Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Coaching Thread/Race to Black Monday: 1/6/25

88Comrade2000

I live in LA and follow the Rams almost as closely as I follow the Skins.

Wade likes to do things his way and only his way. When it works, it works. But when it gets gashed, he doesn't adjust and you could tell it killed Boy Wonder.

I don't get Joe Barry, but I love McVay. You can tell he's going to do whatever it wakes to keep learning and getting better. At this point in his life, Wade ain't changing. 

man, the panthers owner keeps his rep as a big wall street closer alive

they go ahead and just grab ruhle who has other meetings scheduled and everyone was saying the giants had their eyes hard on him, plus the panthers were going to interview josh mcdaniels later today but they made their move here on ruhle...big deal

2 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

So, Jason Garrett to the giants now? 😂😂😂

I'd love it but judging by the NY media and a sample of the NY fan base on twitter -- if they attempt to hire Garrett the Fassel stuff that happened here would be nothing in comparison.    Gettleman though does seem to take pride to go against the grain and ignore the masses so I guess you never know.  It's not that I think front offices should listen to their fan bases but the Giants are in a weird spot considering they've arguably just came off of hiring two bad head coaches in a row. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Wait....so they have to ask permission....to interview a coach.....who has been let go? 

Da **** sense does that make 😂😂😂 

also, if you want a good laugh, read the comments in that tweet 😂😂😂😂😂 pure gold. Giants fans saying “brb gonna go die” and other nfc east fans being like “PLEASE HIRE HIM!!!” 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Why?

Neither Andy Reid nor John Harbaugh were coordinators before they became head coaches, and they are now regarded as two of the best in the game. 

You just can't tell yet. 

We got stuck with Zorn because no one would come here. Doesn't seem like there's been a huge interest in the Giants job. 

Head Coach Openings 

1. Browns

Your New 2020 Coaches 

1. Redskins- Hire Ron Rivera

2. Cowboys- Hire Mike McCarthy

3. Panthers- Hire Matt Rhule

4. Giants- Hire Joe Judge

Coaches jobs saved for 2020 Hot Seat 

1. Falcons- Quinn coming back, on 2020 Hot seat

2. Lions- Patricia coming back, on 2020 Hot seat

3. Jets- Gase coming back, on 2020 Hot seat

4. Jaguars- Marone coming back, on 2020 Hot Seat

If Josh McDaniels wants a job now, he only has the Browns as an option.  This firing-hiring cycle is almost done. 

34 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Darn. So no Garrett then? 

Anyone know now much about Joe judge? Could he help out the giants? 

I've been listening to the talk about him on NFL shows.   He's described as a smart guy, working to get his PHD, coaches multiple position spots in NE, worked for Belichick and Saban.  So in theory the dude doesn't seem like a joke like a Zorn.  I guess will see. 

21 hours ago, profusion said:

Thing is, literally every single year of McCarthy's tenure in GB included a first-ballot hall-of-famer at QB. Despite that, he only made it to the Super Bowl once.

Doesn't mean he's a bad coach, but he's probably not the best choice to get the Cowboys to the SB.

Can also be said of Payton with Breese. 

Though Payton is a legit offensive genius, I’m starting to wonder about him as a HC.  If you have the guy who leads the nfl in every major statistical category, I’d argue they have under achieved.  

16 hours ago, bh32 said:

Mccarthy  coached in a cup cake divison his whole time in GB..He is so overrated it's not even funny..Atleast Rivera coached against two legit teams twice a year in Atlanta and New Orleans.

The NFC Wast is currently a cupcake division.  

16 hours ago, Monk4thaHALL said:

I was convinced he was going to be in cleveland. 

Well, then you were wrong. :P 

16 hours ago, Califan007 said:

So Wade Phillips might be replaced by.....Joe Barry? Seriously? lol 😂..

McVay channeling his inner Kay, trying to get himself fired. I didn’t think he would be that stupid.   

As I said when Jay hired Barry, this has better work because if it doesn’t, it’s a durable offense.  Even for McVay. 

41 minutes ago, ShredSkins said:

Does this feel like Zorn to any one else? 

Zorn didn’t work with Bilichick.

The counter is Bill’s assistants haven’t done well as HCs. 

Reid’s have all done much better. 

26 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

This firing-hiring cycle is almost done. 

230198F8-2998-4463-9CA7-E142B9D2E9A0.gif.95138de40031b23266bd261f3cc11a79.gif

3 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Can also be said of Payton with Breese. 

Though Payton is a legit offensive genius, I’m starting to wonder about him as a HC.  If you have the guy who leads the nfl in every major statistical category, I’d argue they have under achieved.  

I think that is a legitimate criticism of Payton. For years, he focused on buying talent to put around Brees while neglecting the defense, even though it's obvious that defense is what gets you through the playoffs.

The Saints' SB win was fueled by an opportunistic defense, and that should have clued in Payton.