Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Coaching Thread/Race to Black Monday: 1/6/25

88Comrade2000

I heard that the Rams are going to keep Fisher though for some unknown reason.

This will be his fourth straight season without a winning record.  Add in all those draft picks for Griffin and it is mind-boggling how he could keep his job.  But then the Rams' ownership doesn't seem to care about winning.  The Rams haven't had a winning record since 2003 (12 years straight).

I think the Eagles would want what the Raiders got for Gruden and no coach is worth that.

Titans are better off not trying to trade for Kelly.

I will accept their 2nd & 4th round picks, and one of their starting OG.  If they don't buy that...then one of their OGs and a couple of free tickets to a show in Nashville.  If that still doesn't fly, free U-Haul rental from PHI-TEN (one way).

I will accept their 2nd & 4th round picks, and one of their starting OG.  If they don't buy that...then one of their OGs and a couple of free tickets to a show in Nashville.  If that still doesn't fly, free U-Haul rental from PHI-TEN (one way).

Titans can get Chip Kelly now if they want him.  Not surprised of the change, just surprised of the timing.

Lurie just couldn't wait to get rid of him.

Does seem a little strange to make the change with one game left to play, guess Lurie wasn't to thrilled with what he heard with Chip's plans for next season and bit the bullet now. Lot of ex eagles rejoicing tonight I'd expect.

Not really, given that they are out of the playoffs and can start talking to coaches earlier than most other teams that will have vacancies.  My hope is they bring in a honest-to-goodness GM who is in charge of the hiring process, but I don't have a lot of faith in that.  Seems like it's going to be Smolenski, Roseman and Lurie doing the interviews.

Tomsula gone in SF. He's not a good coach but its not like the 49ers had talent. Its funny to me how often teams scapegoat coaches when they have crappy rosters.

Going 5-11 with the likes of Kaepernick and Gabbert at QB is respectable to be honest.

According to this I don't see how Chip is hired already by the Browns:  http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000613876/article/coaching-tracker-whos-been-fired-whos-on-hot-seat

The Browns' first three interviews this week will be with Bears offensive coordinator Adam Gase, Jaguars offensive line coach Doug Marrone and Lions defensive coordinator Teryl Austin, NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported, per a source.