhelmed, then fire him. In order to deflect criticism, hire a well-known retread and surrender complete control so that everyone can say (once again) "oh, he's learning."

So this year we'll be hiring some overhyped disappointment like Jay Gruden, but who will Danny hire in 2 years?

For anyone who has actually looked back on the Danny Files, you know there's a predictable pattern. Hire an unqualified offensive assistant or college offensive coach (Robiskie, Spurrier, Zorn), leave him with a lousy roster and undercut him the moment he appears overwhelmed, then fire him. In order to deflect criticism, hire a well-known retread and surrender complete control so that everyone can say (once again) "oh, he's learning."

So this year we'll be hiring some overhyped disappointment like Jay Gruden, but who will Danny hire in 2 years?

I never knew Jay was a head coach?  Where did Jay fail at?

I don't see any of the NFL coordinators, including Jay Gruden, out there as "overhyped," and think that is the way the Skins should go....probably after hiring a GM, or at least letting Bruce do the interviews while Snyder stays away. Well, unless they try and hire Grimm solely on the basis of his Redskins connections,

The only one of the college names that might be considered "overhyped" is Briles due to his ties to RG3.

If what Russell says is accurate and they go with Cowher, there is no hope for the midget. Then again, Russell mentioned Cowher as the front runner in '08 and it didn't happen, so i'm not putting much stock in his reporting. I'd also be lukewarm to Lovie Smith.

2001 - Marty - vet retread

2002 - Spurrier - hot college coach

2004 - gibbs - vet retread

2008 - zorn - unknown young coordinator

2010 - shanahan - vet retread

2014 - ??? - young/hot college/NFL coordinator

2016 - ??? - vet retread

hahaha sad but true

Zorn was a QB coach prior to being hired as OC for Skins and promoted to HC after NO ONE else would work for Dan.

Well, it doesn't look like we are going to conduct a search and hiring of a head of football operations, so we'll probably hire some idiot with no power. We will have an unsophisticated front office structure and personnel department. RGIII will flex his power if said coach doesn't cowtail to him, and Snyder will allow it. We suck so bad.

• 11 months later...

IMO, (I am assuming/hoping Gruden is done after this season).

Robert has one more season on on his rookie contract, so basically you need to either:

A) Bring in a coach like Darrell Bevel who has a track record that can make QB's like Robert work masking their weaknesses, highlighting their strengths etc etc etc. No more square peg into round hole, the goal is to make Robert successful and go from there. 

Or

B ) You start the pain and fury early, take your medicine and cut Robert, turn the page, and start the big rebuild immediately, but with a coach that is going to get a long time to tear it down and build it back up the way the 49ers did it.

Now, Option B will be happening regardless if Option A doesn't work out, it will just be one more season down the road.

The question is, are we 100% sure that there is no way/route/plan to make Robert succeed in the NFL?

EDIT: reading this thread over now...maybe I took it too serious. Haha. 

Archived