Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lavar on the John Thompson show

jbooma

lavar has taken some punishment last year and this one when he blitzes. that's just how the game goes. the thing is when he blitzes, he does get alot of attention and i have no idea where the other lineman are. its like they all try to go where lavar is and it allows 2 guys to block four people.

anyone else couldn't believe that david terrell got a pick? didn't it look like a blown coverage too?

*Anybody that has anything to say about Lavar isn't a real Redskins Fan!!!!!!!!!!*

I don't think anybody questions Lavar's heart, it's his judgment that's an issue. You just can't make dumb hits late and out-of-bounds game after game after game. You can't go chase the QB with the game on the line and give up 25-yard dumpoffs to the running back. And you can't just rely on your physical gifts at the expense of learning the techniques of your craft.

It won't matter how talented Lavar is, how hard he plays, or how miserable he is after losing, if he continues to do those things.

Originally posted by luckydevi

Man Lavar really seemed like he was crying. He was brutally honest, rather refreshing if you ask me.

I am really starting to miss Marvin Lewis.

Interesting that you should bring up Lewis. Doc said, this morning on the “Monday Morning Quarterback” show that Lewis concentrated more on discipline and maintaining your assignment, and the players hated it. Now they have Edwards allowing them to have more freedom, and they not nearly as good.

On another note, did anyone notice the success of the 3-4 for the one series they ran it? Maybe we need to take the clown off WW and give him a “Nostradamus ” avatar.

;)

Originally posted by Phat Hog

Interesting that you should bring up Lewis. Doc said, this morning on the “Monday Morning Quarterback” show that Lewis concentrated more on discipline and maintaining your assignment, and the players hated it. Now they have Edwards allowing them to have more freedom, and they not nearly as good.

On another note, did anyone notice the success of the 3-4 for the one series they ran it? Maybe we need to take the clown off WW and give him a “Nostradamus ” avatar.

;)

I've noticed all season that Edwards will do something different and, even if it works, we rarely see it again. For instance, besides the aforementioned point about the 3-4 setup, there was a play when Armsetad came on a delayed blitz completely unblocked. Why does Edwards shy away from repeating plays and schemes that seem to be having some success?

All of you people are saying that Lavar's talk needs to finally translate onto something on the field. Well I hate to tell you but it is translating on the field. Yeah guys i saw where Lavar got knocked on his ass yesterday, but did anyone else notice that when he lined up on the D Line that we got pressure whether it was from him or not??? They were shifting the protection schemes to his side. Did you see the move he put on the guy a few plays before, he did his quick studder step and got the guy off balance then just destroyed him pushing him back into Bledsoe, he got several pressures yesterday.

And more, for those who dont think he's translating his talk onto the field. You all point out that penalty, but he was going so fast I dont know how he could have stopped in time, that kind of stuff happens to every player, they just cant stop, its not stupid, its just impossible to stop. So stop bringing that **** up, they arent stupid penalties he's getting they are unfortunate ones.

Maybe you all should take a look at what he's doing instead of looking at the bad plays.

Lavar Arrington now has 4 forced fumbles this season, most in the NFL. Thats 4 turnover's hes caused this year, but why dont we bring that up, becuase the rest of the team cant recover the FUMBLES!!!! They havent gotten one of his forced fumbles. Yesterday he made a great play on one, and it popped right to Bobby Shaw! What do you want him to do!!!!!!!! He also recovered a fumble yesterday!!!

Get off this guys back he is a hero. You all critisize everything but you leave Lavar out of this. If you heard the man on the radio and you still dont think he's trying then your a joke. If you dont think he's playing well your a joke. He's made a few mistakes, but more often than not he's coming through, but the rest of the guys arent.

Lavar is ****ing AMAZING! Anyone who thinks otherwise is just stupid. He is one of the best players and people in the game. You wanna get on somebody get on Champ Bailey who's asking for 18 million dollar SB while giving up at least 1 TD every game!

Originally posted by Skins26

Lavar is ****ing AMAZING! Anyone who thinks otherwise is just stupid.

Skins26 You're the stupid one. If you can't see that Levar consistently over runs plays, or collects stupid penalties you're blind. Don't let the tears blur your perception.

He'd have about 5 or 6 sacks already if he hadn't been overrunning QB's in the pocket trying to deliver a huge hit. He want's to make spectacular plays, but he doesn't care enough about making the intelligent solid play. Teams know that they can bait him into anything. If you look at game tapes enough you'll see that he often plays the bull, with the red flag being pulled from in front of him. I've like Levar since Penn State, but I had to stop defending him because I see that he probably isn't even one of the top five LB's in the league right now. If you're supposed leader has no discipline, and ****es when a coach (M. Lewis) who has been creating successful defenses around the league for years tries to instill discipline, what is the rest of the team supposed to think. Do they have to abide by their assignments? Levar doesn't, so why should I?

