Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Shanahan and the Hall of Fame

TradeTheBeal!

Every day that this goes on, Shanahan loses HoF cred.

Disposed of Plummer.  Ruined Cutler.  Ruined McNabb.  Ruined Beck.  Ruined Grossman.

Ruined Rg3.  He will ruin Cousins, given the chance.

His Hall of Fame chances should be ruined, as well.  I pledge every effort to get the word out, to let the people know, to preach to the faithless, This…Shanny is a fraud, and his election to the HoF would be the most grievous error in its history.

Who's with me?

Yeah

He's a lock

He sucked ass here but two rings is two rings lol

Yeah... Plus all his boys are coming to his defense in the midst of all the drama. That and this place is a coach/player graveyard. No respect. Can't wait to see what the narrative is two-three years frm now when we look back on this era. I hope they make his ass wait for like 20 years. He's probably issed off enough media types to do it. David Elfin still has a HOF vote iirc.

Unfortunately he really is pretty much a lock, regardless of how crappy he was after losing Elway. However, ending his career in this fashion sure won't leave a good taste in the mouths of those who vote on this stuff. I could potentially see him not being first ballot now. 

And I agree...he is a fraud. An extremely overrated coach who probably got more credit than he deserved overall for those SB wins.

Every day that this goes on, Shanahan loses HoF cred.

Disposed of Plummer.  Ruined Cutler.  Ruined McNabb.  Ruined Beck.  Ruined Grossman.

Ruined Rg3.  He will ruin Cousins, given the chance.

His Hall of Fame chances should be ruined, as well.  I pledge every effort to get the word out, to let the people know, to preach to the faithless, This…Shanny is a fraud, and his election to the HoF would be the most grievous error in its history.

Who's with me?

I'm def w/ you on the losing cred part. Not on the Jay Cutler part. The guy went on to sign a big contract w/ another franchise. Mcnabb had nothing left to be ruined. Trading for him was an idiodic move on Shanny the GM, but Shanny the coache(s) didn't erode DMac's football ability. Beck was a discarded first rounder who we were fortunate not to draft.  Grossman is an average journeyman QB who neither improved nor declined under the Shanny's. He maintained a level of high profile suckage from the fumes of his SB, but Shanny didn't ruin him. Shanny didn't tell RG3 to go one on one w/ Gnata by lunging for a career risking 1st down when we still had plenty of time in the game.

At this point, I'd put Tom Coughlin in the HoF before Shanny; only bc TC has done more with less. TC has been nothing but a winning coach, and never a failed GM. Never has he struggled like Shanny here, and he was in Jax for god's sake.

my current dislike for shanny aside, i didnt think he was a lock even before he got here. 

but- hes one of those guys who other football people apparently respect for whatever reason, so that'll factor in, 

of course, i'll take another moment to post his post elway record again (because i get the feeling most people dont realize how ordinary it is), 115-107. missed the playoffs 9 out of 14 seasons, 1-5 record in the playoffs. 

someone correct my numbers if they are wrong. 

mboyd, i agree- the number of QB's hes burned through in that time is pretty astonishing. 

If he retired in the mid 2000s, I'd say a lock. Now, I say 50-50. I do think some judges will hold his later year career performance against him. 1 playoff win in 14 years, 1 winning season in the last 7, etc -- IMO that all puts it in jeopardy. Some of Shanny's biggest fans in the media do not think hes a lock, so am going to run with that, since its the media doing the voting.

of course, i'll take another moment to post his post elway record again (because i get the feeling most people dont realize how ordinary it is), 115-107. missed the playoffs 9 out of 14 seasons, 1-5 record in the playoffs.

someone correct my numbers if they are wrong.

mboyd, i agree- the number of QB's hes burned through in that time is pretty astonishing.

One name man. Gary Kubiak.

His supporters refuse to acknowledge it, but he's done next to nothing before or since Kubiak was his QB coach/ OC.

Gary Kubiak. The man who took Elway over the edge and gave Steve Young his best season.

Gary Kubiak. The man who Mike Shanahan has been lost without.

Hail.

He's a lock, dude.

Having lived in Denver, and talking with lots of Bronco fans there, 99.9% of the fans say it was all Elway. I used to debate them because I actually thought it was Mike S. that put them over the edge. Looking back on it, I still feel that is the right judgement. Elway Had 3 SB losses, then Shanny brought in his ZBS. They go on to win 2 more before Elway retires. If I had to put a number on who was responsible for the SB victories. Elway 70%> Shanny 30%. IMHO

My god, leave the man alone.  There is no reason to defame his character.  He sucked here because he inherited a POS team with a  dysfunctional owner.  Direct your anger elsewhere-this Shanahan bashing it old

No, he sucked here because he sucked here.  Stop making excuses for him.

Regardless, and I'm a Shanny fan, I think that he royally ****ed up his chances after these four years.  If he would've stopped after 2006 then he's in no question.  Now it's a question.

As for the two rings thing, is Tomlin already a lock?  - Nevermind, thought he was there earlier.

Why do people think he's a lock? Tom Flores won 2, and he's not in. Seifert won 2, and he's not in (probably because he sucked with his 2nd team, the Panthers).

Not only did he never win anything without Elway, but he couldn't even win a playoff game WITH ELWAY until Terrell Davis. How friggin hard is it to win a SB with a HOF QB, an 1800 yard rusher, a pro-bowl WR, and Shannon Sharpe at TE? Barry Switzer could've probably won with that roster. I give Shanny credit for finding TD, and signing Stinky, but he's just a better than average coach.

Plummer-revived his career and actually made him a viable QB instead of turnover machine

Cutler-drafted him and made him a star in his rookie year

Mcnabb-already ruined

Beck-never was good enough to be ruined

Grossman-actually played better in games under Shanny than many thought possible

RG3-helped him become ROY

Just because things have gone south this season doesn't mean you can revise what he's done in his career.

still surprised many think hes a lock. 

if i'm looking at him critically, i'd say he inherited a team lead by a QB who was already a HOF'er, who had been to to 3 SB's. won a SB in his 3rd and 4th year as a coach with elway. then, elway retired and he's won one playoff game in 14 years as a HC since then with a record barely over .500. 

doesnt sound so good when you put it like that. 

Archived