Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Go Army, Beat Navy!

AsburySkinsFan

People actually watch this game? Haha

Yeah, you mean there are people who actually have a connection to either branch of service or one of the academies? Pfft, what idiots! Can't believe someone would want to watch a football game that represents an annual competitive tradition among people that serve their country.

What was the film I was watching the other week with the Zoro guy who's darn name escapes me? A real young Maureen O'Hara was in it too. All about an Irish immigrant who landed at West Point and stayed his entire life to the point of being buried there and helped build up the athletic dept/ football team. Marty someone. 

LOL. I need to look this up as I'm getting vaguer and vaguer but itt was a real god bio. Contained the game that had the first ever forward pass when Notre Dame spanked Navy's behind by surprising them with it which was an interesting history lesson for me. 'Darn stinking cheating Irish' LOL. 

Bottom line, I really enjoyed it,. Go Army! That is all. 

Hail. 

When was the last time we beat Navy, cant even remember......our guys are just too skinny ...got to meet that body fat requirements that the navy guys seem to skip....lol

If the applicant exceeds the weight shown on the above charts, they are measured for body fat. Body-fat standards for each of the services are:

Army: (Accession standards)

• Male 17-30 - 24%
  • Male 21-27 - 26%
  • Male 28-39 - 28%
  • Male 40+ - 30%
  • Female 17-30 - 30%
  • Female 21-27 - 32%
  • Female 28-39 - 34%
  • Female 40 + - 36%

Air Force: (Accession Standards)

• Male 17-29 - 20%
  • Male 30 + - 24%
  • Female 17-29 - 28%
  • Female 30 + - 32%

Navy: (Accession Standards)

• Male - 23%
  • Female - 34%

Marine Corps: (Accession and Regular Standards)

• Male - 18%
  • Females - 26%

If the applicant exceeds the weight shown on the above charts, they are measured for body fat. Body-fat standards for each of the services are:

Army: (Accession standards)

• Male 17-30 - 24%
  • Male 21-27 - 26%
  • Male 28-39 - 28%
  • Male 40+ - 30%
  • Female 17-30 - 30%
  • Female 21-27 - 32%
  • Female 28-39 - 34%
  • Female 40 + - 36%

Air Force: (Accession Standards)

• Male 17-29 - 20%
  • Male 30 + - 24%
  • Female 17-29 - 28%
  • Female 30 + - 32%

Navy: (Accession Standards)

• Male - 23%
  • Female - 34%

Marine Corps: (Accession and Regular Standards)

• Male - 18%
  • Females - 26%

For the army once you get in the standard tightens up. Haven't looked at how much new soldiers have in order to meet the tighter fat limits but for example a 40+ year veteran soldier has to meet 26% not the accession 30%. I believe the cadets have to meet the active standards as well (After that initial entry period). 

For the army once you get in the standard tightens up. Haven't looked at how much new soldiers have in order to meet the tighter fat limits but for example a 40+ year veteran soldier has to meet 26% not the accession 30%.

You are correct. The army has an ascending scale based on age, starting at, I believe 22% for ages. 17 to 20 and going up a couple of percentage points for every few years up to 28 or 30% at the top end.

Tha navy uses a flat bmi of either 22 or 24%.

The Marine Corps uses a flat bmi of 18% regardless of age.

My college roommate used to always talk about how when his little sister started dating he'd have to beat up her first boyfriend just for good measure.  Then she ended up going to West Point and is on the cross country team there.  Her first-ever boyfriend was a linebacker on the Army football team.  I haven't bothered to ask him if he's gotten around to beating up her boyfriend.

My college roommate used to always talk about how when his little sister started dating he'd have to beat up her first boyfriend just for good measure.  Then she ended up going to West Point and is on the cross country team there.  Her first-ever boyfriend was a linebacker on the Army football team.  I haven't bothered to ask him if he's gotten around to beating up her boyfriend.

I grew up next to a girl who who had three older brothers. She was six years younger than the youngest of the brothers. All three were high school football players and played some small college ball. And they were all very protective as you can imagine, saying the same kind of thing.

It was funny when her first Homecoming date turned out to be a guy who eventually started a few years in the Big Ten at power forward. He did not get beat up by over-protective brothers.

Archived