Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Proof That Every Country Music Song This Year Was Exactly the Same

Mad Mike

OK. I hope I don't offend anyone but I have never been able to listen to country music. To me it all sounds the same. Not just this year but pretty much all of it. Every once in a while I'll hear someone do something different with either the music, an actual deep thought expressed or something I like but most of it sounds to me like the product of an evil plan to dumb down america. Now I finally have proof.  :P

Not in the sense that they all sound like country-pop songs — that's a given — but in the sense that even the lyrics are carbon copies of each other.

Truck - check. Dirt road - check. Sugar shaker in painted-on jeans - check.

OK. I hope I don't offend anyone but I have never been able to listen to country music. To me it all sounds the same. Not just this year but pretty much all of it. Every once in a while I'll hear someone do something different with either the music, an actual deep thought expressed or something I like but most of it sounds to me like the product of an evil plan to dumb down america. Now I finally have proof.  :P

Pud1f.gif Pud1f.gif Pud1f.gif

You could probably find one or two words from a handful of songs in any genre of music and make a video about that too.

You're probably right, but C&W has gone the way of top 40 lately. It doesn't even sound like country anymore, just one long line of Kenny Chesney clones singing corporate Nashville songs about pick-ups, Uhmerica, and drankin'. As they all dress like Larry the Cable Guy.

See ya later originality...go for the cash.

Probably true. Every rap song is about money and ****es essentially.

I agree which makes it all the funnier when a country music fan blasts rap music or vise versa.

Again, at their very best, both genres can produce some awesome music worthy of being labeled as art. But the majority is just weak.

Oh please! This coming from a guy who loves Bob Seger!

Try and tell me that Bob Seger didn't write this:

I'm a Ford Truck Man

that's all I drive, 

I ain't got got no boundaries

I don't compromise!!!

You KNOW Seger wrote that drivel under his Toby Keith pseudonym.

I agree which makes it all the funnier when a country music fan blasts rap music or vise versa.

Again, at their very best, both genres can produce some awesome music worthy of being labeled as art. But the majority is just weak.

I think the problem is they are both becoming more and more mainstream. When that happens, you see more songs that sound the same. I'm a fan of both genres and both have become more pop sounding than in years past.

it has ALWAYS been this way.

i used to joke that Country Music execs would gather their talent and say "OK, this month you sing about a truck, you sing about bein' an "murican Mailman or Firefighter or trucker or some other 'Murican profession.. you sing the heartbreak song, and you sing the "git wild 'Murican style" song.

Next month we'll switch it up.

the best / worst part of this video is that these clowns are not just using the same themes,, they're using the exact same words.

Lets face it,, a lot of music is about cars and girls. But you have to at least change up the words. Some of the best are the ones that can think of more clever ways to say the same thing.

~Bang

I lol'd at that vid in the OP. 

I'll admit, I put on florida-georgia line radio on pandora at work, and nobody really complains much, just an extra wrinkle to go with Wale, Tinsley Ellis, and Akon to name a few.  Truth is, some of it is really catchy, same can be said about a lot of the cookie cutter nonsense that is mainstream hip-hop right now.

Tinsley Ellis. ;)

Met him at a Chesapeake Bay Blues Festival I was working at.

Shook his hand and I said, "Hey man. Name's Ellis Tinsley. Maybe someday I'll google myself and not find you."

Then it got awkward.

True story.

Every time he comes to perform in Annapolis, my friends and family ask me if I'm performing again. (I used to perform quite a lot on the east coast.) I should just get in touch with the guy and sit in on bass. Get it over with. Lol

I know it's cliche to say stuff like this, but it seems like the further back you go in country music's history, the better it sounds. You listen to guys like Jimmie Rogers and Hank Williams, Sr. and you'll hear music that will break your heart and lift your spirits at the same time. 

To me, true Country Music like the blues, but made predominately by white people, which is not an insult by any stretch. When you consider the lives poor whites in the south lived in the early 20th century, you can bet they had plenty to be blue about.

I love roots country music and the blues because you're hearing people society deems too ignorant to express themselves do just that in a profound way. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoQiZujWKQI

Archived