Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Good Thing About Being Awful Is That It Doesn't Hurt

kleese

Some people seem to think they speak for everyone with their opinions.

Just made me laugh that two people told me to speak for myself.... I just figured that's what I was always doing.... Thread titles would be pretty boring if we had to write "in my opinion" each time.

Frustrating, and I was certainly very into the game.

Once it was over, well I moved on. But before that clock hit 0:00 I wanted it.

Had this been the season opener, or even a game in the first 4 weeks, it would have hurt.

More frustrated by the fact that Dallas is horrible. That is just a bad football team there and they swept us

It's weird, the people that live in DMV seem to loathe the Cowboys fans more than people who live in Cowboy country. I've been around these parts most of my life...living in Texas and OK surrounded by Dallas fans. Some of my friends who moved their for work have adopted them.

A Cowboys fan living in Texas or any of the neighboring states, is not the same as one living their entire lives in the DC area. You don't get much smarter from a football perspective than a person from Texas. They eat, sleep, breathe, and **** not just football, but championship football, from the lowest level to the highest level.

Unfortunately, I don't know any of them. All I know is football retarded, trollish, petty Cowboys fans who hate (and at the same time, care deeply about) the Redskins just as much as Skins fans hate Dallas... Maybe even more (and I'm not joking). The constantly feel the need to remind us of their mediocre team, beating on a team with no arms, as if it's the Super Bowl.

I don't remember any legendary conference championship games. There was no Roger Staubach or Tony Dorsett or Randy White, or even the Triplets (in their prime). I was born in 1988. I moved here in '95. Since then, pretty much both teams have sucked. My sole reason for hating Dallas has about 98% to do with their annoying DMV contingent. If that didn't exist, I honestly probably wouldn't give a damn.

It's weird, the people that live in DMV seem to loathe the Cowboys fans more than people who live in Cowboy country. I've been around these parts most of my life...living in Texas and OK surrounded by Dallas fans. Some of my friends who moved their for work have adopted them.

I find Cowboys fans to be perfectly respectful and reasonable. Most of them laugh at their own team and their own misery. I know several that are almost hoping they don't win the East because they want changes. I'd say I know 50+ truly big Cowboys fans and not ONE sent me a text, email, call yesterday bragging. Not one. They would rather win than lose of course, but there was no gloating. They know we suck and beating us doesn't mean much... and they know that their season is likely going to end in disappointing fashion soon anyway.

You don't live in DC.  case closed

Friday .gif

reading the quote and than moving my eyes down to this .gif, damn, I'm dying here. one of my favorite parts of that movie ... well done Boss. 

I got mind control over Deebo. He be like "shut the **** up." I be quiet. But when he leave, I be talking again

You don't live in DC. case closed

Yes, but which city represents a better sample of Cowboys fans? DMV or Dallas?

I imagine the Boys fans in DC DO hate the skins and are likely pretty obnoxious. But cowboys fans in general are jaded and frustrated just like us.

I wish I could just tune it out like you can Kleese, but I just cant. I hurts and it burns me up inside... especially now that it's come out that Yoko Romo sits to pee may be done for the season, but could still stay in the game long enough to punk Jim Haslett.

On a brighter note I learned from one of you anecdotes and after tried to answer to small talk from the wife, to keep her from getting mad @ ME.

HTTR

Yes, but which city represents a better sample of Cowboys fans? DMV or Dallas?

I imagine the Boys fans in DC DO hate the skins and are likely pretty obnoxious. But cowboys fans in general are jaded and frustrated just like us.

The only reason why i hate the cowboys the most is because of their fans.  I hate the giants the most in the division

It's not just apathy for Redskins fans....i think the entire NFL product is in decline in large part because of rules changes and horrific officiating. I'm starting to feel apathetic towards the entire product. The play in the Steelers game where Ryan Clark had possession after a blocked FG and the refs said he didn't was ludicrous. It's just one example. Helmet to helmet hits, defenseless receivers, hitting QB's too high or too low, horse collar tackles, hands to the face, illegal contact fouls, challenge flags etc...are all adding up to ruin the game. Throw in bad officiating and it's getting hard to watch the NFL at all.....the college games are outdoing the NFL games in my book.

The game meant nothing...so I put it in perspective very easily this time.

The only real problem I had was the fact that I though Dallas was going to score the winning TD from the 1 yard line with about 2 minutes to go only to watch the defense takes it to 4th and goal from the 13 and then blow it..LMAO.......WOW! Seriously??? That Kinda hurt.

Other than that one fact I was pretty much expecting it all along...

It's not just apathy for Redskins fans....i think the entire NFL product is in decline in large part because of rules changes and horrific officiating. I'm starting to feel apathetic towards the entire product. The play in the Steelers game where Ryan Clark had possession after a blocked FG and the refs said he didn't was ludicrous. It's just one example. Helmet to helmet hits, defenseless receivers, hitting QB's too high or too low, horse collar tackles, hands to the face, illegal contact fouls, challenge flags etc...are all adding up to ruin the game. Throw in bad officiating and it's getting hard to watch the NFL at all.....the college games are outdoing the NFL games in my book.

I honestly haven't given two ****s about the rest of the NFL this season. and thats partly to do with it.

