Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Coaching Thread/Race to Black Monday: 1/6/25

88Comrade2000

I'll admit I don't know jack squat about what would/wouldn't work coaching-wise, or even if it could happen, but I would love to see Rex come be Defensive Coordinator for the Eagles.

Most Skins fans would love to have him as our d coordinator too.  Fans of any team with bad defense probably want him.  And that's his highest and best use.  But he will not be a d coordinator anywhere next season (because he won't agree to do it).  You can bet the mortgage on that one. 

He'll be a head coach somewhere else, or he'll take a year or two off and work for ESPN and decompress a little (while making plenty of $$$), and then someone will give him another shot. 

Edited by Bliz

Rex deserves a head coaching job.  His handicap has been having horrendous GMs who graduated from the Brian Billick school of selecting worthless QBs.  He is not like his father, or a defensive version of Norvo the Clown - somebody who can only succeed as a coordinator and is unsuited to be a HC.  He is the real deal.  How many other guys in the league you think could reach back to back conference championships with Captain Buttfumble at QB?

I wish we can find a way to get him here...

I love strong personality defensive coaches and there is none on the market that can match Rex Ryan in that category right now...

If Snyder is going to be throwing my "money" (all the money I spend on the Redskins that goes into Snyder's pockets) away, I hope he does it on Rex.

I know some woudl say that Rex Ryan is going to bring alot of baggage and drama with him.  I agree but I think Redskins have proved it over and over again for past 15 years that we are just NOT capable to avoid drama/circus in the organization...

If that is the case then mind as well have the media circus with some actual talented people that can for most part backup their hype... I believe Rex Ryan is one of them!

Why do people think Ryan brings baggage and drama? He doesn't.  

I live in NJ, and am surrounded by Jets fans and see Ryan on TV, and he's masterful at DEFUSING drama.  Ryan has stood firmly and publicly behind losers like Dirty Sanchez and SeeNo Smith.  He stood up publicly for Woody Johnson even though he knew he was going to get fired.  Idzik put together a lamentable roster, but Rex never complained about it.  And his players LOVE him.

Edited by Riggo-toni
  • Like 1

I live in NJ, and am surrounded by Jets fans and see Ryan on TV, and he's masterful at DEFUSING drama. Ryan has stood firmly and publicly behind losers like Dirty Sanchez and SeeNo Smith. He stood up publicly for Woody Johnson even though he knew he was going to get fired. Idzik put together a lamentable roster, but Rex never complained about it. And his players LOVE him.

Because most fans are to stupid to think for themselves or form their own opinions instead of letting BSPN do it for them. They just regurgitate garbage they hear on TV.

I live in NJ, and am surrounded by Jets fans and see Ryan on TV, and he's masterful at DEFUSING drama.  Ryan has stood firmly and publicly behind losers like Dirty Sanchez and SeeNo Smith.  He stood up publicly for Woody Johnson even though he knew he was going to get fired.  Idzik put together a lamentable roster, but Rex never complained about it.  And his players LOVE him.

Yeah but as you described above... There HAS been drama around the Jets during Rex Ryan's tenure there.  Now you can question was it all Ryan's fault or not but one thing I am sure about is that there will be alot of drama/media circus surrounding the Redskins with Rex Ryan's hire if it does happen. 

Because most fans are to stupid to think for themselves or form their own opinions instead of letting BSPN do it for them. They just regurgitate garbage they hear on TV.

I think some fans would be naive to think that bringing Rex Ryan on board to the Redskins (if it happens) would not bring alot of drama/media circus around this team...

I think despite all this that Rex Ryan is worth it but it is highly unlikely that Rex Ryan's hire would "defuse" anything here in DC... Its just how this fan base and the media market works...

Dude, Kyle never met a QB he could get along with except Rex.  Honestly, it seems like the guy has made enemies with just about EVERY QB he's ever worked with, at least here in DC.  

Mike had a good relationship with his QBs when he was actually coaching them (Elway, Young), but as a HC here, he likely didn't want to step on his son's toes, so he just stayed out of the way.  Obviously it didn't work.

I didn't like Kyle when he was here, and I think he's going to have problems maintaining a job anywhere in the future.

He just can't seem to let the QB be the star or something.

Kyle is getting out before Johnny Football falls on his face next season. He doesn't want to be blamed for another high profile young QB failing.

I agree.  I actually don't think it's a bad move, because neither of their QBs are anything good, and Manziel is just a less talented (and smaller) Vince Young, IMO.  Young didn't start out with bar room brawls and beating up club owners, he was just a guy that wanted to party.  

Manziel's running headfirst down the same slippery slope.  Hopefully, at some point, the young man pulls his head out of his *** and figures out he's ruining one of the greatest opportunities in his life with his lack of focus on football.

Is this Kyle Shanahan is an a-hole and no one can get along with him, or the Browns being the Browns?

I'm not sure who has it worse anymore, Browns fans or Redskins fans. Earlier this season I was finally going to say that the Browns were turning it around, but a few months later and I'm not sure anymore.

Is this Kyle Shanahan is an a-hole and no one can get along with him, or the Browns being the Browns?

I'm not sure who has it worse anymore, Browns fans or Redskins fans. Earlier this season I was finally going to say that the Browns were turning it around, but a few months later and I'm not sure anymore.

kyle shanahan probably left the browns cause he knows something about his dads future that we dont know yet.

I wonder if I should put Dallas on this list?  Techically, Garrett doesn't have a contract for 2015; so he's a free agent. 

well, they're in the playoffs right now so i doubt they're really too concerned about getting him a contract. Jerruh will probably give him a shiny new contract when their seasons over (hopefully after the weekend)