3. Giants

Your New 2020 Coaches 

1. Redskins- Hire Ron Rivera

Coaches jobs saved for 2020 Hot Seat 

1. Falcons- Quinn coming back, on 2020 Hot seat

2. Lions- Patricia coming back, on 2020 Hot seat

3. Jets- Gase coming back, on 2020 Hot seat

4. Jaguars- Marone coming back, on 2020 Hot Seat

The coaching carousel is almost done for this cycle, since so many coaches got a reprieve. The 2020 Hot Seat is already bubbling though.  Still waiting word on what happens in Dallas. Jerry meeting with Garrett for a second time today. Should know later today if his puppet comes back for more. 

If there's another opening this year besides Dallas; it will be one of these two:

1.  Los Angeles Chargers-  The owner decides he needs a big name coach, to excite the fans in their new stadium.  Also, Tom Brady could finish his career here.

2. Vikings- If the Vikings lose to the Saints as expected, the owner may decide to move on. 

Edited by Rdskns2000

I think Jason Garrett becomes Dallas' GM. No real evidence of it, it's just a strange feeling I have, Jerry Jones simply cannot part with that man. As the GM of the Cowboys he can sort of be a puppet for Jerry. 

They have already had two meetings, I'm thinking instead of getting fired he gets promoted. He should have been fired already but hasn't been so I think they're working on something to keep him in the organization. Still kind of a win for Dallas unfortunately because he no longer will coach, but this way Jerry doesn't fire one of his closest friends. The situation is weird as hell honestly. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

I think Jason Garrett becomes Dallas' GM. No real evidence of it, it's just a strange feeling I have, Jerry Jones simply cannot part with that man. As the GM of the Cowboys he can sort of be a puppet for Jerry. 

They have already had two meetings, I'm thinking instead of getting fired he gets promoted. He should have been fired already but hasn't been so I think they're working on something to keep him in the organization. Still kind of a win for Dallas unfortunately because he no longer will coach, but this way Jerry doesn't fire one of his closest friends. The situation is weird as hell honestly. 

Interesting but would puppet GM Jason have any power or will be like Doug?

17 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Interesting but would puppet GM Jason have any power or will be like Doug?

From what I've read Jason Garrett isn't that bad of a talent evaluator, he's just a very uninspiring coach. 

I think his opinion would be respected but he would still have to go through JJ on everything. So really nothing changes for Dallas FO wise. It would probably be very similar to Doug imo. There's no way he gets canned and kicked to the streets, he's staying in that organization in some capacity. 

2 hours ago, profusion said:

I'd almost say that Garrett must have something embarrassing on Jerry, except that Jerry is probably incapable of feeling embarrassment.

Who would Jerry get if the former head coach, is the GM in name at least?

I see another puppet hire.  

Keep on eye with what happens with Mike Zimmer in Minnesota. If he gets fired next week, after Kirk gets destroyed in the playoff game; he could become the Boys next coach.  Zimmer was there from 1994 to 2006.

Edited by Rdskns2000
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

I was thinking OC with someone else taking over as coach. Sounds like something JJ would do just to keep his guy around and probably still pay him as the HC lol.

10 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Who would Jerry get if the former head coach, is the GM in name at least?

I see another puppet hire.  

Keep on eye with what happens with Mike Zimmer in Minnesota. If he gets fired next week, after Kirk gets destroyed in the playoff game; he could become the Boys next coach.  Zimmer was there from 1994 to 2006.

No way Zimmer gets fired, especially when they're going to the playoffs. He's joined at the hip with Kirk. I can't imagine them getting a new coach with one year left on Kirk's contract. They want playoffs, and a new coach won't be able to get that in 1 year before they have to reevaluate the entire roster and decide whether to try to keep Kirk.

• Like 1

Talk about a **** show.  Dallas still hasn't officially let go of Jason Garrett but they have interviewed Marvin Lewis and set to interview Mike Mccarthy. 

NY still has idiot Gettleman, which should scare away some candidates from the Giants.

Feel even more comfortable with the Rivera hire.

2 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Talk about a **** show.  Dallas still hasn't officially let go of Jason Garrett but they have interviewed Marvin Lewis and set to interview Mike Mccarthy. 

I’m guessing they are just going to let contract expire?  Maybe there is some benefit in the contract for letting it run out?  Or some kind of legal benefit?  Only thing I can think of.

3 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I’m guessing they are just going to let contract expire?  Maybe there is some benefit in the contract for letting it run out?  Or some kind of legal benefit?  Only thing I can think of.

Ho, Jerry is an idiot.  I think Jerry wants to keep Jason in the organisation.  Jason is making the case to stay as coach but probably still wants to coach, if not in Dallas.  Also, I think Jerry wants someone still coaching in the playoffs.   Jerry may make an offer to Minnesota for Zimmer; if they don't fire him.  He still may try to pry away Sean Payton. After all, if Brees doesn't come back the Saints are the same team; even if they go with Bridgewater.

2020 is going to be crucial for alot of coaches and I'm not just talking about the 4 coaches who got a second chance.

Edited by Rdskns2000