Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Coaching Thread/Race to Black Monday: 1/6/25

88Comrade2000

Week 7:Hot List 

Going into Week 7, we already have an opening with Matt Ruhle being fired in Carolina.

Arizona- Kliff Klingsbury- They gave him an extension in the offseason but they may just eat that since he sucks. Sean Payton in 23??

Houston- Lovie Smith might be one and done. Now that they got rid of bad influence Jack Esterby, Houston may just reset in 23 with the third coaching change in 3 years. They have draft picks to get that franchise QB to start over.  Perfect time for a new coach.

Denver- Nathaniel Hackett is clearly over his head.  After giving all that money to Wilson, after trading for him; things aren't working out.  The new owners didn't hire him.  He's likely one and done. 

Washington- Does Danny boy give Ron the boot? Or does Ron stay, especially since Dan will likely be battling the nfl to keep his franchise next offseason?

Indianapolis- Colts are 3-2-1. They have to make the playoffs or else Frank Reich is gone.

Detroit- Dan Campbell .  Detroit has an offense this year but they don't have a defense.  If Detroit has another poor record did they move on or give Dan more time?

Maybe you see a retirement in Seattle but they are playing well under Geno; so maybe the retirement is on hold. 

Dallas depends on how far they go in the playoffs. They have to make it and go far into the playoffs or goodbye Mike.

I am not sure Sean Payton comes out of retirement next year.  

Carolina- #1 pick is strong possibility.  Sean can draft his QB.  His new boss would be on his third coach in 6 years.

Arizona- Is coaching Kyler Murray worth it?

Denver- Is coaching Russell Wilson worth it?  Does Russ have anything left or his struggles this year is just a mismatch with his current coach?

Unless the Dallas job opens up, I think Sean may just sit out 2023.

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder how much he had to pay Saturday to take the job.

They tried to hire him a couple times over the years and he never took the job as Ol coach.

Now all of a sudden he's cool with coming in mid season, knowing absolutely nothing about how anything on the team works. He had to have received some serious embarrassment pay because this should be comical. 

17 hours ago, skinzplay said:

Reich wasn't an effective HC. His ceiling, quite frankly, is QB Coach, nothing higher. Irsay wisely cut bait and gained an advantage, time-wise, on other teams that will likely be looking for a new FO and coaching staff for 2023.

I dont know, a .547 winning percentage with 7 mostly middling starting QBs seems pretty effective to me.

As week head into week 10, already seen 2 coaches fired. Who else is on the hot seat now.

Houston - Lovie Smith likely only hired because of Brian Flores scandal. Houston really wanted Josh Mcnown. They likely will hire their 4th coach in 4 years as they rebuild. Lovie will be one and done.

Denver- Nathaniel Hackett is a bust. After giving Russ the money; Denver has 3 wins. He’s next guy to be fired in season. Current owners didn’t hire him.

Las Vegas- probably the most disappointing team in the afc. Does Marc Davis eat it and fire another former Patriot after one season. Josh McDaniel really has sucked.

Browns- Kevin Stefanski doing poorly without Deshawn but that isn’t their only problem. Will the Browns want to pair someone else with Deshawn in 23. Probably depends how Browns do when Deshawn returns.

Washington- With pending ownership change, Ron’s future in question.

Detroit - Only 2 wins. Dan Campbell might not get a year 3.

New Orleans- Dennis Allen maybe one and done. Major disappointment.

Arizona- They give Kliff an extension. Will they eat it? They need someone else.

Dallas- If they don’t go far in the playoffs; Jerry dumping Mike for Sean.

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Nathaniel Hackett should be the next coach to get the ax. Talk about a big time bust.

I normally think blaming coaching/playcalling is a copout but not with the Broncos. They are legitimately terribly coached. Hackett is one of the worst I've seen in years. Dude makes Scott Turner look like Bill Walsh.