Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Coaching Thread/Race to Black Monday: 1/6/25

88Comrade2000

CBSSports.com: NFL coach hot seat rankings: Adam Gase leads pack of potential firings, Anthony Lynn joins the list  

I pretty much agree with their assessment for the 5 remaining coaches on the hot seat.  Still, you never know about Mike Mccarthy and Dallas.  Will Jerry suck it up and admit a mistake or will just blame the season on losing Dak?

Also, Doug Pederson really should be on the hot seat also.  The Eagles really haven't done much since winning that superbowl and Carson Wentz is flirting with being a bust.

Edited by Rdskns2000

I didn't particularly like the hiring of Taylor, but I think it's early to fire him after his 1st overall QB's rookie season. They seemed competitive in most of their games with Burrow, I'd give him at least another year to see if the team can gel.

• Like 1

On 12/4/2020 at 12:51 PM, NickyJ said:

I didn't particularly like the hiring of Taylor, but I think it's early to fire him after his 1st overall QB's rookie season. They seemed competitive in most of their games with Burrow, I'd give him at least another year to see if the team can gel.

I don't think I would let go of the Bengals coach or the Chargers coach yet.

Not if their QBs continue to develop nicely.

Especially considering the offseason they had to deal with this year.

On 12/4/2020 at 11:10 AM, Rdskns2000 said:

Mike Brown is notoriously slow in firing coaches but could he change his mind and fire Zach Taylor after the season?  

Brown doesn't like paying out coaching salaries so Taylor will probably survive.  I remember early 90's when Bruce Coslet was their coach and they were awful.  Coslet finally quit to get out of that misery because Brown wouldn't fire him.  

When GGase hired Greg in 2019, I was 95% sure that Gase would be leaving the team before GGreg.

Since there's no chance of the playoffs for Jets, I am 100% sure this is the ownes taking out the last viable alternative to Gase so they can ride that tank into 2021 without any turbulence.

On 12/7/2020 at 4:49 PM, Rdskns2000 said:

Boomer Esiason says the Jets could possibly lure Bill Cowher out of retirement.  Bill can work with the current GM.  Would be a good move, if they can make it happen.  Trevor would definitely not refuse to play for the Jets then. 

Bill Cowher last coached during the Bush administration.  Granted, it was the second Bush administration, but that was a really long time ago now.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Dick Vermiel did it. Hell, Joe Gibbs did it with us.

For some reason, it feels like like Cowher has been out longer.  He has been out longer than Gibbs. Vermeil was out 15 years.  

It's not common.  It took Gibbs a year to really figure things out.  It took Vermeil 2 years.  His team was on the verge of mutiny in 1998 before he turned things around and then they went on to have "the greatest show on turf"