Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

In Support of... A silver linings thread for the 2013 Redskins

Burgold

This season has been a tear down one.  A series of frustrations, disappointments, agonies, and what the hells.  However, before we sink into a sea of despair that is completely inescapable let's count... perhaps on one hand... the good things. Those we should be supporting and remembering who wear our beloved colors.

This thread is in support of Alfred Morris who's toughness and drive and determination never flags.

It's in support of Amerson, who's carving out a fine rookie season, this thread is even in support of RGIII who killed himself in an effort to come back by day one and who has been driven to succeed even if the results haven't been great.  This thread is in support of Huly and Pez who never fail to support the team or their fellow Tailgaters at Fed Ex Field.  This thread is in support of you because you are still here after dealing with everything we've had to deal with.

This thread is in support of Garcon and Kerrigan and Fletcher who still give everything they have on the field.

Hail to the Redskins... in good times and the worst times.

Garcon, Morris, Reed, Orakpo, Kerrigan, Amerson, all rock solid positives from this year. 

I have Garcon in all my fantasy leagues and I got **** on for drafting/trading for him when the season started, but he's been a beast for me until recently. 

As sexy as all the other threads, conversations, rumors, and conjecture on this board are currently, this thread is important too!

We're about to go through a regime change yet we have a franchise QB, LT and pass rushers, all young (as is our roster in general compared to recent history) .  We are in good shape cap wise instead of up against it, and we're getting out coached in all 3 phases so our off season regime change can make a big turn around quickly.    Never mind silver linings thread, for some of the young 'uns this is as good as it's ever been   :)

I'd like to add Reed who has been a play maker when healthy, hopefully that was partly due to the rehab with Griffin getting some chemistry.  Might work with a WR or two as Griffin plays with the scout team kids this last few weeks. EDIT: He will enjoy this last 3 weeks playing behind a better OL at least.  I'll take the step down from Williams to Compton for not having the other 4 that come with Trent.

And D.Hall has had a good year in all the mess, as has Orakpo.

We have some really good players and character guys on this team...all they need are decent coaches.  If I've learned anything from watching football over the years, it's this: a team is never as good as it seems or as bad as it seems.  Everything generally reverts to the mean.  We've had a lousy season, no question.  But, I think with the right coaching staff, we will see marked improvement next year.  I really don't think it can get worse than this season (knocking on wood).  I think this is rock bottom.

Jordan Reed has been a wonderful surprise.

For me, the greatest silver lining would be if this FINALLY convinces Snyder to hire a legit genuine GM, let that GM hire the next coach, and return to the power structure of our glory years. It took being stung by Zornets to rid us of Cerrato. Maybe the horror of Sham I Am will end the inherently dysfunctional power structure that has plagued the post-Beathard era....I can dream can't I?

Hail to all of the ones who gave their all in spite of all the crap that's been thrown around lately!!

Hail to all of us who have stood by and watched w/woeful eyes at the debacle that is the 2013 season

and still hung in there...hail to all us that changed the channel b/c we couldn't stand to see what

our beloved team has become...Hail to everyone that puts this team high on their lists of "to do's"

hail to those of us that have been here year after year and say .."there's always next year" year after year!!

I love this team...we will overcome...hopefully it's in my lifetime!!! if not I will watch from my cloud above

and lead the cheer from on high! HTTR!!! In this life & beyond!!!!

We also have gotten much younger as a team.  I like our LBs and our front 7 for the most part.  I just think Hasslet is a horrible DC.  If we get lucky with Thomas and Rambo (horrible game last week btw) and this year Minnifield comes due then we have a legit chance to bounce back very quickly with the type of cap  money we have.

I've watched every moment of this terrible season and will continue to do so, no matter how bad we look.  I know there is a nice core of players that play like they WANT to play here.  To the rest of them, be gone and good riddance.  Heres to hoping that somehow, someway, we DO get a nice regime in charge that actually knows what it takes to make a franchise succesful. HTTR!!

This season has been a tear down one.  A series of frustrations, disappointments, agonies, and what the hells.  However, before we sink into a sea of despair that is completely inescapable let's count... perhaps on one hand... the good things. 

The Cowboys just may not make it to the playoffs after the season... although it IS fun watching them go 1 and out. And they'll still be stuck with Jerruh as their GM.

I really don't want any Redskin records being broke in this "type" of season... Jay Schroeder's 4,109 passing yds will remain in tact... I like Garcon, but him hitting 107 receptions taking down Monk's 106 in "this" season doesn't seem right... but it is what it is...

RG3

Alfred

Garcon

Reed

I like this bunch... 

HTTR

The only silver lining I can think of at the moment is this;

" It just can't get any worse, so its all uphill from here".

I'm gonna keep telling myself that, just like that damn fish in Nemo,' just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimmin' swimmin'swimmin'...

Damn, I forgot; Nemo spelled backwards is 'omen', so **** it...

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully the biggest silver lining is Bruce and Danny hiring a real GM for the first time since Casserly.

After that is:

Jordan Reed. Kid may be a top 3 TE next year.

Amerson is looking better and better each game

Rambo is looking a lot better than his first couple games

Orakpo has really stepped his game up this season after working the rust off.

As he's not really been mentioned yet .....

To our QB, who had a decent season in spite of it all when he was helped out.

Hang in there 10. Good teachers are on their way to develop you into the all-pro your limitless talent deserves.

Hail.

Hey, I including him in the OP :)

Archived