Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A fitting end (if indeed the Giants' game was the end)

Burgold

The 2013 crew didn't deserve a ride off into the sunset.  No redemption game that showed the promise of the players or coaches.  Rather, we deserved what we got.  An ugly rain soaked game full of turnovers, dropped passes, missed opportunities, poor defense at the crucial moments, suspisciously bad and one-sided reffing, bad time management... odd play calling, and quarterback play that suffered from terrible protection and scheme.

Yes, this game was the encapsulation of everything that our 2013 Redskins represented from spotty offense, to poor defense, to wobbly special teams.  Ironically, the defense showed up pretty well, but once again showed that they had a glass jaw and that once hit they folded.  Strangely, Haslett always allows a score after the 'skins score and he did it again today.

All I can say is this game was a fitting exclamation point to a season that was unerringly and consistently painful.  Facing a defense not quite bottom 3, Cousins exhibited the same problems as Griffin.  Qbs need time to be accurate, to go to a second or third read, and to execute this offense.

Time to find a new beginning, but the ending... well, it was the ending the Shanahan's probably deserved.

Here's the ending Shanny deserves:

He drives to Ashburn for his meeting with Danny.  The security gaurds don't let him; saying they have no record of him being currently employed with the team.   Dan shows up with a box and tells  Shanny he cleared his desk for him and hands him the box.  He tells Shanny, Thanks for you service and wishes him luck and also hands him an official termination letter.

I was thinking the same thing Burg.  Kirk's ineffectiveness and the offense's utter ineptitude just go one step further in discrediting Shanny's capabilities.  Has anyone considered that the 2 worst teams in this league were run by Shanahan and Kubiak, who both built their OL the same way and run essentially the same schemes.  Criticisms one might hear about the OL would be the same for both teams "The left tackle is the only good player on that line..."

The Denver system is obsolete in an age of athletic DT/DE hybrids like Tuck or JJ Watt who can penetrate with interior stunts.

This was the end, the only real thing that is going to be discussed in the morning is how much money Shanny is going to steal from us and what he is allowed to say in the presser after he gets the door.

I would not fire him. I would relieve him of his coaching duties and re-assign(european scout) him within the organization for the duration of his contract. And if he wants his money he will be quiet for the next year while on his new assignment.

I would not fire him. I would relieve him of his coaching duties and re-assign(european scout) him within the organization for the duration of his contract. And if he wants his money he will be quiet for the next year while on his new assignment.

I'd love to know how this all works on the inside and whether he gets every last penny of that contract. Not bloody right if he does.

I'd love to know how this all works on the inside and whether he gets every last penny of that contract. Not bloody right if he does.

He does.  And Snyder can't keep him as coach while stripping away personnel control or force him to fire any assistants.  Shanny's contract explicitly states he has full control over such matters. Soooo...Shanny can refuse to relinquish any power, and Dan will have to either fire him and pay him the remaining $7million of his contract, or we can go through another year of the Mike and Kyle show.

Archived