Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

HTTR24-7.com; A Week of KC Ranting About How He Hates Mike Shanahan

KCClybun

I always thought I wrote better when I was angry. Mike Shanahan has helped me prove it. Have a few hours to kill? Need some light bathroom reading? Here's a recap of all the things I've ranted about this week.

Mike Shanahan's Brilliant Last Act; Making Everyone Forget He Sucked

A Brief(Ish) Rant: Mike Shanahan Using Robert Griffin III as a Bargaining Chip

"My Way" Mike Shanahan Misses Point About Developing Young Quarterbacks

How NOT To Build a Competent NFL Coaching Staff, the Mike Shanahan Way

Shanahan's Failure To Build Offensive Line Dooms RGIII's Sophomore Season

I think I'm done ranting about Mike for now. Until Sunday when something else happens that pisses me off.

I blame KC for this season's unravelling.  Right after the Vikings debacle, he posted this one......and the team hasn't been the same since:

http://httr24-7.com/blog/at-3-6-once-more-its-hard-to-think-mike-shanahan-will-be-here-in-2014/

KC, when did your opinion on Mike change?  I believe it was around early November when the rumors of the Snyder/RG3 vs the Shanahans tension started to pick up steam.  Also, what do you think Shanny's motivation was for the leak last Sunday? You think he's pissed because he hasn't been offered an extension, or do you think he found out Snyder has been kicking the tires on other coaches?  Saw you think Jay Gruden would be a good fit......lets roll with it!

Great collection.  Your post on the coaching staff was excellent, you dug in.

I guess I'm not sure why people were turned off by the emotional aspect, there's so much content there and this is NOT sociopolitical stuff (where it can inflame the controversy into something deeply personal for anyone reading) that I do not understand why someone would fail to really give this a fair reading IF they were interested in learning something and re-thinking their biases or presumptions about this coaching situation.

The coaching staff situation may be the part where Shanahan is MOST guilty, as I think a quality DC hire years ago, along with a decent ST replacement for Smith, could have alleviated a good half of our pain during his tenure.

I know I'm in the minority, but I think Shanahan can fix it all this offseason.

i don't know he'll have the chance, but I also don't see it as so hopeless.. i know we've had a terrible season, RG3 has played badly.. but with some cap space to play with a serviceable right tackle (or just a live one.. one that can stand.. one legged if need be.)an inside linebacker to let Fletch retire (2 years too long, but he's been a good soldier.)and some meat and potatoes guys to compete for backup and special teams jobs and things will get better. I don't know we can go right back to 10-6, but honestly, in a season of REALLY bad, you really can point to a few positions that if upgraded would have given us a fighting chance to not be THIS bad.

~Bang

I blame KC for this season's unravelling.  Right after the Vikings debacle, he posted this one......and the team hasn't been the same since:

http://httr24-7.com/blog/at-3-6-once-more-its-hard-to-think-mike-shanahan-will-be-here-in-2014/

KC, when did your opinion on Mike change?  I believe it was around early November when the rumors of the Snyder/RG3 vs the Shanahans tension started to pick up steam.  Also, what do you think Shanny's motivation was for the leak last Sunday? You think he's pissed because he hasn't been offered an extension, or do you think he found out Snyder has been kicking the tires on other coaches?  Saw you think Jay Gruden would be a good fit......lets roll with it!

I think 3-6 started to do it. And then the team just seemed to come out flat every week, and that annoyed me. I got really pissed after the Giants game when Mike just seemed so unbothered by the loss, and making excuses, and refusing to be accountable.Then Sunday happened and I officially was just done. I've defended him a lot, but I couldn't come with a reasonable defense anymore. Like I said, I feel like I was duped.

I think Mike wants to get fired and walk away with $7 million. I think he wants to deflect criticism from himself, because that's what he does. This Sunday was the first time he ever said "I need to do a better job preparing these guys" in four seasons. He then proceeded to chuck a number of players under the bus on Monday and once again deflect blame a criticism. He lacks accountability...eh, I wrote it all already, lol.

