Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

MMQB: Would you trade same picks we traded for RG3 for Cam Newton knowing what you know about Cam now?

Bonez3

MMQB: Would you trade same picks we traded for RG3 for Cam Newton knowing what you know about Cam now?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. MMQB: Would you trade same picks we traded for RG3 for Cam Newton knowing what you know about Cam now?

He just led his team to a division title, 12-4 record, and a first round bye.

Yeah, I think I would.

Cam had a great season, ill give him that. But he also had a great defense. RG3 won a division title and a trip to the playoffs as a rookie, with a 4-1 touchdown-interception ratio, WITH a mediocre defense.

It would be interesting to see RG3 with a top defense, so as of right now, no, i wouldnt trade those picks for Cam.

Cam is a beast tho. He has a strong build, dont see him getting injured like RG3. But the potential I saw in RG3 as a passer in his rookie season, its too much to give up on him. He was insanely accurate. I call this season a wash since he was coming back from his second major injury. We will see how good he is next season... or how bad.

It's a tough choice really. I think RG3 is a superior Passer but Newton has more durability and he has better Football insticts running than RG3 has. When RG3 runs he looks like a track guy because he runs so upright and doesn't have as good field awareness as Newton does. I'll still take RG3 because I believe the Skins are gonna find the right Head Coach that actually wants to let him develop instead of turning his back on him because he didn't automatically become a John Elway or Steve Young clone. 

Here's the major difference: cam was taken first overall and the panthers need had to mortgage the future a bit To draft cam. If they did - they wouldn't have luke kuechly and I forgot who they drafted this past year...so they still was in position to continue to draft around and build that team whereas we even though I'd make that trade 100/100 - It would take longer to build a team around him. So yes third year he has them at 12-4 but it may take year 4 for that for rg3.

Hell no. A million times no. I said it before we made the trade, which is why the move made me so excited: RG3 is the best quarterback prospect I've ever seen. Ever. This season doesn't change my evaluation of his abilities in the least. I firmly believe that if he realizes his full potential, he'll be Aaron Rodgers with Olympic speed in a few years. A lot of that will depend on the coaching staff and team that we surround him with, of course, but the same is true of Cam. Give RG3 that defense and we probably win the division this year, even if the offensive production (and RG3's play) remained exactly the same. Cam maxes out as somewhere between a more durable Michael Vick and a much better runner/significantly-but-not-"much"-worse passer than Big Ben, IMO. Now, that can get you far, maybe even win you a Super Bowl if Carolina's defense continues to be this strong in the years ahead. But RG3's ceiling, in my very non-expert opinion, is one that we've literally never seen before. Hopefully we'll give him a chance to reach it.

How good is the rest of my team?

If I'm generally average to bad, no.  If I'm really good except for at QB, I'd consider it.

Not really seeing the logic here. If anything, I'd reverse it. If I have a mediocre team, especially when it comes to the offensive line, I can make Cam my entire offense and probably have a chance at a wild card just because he's so physically dominant and can take the beating. (I realize that the previous two seasons suggest otherwise, but I think Carolina was just that bad as a whole and Cam got blamed for a lot of things that weren't his fault.) If I have, say, this year's Chiefs, and can pick either Cam or RG3 to try to make a Super Bowl run, I want RG3. He's a much better passer, and that's more likely to produce playoff wins.

Archived