Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Coaching Thread/Race to Black Monday: 1/6/25

88Comrade2000

Now the report is that Coughlin is withdrawing from the Eagles head coaching search.

http://www.csnmidatlantic.com/redskinsblog/report-tom-coughlin-withdraws-eagles-heacd-coaching-search

Who's next...?

Well, darn...was hoping that would cause drama between the Eagles and Giants for next season :(

Kaep has a lot of tattoos. I'm not sure it will work out. :lol:

Kaepernicks in a gang, gotta cut him....

Now the report is that Coughlin is withdrawing from the Eagles head coaching search.

http://www.csnmidatlantic.com/redskinsblog/report-tom-coughlin-withdraws-eagles-heacd-coaching-search

Who's next...?

Never had a chance. He's 70 & they're in shambles.

Great landing spot for him. They have no black superstars left to cut, so it's like half the work is already done.

Do they even have anyone left to cut? :P
  • Like 1

if he's as good as people say he is, then he wont have a tough time turning their team around. teams cant stay bad forever, they have to have a winning season at some point. i'm pulling for them next season.

Being a fan of this team should have taught you otherwise. Theres a reason why dysfuctional teams at the management/ownershio position don't win.

Doesn't matter who the coach is

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 1

Being a fan of this team should have taught you otherwise. Theres a reason why dysfuctional teams at the management/ownershio position don't win.

Doesn't matter who the coach is

We were able to become good under Gruden though, right? I mean, so far. If a team like the redskins can do that under Snyder, who has been a horrible owner, the Browns can do that with hue Jackson as coach.

We were able to become good under Gruden though, right? I mean, so far. If a team like the redskins can do that under Snyder, who has been a horrible owner, the Browns can do that with hue Jackson as coach.

Horrible owners don't hire good gm's, which means that Snyder has learned, and apart from giving Shanahan full power, he really hasn't been horrible since the Zorn years. There is a good power structure in place here. There isn't in Cleveland, where they haven't had a coach for more than 2 years. It is impossible to do anything when there is that much turnover. And I doubt theyve hired a gm yet.

They. Are. A. Mess.

• Like 1

A perfect marriage between San Fran and Chip.

The 49ers have a GM that Chip trusts and has worked with -- Chip won't be picking and cutting players. He'll be a coach, doing what he does best.

He has the QB who is a near-ideal fit, who can be better than Vick was in that 2013 offense. A QB who can run, withstand punishment, and can throw deep. Chip's system makes it easy on a QB with simple reads. Perfect for Kaepernick.

And ingredients in place for a good defense.

They won't be investing resources in a tear-down -- this could be a pretty quick turnaround. Could be the difference between 2012 and 2013 Eagles... Best division in football. NFC got better today.

ESPN reporting Kansas City OC Doug Pederson will coach the Eagles

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14571877/philadelphia-eagles-expected-hire-kansas-city-chiefs-offensive-coordinator-doug-pederson-head-coach

Perhaps the Eagles wish to borrow his 1996 Packers super bowl ring for the empty trophy case?

Why not? It is about as close as they will get to one. :)

• Like 1

I encourage everyone to go find EDP445's video on Doug Pederson.

Please note: ALL THE WARNINGS.

I'm not kidding.

At one point he lifts up his shirt up and exposes his manboob when talking about Chip Kelly.  So again, ALL THE WARNINGS.

But it was so great anyway.

A perfect marriage between San Fran and Chip.

The 49ers have a GM that Chip trusts and has worked with -- Chip won't be picking and cutting players. He'll be a coach, doing what he does best.

He has the QB who is a near-ideal fit, who can be better than Vick was in that 2013 offense. A QB who can run, withstand punishment, and can throw deep. Chip's system makes it easy on a QB with simple reads. Perfect for Kaepernick.

And ingredients in place for a good defense.

They won't be investing resources in a tear-down -- this could be a pretty quick turnaround. Could be the difference between 2012 and 2013 Eagles... Best division in football. NFC got better today.

This is all fine and good, if you accept the premise that the only thing stopping Chip Kelly in Philly was the lack of a decent QB that could run.

I don't accept that premise.

SF's defense, already significantly declined from a few years back, will certainly get worse under Kelly due to his hurry up offense.

On offense, he still doesn't have elite playmakers, though maybe he can somewhat reinvigorate Kaep's career.

He's also going to have to play 6 games per year against Seattle, Arizona, and LA. That's one pretty good defense and two elite defenses. Quick 3 and outs against those teams are a recipe for disaster, and that's exactly what I think this hire will be for SF.

Overall, SF will certainly put up some pretty numbers in terms of YPG and probably points, and maybe they win a couple more regular season games than they did in 2015. But I would bet big money that Chip never takes them to the playoffs with that team, in that division. He missed the boat on all the good college jobs this year... Maybe he starts looking for those earlier next year (or the year after).

The Chip Kelly experiment will once again fail.

I encourage everyone to go find EDP445's video on Doug Pederson.

Please note: ALL THE WARNINGS.

Hahaha that was a wonderful fan rant. He ran out of breath a few times getting all that frustration out. Like you said, definitely "all the warnings"

I thought he should have ended up in Miami. It made too much sense.

He's 70, he'd fit perfectly in southern Florida. The franchise has talent but obviously has lacked leadership for years, Coughlin is credible and proven. He could have, at the very least, provided the owner and front office with a qualified opinion on what's wrong and how to fix it given a few years. Plus, if anyone in the league knows how to win with a pass rush and a QB that's simply not as good as people would like to believe he is, it's Coughlin.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

This is going to be an interesting marriage. 

On one hand you have Jed York, the 35 year old owner born on third base; then on the other hand you have Chip Kelly who doesn't get along with anyone. 

Didn't York fire Harbaugh because they clashed? Man I can't wait for this clown show. 

I thought almost the same thing. Will be fun to watch.

Kaep has a lot of tattoos. I'm not sure it will work out. :lol:

Will work him out of town I guess then :P

Great landing spot for him.  They have no black superstars left to cut, so it's like half the work is already done.

I was looking at their rosters. They still have Navorro Bowman you know. But they're a freaking young team.

Do they even have anyone left to cut? :P

I would suggest Scott to trade RG3 for Shayne Skov, Jaquiski Tartt and Eli Harold. That sounds fair. Maybe add a 6th or 7th if Kelly wants. Should do it.