But yeah, I think he basically wants to walk with a cool 7 mil while deflecting blame onto Dan and RGIII for his failures. Especially Dan, because Mike's smart enough to know people will latch onto the narrative about him being meddlesome and chummy with players and ride it all the way to hell, no matter how untrue it's been these last four years.

i don't know he'll have the chance, but I also don't see it as so hopeless.. i know we've had a terrible season, RG3 has played badly.. but with some cap space to play with a serviceable right tackle (or just a live one.. one that can stand.. one legged if need be.)an inside linebacker to let Fletch retire (2 years too long, but he's been a good soldier.)and some meat and potatoes guys to compete for backup and special teams jobs and things will get better. I don't know we can go right back to 10-6, but honestly, in a season of REALLY bad, you really can point to a few positions that if upgraded would have given us a fighting chance to not be THIS bad.

~Bang

I just have no faith that Mike could do that. 

If Mike came back, he'd come back without an extension...I hope. So basically, you have a lame duck coach with a boatload of cap space, desperate to win. That's a dangerous situation, especially given Mike's really, REALLY shaky history of personnel acquisition.

I think we're closer to needing to blow it all up again then we are to winning the division. You could make an argument all four linemen not named Trent Williams need to be replaced, you needed to find at least two receivers, now Jordan's a question mark, Fred's gone, Logan's average, and most of the defense needs to get overhauled.

You're more optimistic than me Bang, that's for sure.

I've been on the fence regarding Shanahan for a while. Lots of problems with the team that he is in charge of. Yet he's had to make do with a lot of situations (lockout, Cap penalty, loss of picks, franchise qb missing a crucial offseason, etc,).

What sways me toward wanting a change is that I'm questioning letting him blow through that cap money in a lame duck season. Might as well start afresh and let the new guy have the benefit of the cap space, young franchise QB and other pieces.

This will be Snyder's most important hire yet.

Always a breath of fresh rave KC, love the work

At this point, it just seems that the opportunities afforded w/ cap space next year weigh heavily in favor of giving a new guy a lot to work with, but what do I know?

I'd like to see TheDan hire a staff of mimes so at least I don't have to suffer through anything anybody said

KC we often quibble over details and I enjoyed our discussions because more often then not it was over Xs and Os, real tangible events.

I'm glad you are vocal on the subject along with GHH on the whole Mike Shanahan error.

HTTR

And I see you're interested in the same HC candidates I am. I wrote about Jay Gruden. Gonna work on Bevell tomorrow, cuz lord knows I'm not going to watch the Redskins play...

KC we often quibble over details and I enjoyed our discussions because more often then not it was over Xs and Os, real tangible events.

I'm glad you are vocal on the subject along with GHH on the whole Mike Shanahan error.

HTTR

Careful Greenie. Much more of that and you'll be pegged as one of my groupies/ sympathisers/ fan boys/ whatever the mentally lacking deem the term of the day at the time. Then we'll have to be friends. You'll try give me a Campbell jersey to cement it. Word will get out on the ES rumour mill about what I did to said jersey. You'll hear, get pissed, turn into your former warrior self and anarchy will reign again.

Nothing good ever comes of agreeing with me. (C. The ES divvys.). 

Hail.  

And I see you're interested in the same HC candidates I am. I wrote about Jay Gruden. Gonna work on Bevell tomorrow, cuz lord knows I'm not going to watch the Redskins play...

i try not to get mixed up arguing over the current team because of the shanahans huge cloud of S hovering over it.

but lol, i would bet money you're still gonna watch though. i say the same thing and i still watch

You should post more would love some good convo on the team going forward but offense and coaches

btw-everyone hates most of my candidates so i figure i'm on the right track

had a go round over Jay and Carmichael

Careful Greenie. Much more of that and you'll be pegged as one of my groupies/ sympathisers/ fan boys/ whatever the mentally lacking deem the term of the day at the time. Then we'll have to be friends. You'll try give me a Campbell jersey to cement it. Word will get out on the ES rumour mill about what I did to said jersey. You'll hear, get pissed, turn into your former warrior self and anarchy will reign again.

Nothing good ever comes of agreeing with me. (C. The ES divvys.). 

Hail.  

Ah, the littles some of them are so lost in Shanahan's lies they can't see straight

if its any solace you know that if Jason could stay health he would give me ammo to spout off and we'd be fighting again

Archived