I know exactly how the OP feels. I used to get PO'ed when I had some other obligation during the Skins game. Now it's like great I can catch it later on DVR. I'll skip over commercials and all the defensive plays. I notice when plays are slow to come in or we waste time and time outs but ehh. No ups but no downs either. I'm in Zorn's medium land.

Oh, I felt pain this year. Through the Vikings game this was a painful season to be sure. But yesterday didn't hurt and I've already totally forgotten about it.

Pain? The fact that I can still see the ball on the turf at RFK in 1996 after the Niners fumbled the kickoff (we'd just taken a 16-9 lead late) and we failed to get it. I still see it. I still feel it. 17 years later. THAT'S pain.

Yeah, that Vikings game was the last straw for me. Damn they looked so good. I wanted to believe they were back... That they'd changed. Then I got slapped across the face again.

I don't think anything will ever top the Seattle game though. That still haunts me. Ultimate high to ultimate low. Depending on how things go once the Shanahan Era officially ends, I may look back on that 30 years from now, still thinking about what could have been. At least you all got to see this team win SB's, and set records.

I don't think anything will ever top the Seattle game though. That still haunts me. Ultimate high to ultimate low. Depending on how things go once the Shanahan Era officially ends, I may look back on that 30 years from now, still thinking about what could have been. At least you all got to see this team win SB's, and set records.

We were pummeling the Seahawks. Someone here posted a screenshot of the yardage/score/etc. stats that were on the tv screen right before Griffin re-aggravated the knee. I think it was a possession or 2 later, he went down. 

We were crushing them. The whole franchise went into the toilet on one play. At this point it's another reboot and that's just painful.

kleese - you nailed it!  Have that same feeling.  Been stuck on the Redskins since 1967.  First hardcover "chapter book" I read was Larry Brown's I'll Always Get Up.  Never considered giving them up but getting used to the lost seasons.  Its a shame the NFL season is so brief .. 16 games a year and maybe a couple or three playoff games.  Just a little more than 1/3 of each year.  Sucks that we have to wait so long to see if hope will be rewarded.  (I hate Mara and Goodell ... I hope someone finds one of the things that makes them feel good and smashes it to pieces and then pisses all over it.  Rat ****s the two of them).

We were pummeling the Seahawks. Someone here posted a screenshot of the yardage/score/etc. stats that were on the tv screen right before Griffin re-aggravated the knee. I think it was a possession or 2 later, he went down.

We were crushing them. The whole franchise went into the toilet on one play. At this point it's another reboot and that's just painful.

This. That Seahawks game still bugs me and confuses me and it likely always will unless we turn this thing around quickly (which I doubt we will).

When RG threw that second TD pass to put us up 14-0, at that moment I really thought we were legitimately in the SB hunt-- as good of a chance as anyone left to win it. But RG had tweaked his knee one play earlier.

And in that instant.... POOF... We went from a SB caliber team to a 3-12 train wreck. POOF.

This place gets a little less "extreme" everyday.

I, too, am emotionally attached to this team because it helps give me something to look forward to help get from one week to the next. They remind me of home, and I get mad at them because I love 'em and I know they are better then this.

And a lot of cowboys fans in the DMV area are indeed HORRIBLE. Being in Hampton Roads, I'm not mad for being heckled wearing my redskins santa hat; I'm mad I'm constantly the only one wearing redskins anything. This time last year everyone was all in chanting "RG3, RG3". Now it seems most people are all checked out.

This place gets a little less "extreme" everyday.

I, too, am emotionally attached to this team because it helps give me something to look forward to help get from one week to the next. They remind me of home, and I get mad at them because I love 'em and I know they are better then this.

And a lot of cowboys fans in the DMV area are indeed HORRIBLE. Being in Hampton Roads, I'm not mad for being heckled wearing my redskins santa hat; I'm mad I'm constantly the only one wearing redskins anything. This time last year everyone was all in chanting "RG3, RG3". Now it seems most people are all checked out.

I hear you ... I wear my gear, Santa hat included ... sing every work of hail to the Redskins ... but the team needs to give us something to hang our fanaticism on.  This year there's not much.  About the only pro-Redskins thing I have had any success with outside of pro-Redskins circle of friends is boasting that we have the best running back in the league ... they don't all agree with me but they can't shoot that claim down either.

I had the complete opposite experience Big Ed.

Sunday was the most I've been into a game all year. I wanted to win SO badly for London. Second half I was whooping and hollering like a mad man. The folks in the apartment below must of thought murder was being committed as that hasn't been the case most all year. And within that, my deep dislike for Dallas started to resurface too.

Of course I should of known better as they still found a way to rip out my heart and stamp all over it at the end AGAIN.

But I can honestly say I was glued to the screen and into yesterday's game like no other this season.

And, mainly for London it's true, it hurt like a MF at the end.

Hail.

It's unfortunate that London's final game didn't end as it should have...with him blitzing Romo sits to pee right up the middle to force a turnover on downs and (eventually) eliminate the Cowboys from playoff contention. That would have been something worth celebrating!

You must be crazy. It hurts even worst knowing that we won't even get a 1st.

It hurts me too.  But, it doesn't hurt more because we don't get the high pick.  The last time we "earned" a #2 pick, we picked both 2nd and 3rd (Chris Samuels and LaVar), but we still never won anything after that draft. 

We have our QB now and that is much more important than having the 2nd overall pick.  We will be back in the race soon and all this pain will be dulled as we cheer our team into the playoffs in 2014. 

Archived