Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Czaban on the Skins

hail2skins

Oh well, you can always take it all the way up to say it's always the boss' fault.

I can agree with that, but I'm still having a hard time to blame him when your players:

- Can't tackle.

- Drop passes.

- Outthrows is receivers

- Hold on to the ball too long

- Don't know how to block on special teams

- Don't show they care that much.

Even the best, brightest coach, well, sometimes I think that you could even put Yoda as the HC, they wouldn't be able to turn donkeys info HoFers.

I can hear that it's his fault, to an extend, sure he's not alone in the boat.

Oh well, you can always take it all the way up to say it's always the boss' fault.

I can agree with that, but I'm still having a hard time to blame him when your players:

- Can't tackle.

- Drop passes.

- Outthrows is receivers

- Hold on to the ball too long

- Don't know how to block on special teams

- Don't show they care that much.

Even the best, brightest coach, well, sometimes I think that you could even put Yoda as the HC, they wouldn't be able to turn donkeys info HoFers.

I can hear that it's his fault, to an extend, sure he's not alone in the boat.

Its also the coaches job to make sure players are motivated, play hard and are prepared. If players aren't trying hard, then the effort is also the coaches fault because then he should be holding those players accountable and benching them, regardless if they're better than their backups. Hence, it still is the coaches fault, because would Bill Belichick play a guy who is half assing it? If the answer is no, then you have the reason the coaching staff isn't doing as good a job as they could be.

Its also the coaches job to make sure players are motivated, play hard and are prepared. If players aren't trying hard, then the effort is also the coaches fault because then he should be holding those players accountable and benching them, regardless if they're better than their backups. Hence, it still is the coaches fault, because would Bill Belichick play a guy who is half assing it? If the answer is no, then you have the reason the coaching staff isn't doing as good a job as they could be.

Sure it's their job to do it, but as I stated, even the best coaches would do crap with a crappy team. You can deal with a guy that is half assing. But with 20 or 30 guys giving a crap, what can you do? Nothing.

A student failure is not always the teacher's failure if the student doesn't care and doesn't work hard. You can teach whatever you want, if the guy in front doesn't wan't or can't understand what you're trying to teach him, you can try for ten years he'll never learn, just because he doesn't wan't to.

Some people just never learn, no matter how hard you try to teach them.

Anyway, one thing's for sure, no owner has ever fired a whole team because they suck, we always fire the coach because it's the easiest thing to do, and you wait for the new coach to clean house.

Wildbunny, this coached picked the players in question. He also hired the position coaches to teach said players. That puts the onus on the Head Coach and his hand picked staff. I'm not absolving the players for their poor play but it's multiple occasions where they clearly weren't put in a position to succeed. Let's take Ryan Kerrigan for example. He was put in coverage on LeSean McCoy during the Eagles game and Anquan Boldin in the 49ers game. He was setup to fail before the ball was even snapped.

He's negative when the Redskins suck and negative when they're good.  I don't think he's really a Redskins fan

Nope he's not ... he a fan of the Czabe. 

I would bet my nuts that 9 times out of 10 he would rather be proved right over seeing the Skins succeed.

(EDIT:: Actually read the article ... pretty spot on. I like Czabe, he just pisses me off sometimes!)  

Its weird for me during the beginning of Shanny's tenure, I was all in -- and liked Sheehan's ultra positive view of Shanny as opposed to Czaben who was negative about that regime from the get go.   Now, I've done a 180, and dig listening to Czaben on this.  He and Danny Rouhier from 106.7 I think are the most negative on Shanny and for that matter hilarious when it comes to skewering Shanny right now.

Czabe is one of the best sports radio guys out there. He is actually a realist that tells you how he feels, he is like a lot of REAL fans that while we love our team we do not follow blindly when something makes zero sense to us.

If he sees something that makes no sense to him he calls it/ them out. Just because he can be negative at times ( I listen to his entire show everyday and have herd him be very positive) he is still a fans, yes people it is possible to be critical of something you also love, in fact if you are not passionate and or get mad when things are not going well, and just follow along blindly then I question how much of a fan you are. it is ok not to accept mediocrity and demand excellence especially from a sports franchise that consumes a lot of my personal time and money.

So long story short Czabe is awesome...and right about this issue.

Look at Tom Coughlin and the Giants.  They seem to perennially suck in the first half of the season. But somehow he keeps the team together and motivated, and they proceed to right the ship and make a run for the playoffs.  Kinda like last year's Redskins, but Coughlin and the Giants do it year in and year out.

Look at Tom Coughlin and the Giants.  They seem to perennially suck in the first half of the season. But somehow he keeps the team together and motivated, and they proceed to right the ship and make a run for the playoffs.  Kinda like last year's Redskins, but Coughlin and the Giants do it year in and year out.

Incredible misconception.

Aside from this season's disaster, this is what the Giants posted in the first half of all of Coughlin's nine seasons prior with the Giants:

Two 5-3 seasons

Six 6-2 seasons

One 7-1 season

You know what being above .500 in the first half of the season means?  It allows that, if you do have a bit of a mid-season swoon, that you have a chance to recover and make it into the dance, or at least mostly still playing a relevant game in the last two weeks of the season.

Everyone talks about the runs that Gibbs had during the playoff years of 2005 and 2007, but we actually started 5-3 both of those years.

Since Zorn's first season where we totally tanked, I think we've mostly been 3-5 at the break.

That kind of start practically forces you to just about run the table in the second half, which is really difficult to do in this league.

Incredible misconception.

Aside from this season's disaster, this is what the Giants posted in the first half of all of Coughlin's nine seasons prior with the Giants:

Two 5-3 seasons

Six 6-2 seasons

One 7-1 season

Get out of here with your facts.  

Maybe it's the mid-season swoons I'm remembering...   Be a pal and go check those numbers.

I completely agree with him in regards to the 5 year rebuild bull****. Look around the league. New coaches, new QB's new systems and winning in year one!

Of course there are those of you on here that still believe that it takes "time" to turn things around. Bull****. It just takes the right people. The NFL has the most level playing field in pro sports. Everybody operates under the same rules and same cap space.

He's negative when the Redskins suck and negative when they're good.  I don't think he's really a Redskins fan

He says things that are not necessarily what he believes, but what will get a reaction or buzz and keep him employed. Some stuff is obvious off the wall, but it gets him attention.

I completely agree with him in regards to the 5 year rebuild bull****. Look around the league. New coaches, new QB's new systems and winning in year one!

Of course there are those of you on here that still believe that it takes "time" to turn things around. Bull****. It just takes the right people. The NFL has the most level playing field in pro sports. Everybody operates under the same rules and same cap space.

If a coach comes in with a 5 year plan, he's working the owner for the contract.  

Mostly agree, but as to the last sentence, the Redskins have 36 million reasons to disagree with you.

Hell, Harbaugh has been in SF for 2 full seasons, on his 3rd now. He's taken the team from a laughingstock to the NFC Championship Game, the Super Bowl, and likely another playoff berth this season. And he pretty much did it without having to bring in all his guys. Sure he added Kap, but they got to the NFCCG the year before with Smith.

Archived