Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Coaching Thread/Race to Black Monday: 1/6/25

88Comrade2000

45 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

That sounds like a hot mess.  Would you trust McCarthy with another HC gig elsewhere?  What about OC/Playcaller?  Outside looking it looks like ya'lls front office picked Rodgers over McCarthy even though Rodgers was starting to become more insubordinate as the losing got worse.  But you would know probably better then the rest of us.

I don't know what drama may or may not have unfolded.  I read a number of reports about a rift between them, but nothing I'd seen actually play out publicly.  As for McCarthy as Head Coach, I suspect he'll have a few options next year.

• Like 1

Gase was always fools' gold. A strong, complete HC makes him look good. On his own, he's rather pedestrian. Marvin is a good guy, a class act and a damn good coach. The Bengals are just a bad organization; not in the way that we're a bad organization (I'd rather work for Brown than Snyder). Gruden might have a shot in Cincy.....draft pick(s) to the Skins for Gruden? No way they roll with Hue.

1 hour ago, skinzplay said:

Gase was always fools' gold. A strong, complete HC makes him look good. On his own, he's rather pedestrian. Marvin is a good guy, a class act and a damn good coach. The Bengals are just a bad organization; not in the way that we're a bad organization (I'd rather work for Brown than Snyder). Gruden might have a shot in Cincy.....draft pick(s) to the Skins for Gruden? No way they roll with Hue.

Marvin had Vontaze Burfict and Pacman Jones on his roster, and was fine with them at every turn. After turning a blind eye to them for the sake of winning, they still didn't actually win anything. I have no respect for Marvin.

• Like 1

The coaching pool is so slim. Skins would have been at the bottom of the list for desirable openings — might have ended up with Hue Jackson .

Gruden should chase Vance Joseph for DC — did a good job with that defense in Denver. 

Edited by Hooper

On 12/30/2018 at 9:14 PM, Riggo-toni said:

Todd Bowles has been fired. Here come Dan and Brucifer too coerce Gruden to hire him and fire Manusky.

That would be the best decision Bruce and Dan have made in forever.  Bowles can’t coach defense.

There are some good DC candidates out there, and even some good OC candidates as well if Gruden is willing to adapt.

There were zero coaching but changes last year after a 7-9 season.  After a second 7-9 season there needs to be somebody changes.