Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Coaching Thread/Race to Black Monday: 1/6/25

88Comrade2000

22 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

I doubt the Giants get any kind of penalty.   They followed the Rooney Rule protocol.  

Ross on the other hand, paying a coach to lose games.   I don't know what proof Flores has, bc if there is any beyond he said he said, that would be massive.  I would think automatic lifetime ban.  That's way worse than Pete Rose, at least he was betting on his own team to win.

Also kinda strange he included the broncos bc elway was hungover.  

Maybe if there is evidence of additional payments?...

4 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

The best part of Ross offering him 100k to tank is Flores won the last 5 games to finish the season.  The ultimate GTFOH.

Remember we played them that year?  Down seven, they score a TD.  But then went for two and three a weak screen be hind the LOS that didn’t go anywhere?

Him winning that many games with that roster is an accomplishment.

2 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Remember we played them that year?  Down seven, they score a TD.  But then went for two and three a weak screen be hind the LOS that didn’t go anywhere?

Him winning that many games with that roster is an accomplishment.

Ah yes, I do.  But that was October, I doubt the owner started the tanking deal that early.  And I was wrong, they didn't win their last 5, just their last 2.  Yes that team was awful!  Flores is a good coach, I feel like his teams overachieved.  I was surprised he was fired, safe to say there was more going on behind the scenes.  

3 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

Ah yes, I do.  But that was October, I doubt the owner started the tanking deal that early.  And I was wrong, they didn't win their last 5, just their last 2.  Yes that team was awful!  Flores is a good coach, I feel like his teams overachieved.  I was surprised he was fired, safe to say there was more going on behind the scenes.  

They were talking about Tank for Tua from the preseason.  When that game happened, I thought that 2 pt call came from up top.

30 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

If Rodgers walks, that becomes the worst division in football.  The bears and lions may have some enticing odds to win the division.

NFC South is pretty weak as it stands.  Outside of NFC West, conference is pretty weak, especially if AR goes to Denver.

I'm with Brian Flores, there's no way to join he'll ever get a HC job after this, but playing the game doesn't seem to work for minority coaches, and I'm all for flipping the board over and hope other coaches join him to fight back. 

Don't leave him hanging after putting his career on the line for so many like him.

Flores' 2019 interview with Denver was right after they had made decision to hire for previous two years: Vance Joseph.  Is it really his position that Denver must hire consecutive black coaches or they're racist? 

How is Miami racist if they hired him but fired him because a lot of people thought he was a price, including the current high draft pick minority QB?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, No Nonsense said:

I don’t know why this isn’t a big scandal. You have an owner trying to give a lot of money to his coach to throw games. Isn’t the integrity of the game at stake? 

If a player was found out to be throwing games the sports media would explode with rage.  An owner doing it is worse.  Now there’s news that the browns owner was doing the same thing.  

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

48 minutes ago, Destino said:

If a player was found out to be throwing games the sports media would explode with rage.  An owner doing it is worse.  Now there’s news that the browns owner was doing the same thing.  

Kick the Browns and Dolphins owners out. Add Dan and make it a triple shot.

• Like 1

I wonder which came first?

Best I can say for KOC is that his resume isn't that much shorter than Matt LaFleur's was. But maaaaaaaaaaan, half a season shackled to Callahan and 2 seasons holding McVay's clipboard, I wouldn't want to be the one to test him.

On 2/1/2022 at 4:33 PM, KillBill26 said:

Ah yes, I do.  But that was October, I doubt the owner started the tanking deal that early. 

If you're winless, don't have an answer at QB, are losing by an average of 34 points per game, and are about to play another winless team, thoughts of tanking in October makes all the sense in the world.

• Like 1