Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

washington.cbslocal.com - Theismann Doesn’t Think Shanahan Should be Fired

Mad Mike

I really don't care at this point if Shanny stays or goes, I just want this franchise to run without gossipers and insiders and leakers and players who are above the betterment of the team.

The Redskins organization should start by distancing themselves from the Extremeskins which is drama central directly linked to the Official team page.

I agree with Joey T, a new coach, a new system and another complete rebuild in four years.

Why do the people that support Shanahan think the new coach has to re-invent the wheel?

We have the building blocks in place, do we not? Bookend LT, Franchise and Backup QB, Garcon... I think any new coach would be thrilled to start a team around them. Defense and teams, that is just simple GM work. A simple system can compensate for lack of top tier personnel on defense.

Look no further from our own division to see a new coach can turn a team around over night, if the core is there.

Do not buy Shanahans sales pitch it takes 5 years to be a winner in the year Chip Kelly embarrassed him twice, and could have embarrassed Mike much worse had he wanted to.

Joe led the Redskins to our first Super Bowl win in 1982. He was QB for 12 years.  Later he had a wicked hit by Lawrence Taylor that pretty much ended his career.  You who disrespect Joe can not be a true Redskin fan.

So because a guy had a long, successful career here he's above anything and can spout as much absurd, homer filled bunkum as he wants that regularly gets him mocked on a National level?

Sorry for not adhering to that notion and thinking Theismann post player is an absolute clown who I have little to no time for. 

If that makes me 'not a true Redskin fan' then colour me as such,. 

Hail. 

We were a joke before he came here.

What are they now?

Zorn's worse finish was 4-12. He had a .375 win percentage in two years.

Shanahan is at .393 in almost four. They've lost 37 times in four years.....that's 9.25 losses a season even if they win out.

Why does Shanahan get to be right on both sides of the argument with you people?

We suck, pathetically so in all three phases...."Well, it's RG3 who sucks, it's Snyder meddling again."

We're semi-competent, winning solely off the atheticism and magic of RG3...."Well, it's Shanahan's genius obviously."

Even if he had kept his ******* mouth shut and not poisoned this team and **** all over the fanbase this would have been a fireable offense of a season. Top to bottom this HEALTHY team has been an absolute disaster REGARDLESS of expectations.

The one ******* issue he had to solve was Griff's injury and he knew that question was coming on the test since January. Guess what? He ****** that one up too.

He cuts off his nose to spite his face, we know from Fat Albert and McNabb, but now he's willing to do this even to the franchise proper. He can get away with it against has-beens but against a second year player who rehabbed an ACL in one offseason? He's not a disciplinarian he's embittered, vindictive, small and senile. I think of Shanahan like a jigsaw puzzle covered in ****.

Name one thing Shanahan has done outside of getting Griff and Kerrigan (fish in a barrel)? One thing.

The one thing he could hurt this team with was his legacy and he's doing it. You continue to defend him while he undermines the credibility of the team you hold dear. He's playing games in the press way worse than the imagined ones you pin on Griff every ******* day, dragging the reputation of the franchise through the mud at the expense of his Redskins legacy which you UNBELIEVABLY continue to defend.

He's the worst coach in 30 years. Worst coach I've ever seen as a fan.

Archived