Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BMitch comments on Shanny cronyisim and Snyder support...

Renegade7

Do you still support Snyder???  

133 members have voted

1. 1. Do you still support Snyder as the owner of the Washington Redskins???

• yes
    • no
  2. 2. Hire the HC or GM first??

• Head Coach
    • General Manager

Redskins Postgame Live was only for a half hour today, but Brian said something that really stood out to me and made a lot of sense on why this whole thing went to hell.

Basically, this team DID have a plan, and last year it worked.  Snyder got out the way, let football people run the organization, we got a franchise QB and won the division.

The problem was when different people's individual goals started to interfere with the goal for the overall franchise.  Prime example being Shanny defending his coaching staff, especially his son.  It was weird the Kieth Burns hiring considering how overwhelmed he seems for a first year coach.  It's crazy how much he defended his son even when the offense became borderline predictable.  And its absolutely insane how long he stook with Haslett dispite little to any results on that side of the ball in the four years here.

This was the downfall of this whole Shanahan Era.  And you know what, I'm not even mad anymore.  I just want it to be over so we can try this again with hopefully someone that will put the FRANCHISE first.

Not their legacy.  Not their son.  The Redskins.

I feel Snyder did a much better job not being all up in his players face, but his relationship with Griffin was all that was needed to help officially send everything off the deep end.  If he can just end that and continue spending money and staying out the way of people making football decisions, we're going to be fine.

The poll isn't fair.  There should have been a third option on the first question, because I only give qualified support to Snyder.  If he makes stupid decisions again, it will be back to the old days (pitchfork, tar, feathers). 

GM is the key.  He's tried the other ways, he needs a chief scout to get the players the new coach needs.  And we need an actual coach, not a guy who wants 'total control'.  Enough of that.

A innovative, energetic head coach with a staff of Young Turks, a knowlegable and competant (anti-Cerrato) GM, 35 mil in cap space...

we might be competing faster than everyone thinks.

I'm really starting to be sold on that Roman character from SF.

The poll isn't fair.  There should have been a third option on the first question, because I only give qualified support to Snyder.  If he makes stupid decisions again, it will be back to the old days (pitchfork, tar, feathers). 

GM is the key.  He's tried the other ways, he needs a chief scout to get the players the new coach needs.  And we need an actual coach, not a guy who wants 'total control'.  Enough of that.

A innovative, energetic head coach with a staff of Young Turks, a knowlegable and competant (anti-Cerrato) GM, 35 mil in cap space...

we might be competing faster than everyone thinks.

I'm really starting to be sold on that Roman character from SF.

I can understand that, but either you do or you don't, bro, ya know? There's no maybe. : )

So the plan worked last year, yet the problem is that Shanahan wouldn't fire his son right after the plan worked. Got it. When you find something that works, you just start firing people.

No, as BMitch said and I'm saying, this team was fine last year because we didn't have so many ulterior motives as we did this year. 

You ask me if I "still support" him. How should I answer if I never did? :P

I gave you a like for understanding, fair enough : )

Shanahan's choices for assistant coaches is a major reason why it didn't work here.  If it is true that he's changing defensive game plans and making defensive calls on game day then why keep Haslett?  If the guy is so inept that you are undermining him then why keep him around?  You obviously don't trust him.  Is it just because you feel you can control him?  That would make him the "Snyder" of coaches.

Also, sounds like hiring his son was a bad idea.  He sees how a relationship between Griffin and the owner can be perceived as bad but can't see how a family relationship could be problem?  Even Mrs Shanahan didn't like the idea.  Sounds like (if reports are to be believed) that other coaches have a big issue with Kyle.  Even if Mike doesn't believe it was a problem, perception is reality.

I do not support Snyder and I've made if quite clear in several threads. If anyone really cares, check my posting history to find out. I don't feel like typing out yet another response of how he has turned the organization into a joke and maintains the status quo. I doubt I'd remember all of the reasons why I feel this way either.

I'm surprised to see so many in favor of Snyder. Although there were many that were surprised to see so many in support of Shanahan so I suppose this speaks to our fractured fan base.

Dan Snyder is a terrible owner that has done nothing but pile failure on top of failure. He's tried everything but the obvious answer in his search to solve this teams problems his way. No. Hell no.

GM that has the power to hire and fire any head coach.

I put HC over GM, only because I don't think it's time to get rid of the GM.  But then I also don't feel it's time to get rid of Shanahan just his coaches.  But, unfortunately Kyle is a package deal with Mike.  

And despite how passionate a fan he is and how much money he has to spend on the team, I will not support Snyder.  He's made this team a laughing stock of the league and it is bound to be even worse next year.  Stay in your owner's box Danny boy, and stop playing favorites.  Let the coach make the decisions and stay out of it until the season is over.     

I'm sure Snyder has someone to manage his money. Someone to make sure that his money makes money.

Why is it so hard for him to realize that he needs to do this with his football team? Find a GM that fits what he wants in a team culture, step back, let them do the work. For a long time.

I'm still not sold on Bruce Allen NOT being the GM of this team. I mean, that's his officially title on the redskins official website. I feel we should give him a chance to be the guy in charge and not share that power with anyone.

I could accept that. Everyone here says that he's basically a cap guy/numbers guy but I wouldn't be upset if he was given control over the team in all respects.

How much worse could it get?

Yes to Dan even though he makes me want to kick small dogs and kittens.  He is the owner of my team, so he has my support even though he has made more mistakes than can be counted.  Hopefully, one day, he gets it.

Yes to hiring a GM first.  You know, like most winning organizations do.

and we do have GM in Bruce Allen, but he doesn't wield the power that a GM is supposed to wield.  Full control over Football operations.

According to PostGame Live Danny Smith wants to interview for the HC job...I'd rather see the ol' ball coach back than him.  

Hard to believe the majority of fans support Snyder as owner.

I think it's more the case that we know we are stuck with Snyder and Mike's Coaching staff needs to go than support for Snyder.  

Archived