Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Coaching Thread/Race to Black Monday: 1/6/25

88Comrade2000

• 2 weeks later...
  • 88Comrade2000 changed the title to The Race to Black Monday 2022: 1/10/2022

Training Camps accept for those playing in Hall of Fame game; start on 7/31, I think.  The 2021 Football Season is almost here.   Here's an early look at the hot seat for 2022.

1. Mike Mccarthy- If the Boys don't make the playoffs; he will be gone. His seat is definitely, hot.

2. Mike Zimmer- If the Vikings don't make the playoffs, the Vikings probably pull the plug.  If they can get rid of Kirk, they may do that also.

3. Matt Nagy- He's made the playoffs, twice in the last 3 years but last year he only made it with an 8-8.  No playoffs and the Bears get someone else to coach Justin.

4. Zac Taylor- he really needs show alot of improvement or else the Bengals find someone else to coach Burrow.

5. Vic  Fangio-  He's probably gone, if the Broncos don't make the playoffs.

6. Kliff Klingsburry- Cards needs to make playoffs or else Kyler gets a new head coach.

There should be one more on this list, Raiders Jon Gruden but he has that 10 year contract.  If they don't make the playoffs, time to eat that contract.  The only coaches, I could see fired during the season are Fangio and Klingsburry. 

Edited by Rdskns2000

• 1 month later...

3 weeks until the main regular season starts.  

The 2021 Hot Seat 

1.  Mike Mccarthy-  He never should've been hired.  If the Boys start off bad; he could be fired in season.  No playoffs and Jerry admits his mistake.

2. Matt Nagy-  He's made the playoffs 2 out of his 3 years but he's on the hot seat. Making the playoffs last year at 8-8, is the only reason he got to come back.  The Bears expect playoffs, even if Justin Fields starts most the season.  No playoffs and the Bears will find someone else to be Justin's coach.

3. Vic Fangio-  He needs to make the playoffs in year 3, or he's gone.

4. Zac Taylor- The Bengals needs to show they are heading in the right direction.  Mike Brown doesn't like eat contracts but if the Bengals don't show some promise this year; he may bite bullet and get someone else for Burrow.

5. Kliff Klingsburry- Cards expect playoffs in his third year.  No playoffs, they are moving on. Also, need to move on from their gm.

6. Mike Zimmer- He alternate playoff appearances.  Vikings expect a return to the playoffs. If not, they may finally move on from him.

Jon Gruden should also be on this list, frankly he should be #1.  Thing is, he has that 10 year contract and Davis loves him.  So, another failure this year; probably sees the GM get the boot.

I predicted that Chicago, Denver, Cincinnati and Arizona would ultimately make changes because I have both Dallas and Minnesota making the playoffs.   We'll see what happens.  The only teams where I could see there be an in season firing:  Dallas and Denver.  Both teams would have to start out really bad for that to happen.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Now we know who Dwayne learned his clubbing habits from.

https://www.audacy.com/theteam980/sports/jaguars-owner-calls-urban-meyers-conduct-inexcusable

Things are getting worse and worse for Jaguars coach Urban Meyer with four straight defeats (including a blowout loss to the woefully ill-equipped Texans in Week 1) and a scandal to boot. A three-time college National Champion with Florida and Ohio State, Meyer began Monday’s press conference by addressing a video that went viral over the weekend, acknowledging that he “should have left” instead of posing for pictures with women (including one who appeared to be giving him a lap dance) at a bar in Ohio. Meyer also apologized for being a “distraction” ahead of Jacksonville’s Week 5 matchup with Tennessee.

• Haha 2

Urban Meyer is an example of a guy who really is a great college coach and, more importantly, a fantastic "recruiter." His system is perfect for athletic QBs who don't have the pocket skills of a Tom Brady (even at Michigan.)  Pair that with superior talent in most cases and a likely lack of ethical core and you've got a great coach of young men.

I mean...he was flirting with a good looking college student. Maybe I'm just jealous, but I hardly think that's worth firing him on the spot for. I feel like people are too reactionary and just looking for a controversy.

I still think he'll be a terrible pro coach, but I don't think he should get insta-canned for this.

9 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

I mean...he was flirting with a good looking college student. Maybe I'm just jealous, but I hardly think that's worth firing him on the spot for. I feel like people are too reactionary and just looking for a controversy.

I still think he'll be a terrible pro coach, but I don't think he should get insta-canned for this.

I agree it doesn’t deserve a firing, but he does deserve the backlash he’s getting. The guy HAS A WIFE. Come on......

also didn’t even bother flying back with the team to Jacksonville, and after describing the loss as heartbreaking/devastating or whatever it was, he didn’t look the least bit heartbroken in the video 😂 

one would think if he was heartbroken over the loss, he’d spend at least a bit of time over the off-weekend to start preparing for the titans, instead of hanging with a woman, especially if she isn’t even his wife. it just creates unnecessary drama and attention 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

he didn’t look the least bit heartbroken in the video 😂

Yeah, because she made him feel a lot better! So, that young attractive girl was therapy for Urb. Now, he's head is in the right place and he's ready to get his first W.

You'll see.

• Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, ExoDus84 said:

Yeah, because she made him feel a lot better! So, that young attractive girl was therapy for Urb. Now, he's head is in the right place and he's ready to get his first W.

You'll see.

Oh his head was in the right place alright. Just not the head you’re thinking of ;) 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

In today’s climate you don’t want to be a recognizable figure doing anything seen as unethical. Social media people will destroy you.  They are merciless.  We’ve seen that over the last few years. 

Heck, almost the same thing happened to Gruden! A picture surfaced a couple days before his final game as our coach, of him outside of a bar with some young college girl that didn’t look like Mrs. Gruden, and he looked drunk and had a cigarette or joint (forgot which it was) in hand. 

• Haha 1

He abandoned his team after a loss, saying he want to be with family.

He spent it with a chick instead.

The gave the bs excuse, he needed to clear his head.

The man is over is head. He can’t coach in the nfl and he can’t get away with things, like he may have in college.

Before he completely ruins Trevor; he needs to be given the boot.

• Like 3

I posted this in the Game Day thread, but it's better suited here.

2) Players were particularly put off by the fact that Meyer canceled Monday's team meeting, as he dealt with the uproar over the videos of him and a young woman getting cozy in that Ohio bar. 'He even canceled the team meeting. He was too scared,' a player said.

3) Instead Meyer 'only apologized to position groups individually.' He portrayed the woman in the videos as a random person who was 'just there dancing.' Suffice it to say, his audience was highly skeptical.

4) Said one player: 'We looked at him like, WTF? Right when he left everyone started dying laughing. And he knew it.'

• Like 1

16 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Hilarity ensues.

Bruce Allen's ghost reaching out from the void.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/10/08/report-jon-gruden-used-racial-trope-in-2011-email-regarding-demaurice-smith/

The league reportedly became aware of the email during its investigation of the Washington Football Team. Gruden was communicating with former Washington CEO Bruce Allen, who worked with Gruden in Tampa and Oakland. In 2011, Gruden worked as the main analyst for Monday Night Football.

The WFT investigation resulted in a review of, per the report, more than 650,000 emails. Earlier this week, a summary of that review was presented to Commissioner Roger Goodell. The league said it will be sharing emails regarding Gruden to the Raiders.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

So wait, this is in regards to the them doing the investigation into the culture of abuse at Redskins Park? Why do I feel like Gruden is going to get worse punishment than Dan in the publics eyes.