If you think Levar isn't about the money and Champ is, wait until his contract is up, we'll see then.

Oh yeah, Levar, instead of worrying about who's skipping through your stretching line, how about stopping people from skipping around in the end zone. It makes much more sense that way.

i've heard enough about "guys" aren't doing this or that. i want to hear some NAMES!

I'll give you some: Trotter, Bailey, Bowen, Upshaw, Wynn...

The only guys I see that are fired up on D are Arrington and Armstead.

Smith plays up the act, but I think he's more of a cancer than anything. Get your 2 sacks and get out of dodge.

Gotta backup ljer on Bowen. He's getting burned on a consistent basis.

And where the hell has Iffy been? Franz seems to be in for every critical situation.

I wouldn't be surprised to find out that Upshaw is getting paid off by the mob. He's done nothing but hurt the team thusfar.

It's a crying friggin shame when shear embarrasment can bring a 260 pound monster to tears in front of the fans! The chaos and discombobulation of the Redskins of recent years is not helping Lavar's career any. Put some decent tackles in front of him, teach him a solid system, and he's one of the best in the league.

Originally posted by OrangeSkin

I wouldn't be surprised to find out that Upshaw is getting paid off by the mob. He's done nothing but hurt the team thusfar.

Speaking of getting paid off by the mob, I'm quite sure that play yesterday by Dockery was the first time I've ever seen an offensive lineman literally SWAT the ball out of his own quarterback's hands. The fact that we allow that guy to go out there and make catastrophic mistake after catastrophic mistake, week after week, shows us all we need to know about the difference between Steve Spurrier and Bill Parcells.

rellim,

Oh yeah, im stupid.

Actually I do look at the game tapes. And i cound, um 1 sack he could have had that he overran!!!!!! What are you watching!

Your the one being fooled, if we had recovered the 4 fumbles he's forced we would probably have won 2 more of those games. And he'd be a hero, you wouldnt be talking about all this, you would be praising him for making gamebreaking plays, and saving 2 games. But see, we didnt recover those forced fumbles, and it wasnt his fault that we didnt, we just didnt, therefore those werent game changing plays! But they could have been if the rest of the team could have recovered them. He can only do so much.

He also stopped the Bucs for getting into the endzone, then the rest of the defense screwed it up. I have a great idea though, from now on everything that happens to us, every mistake we have, lets blame it on Lavar, because im sure its always his fault! He's made 2 personel fouls that even "the great Ray Lewis" makes, when your running so hard after a guy he jumps out of bounds and you cant stop! Yeah those arent stupid, they are unaviodable when you are hustling that much. Lavar has probably the most pressures on our team, the most tackles, and of course the most forced fumbles in the league. But all your doing is picking out the bad plays.

With Marvin, yes he ****ed, but then what did he do??? Realized what he had to do. Sucked it up and ended up with 11 sacks last year! But of course all you saw was the ****ing part. Because you want to be miserable and look for the bad in everything. Well go right ahead. But dont say Lavar isnt one of the top 5 LB's in the league, because while he will occasionaly make an undisciplined play, like they all do, he makes more amazing plays that no other LB can make.

Im sorry that this is the only guy on our team who cares this much about winning, and im sorry that you still have to shoot him down by nit picking everything he does and trying to make him a perfect player, which nobody will ever be. He is a top 3 LB! And you are the one being stupid about this. But this is obviously one of the only defensive players giving absolutely everything he's got to win, and your just shooting him down. Its fans like you that we need LESS of, the guys that just sit there at games, analyzing everything instead of cheering.

I really have nothing left to say, except for the fact that its sad, its sad to me that you and others have to shoot down one of the best defensive players in the game, who would give everything to win. You pick a few plays a game that you think he could have done better on, and you then develope this completely bull**** opinion of him. You expect him to do everything, and he cant do that, im sorry. But this truely is a shame.

I just have nothing left to say

Skins26

I have to agree with you here. Lavar is the heart and soul of this team, not just the defense.

Does he overshoot plays on occasion? Yes. BUt I saw Takeo Spikes do that against Miami more than once.

ALL Linebackers overshoot plays from time to time, otherwise the offense wouldn't gain any yards on the ground or in the flats! Some of you cats are somewhat ignorant when it comes to football. You hear some other person say Lavar misses assignments and then you act as if it's any more than other guys.

He's had a couple of big blown assignments, but it's not as if the D was stopping anyone in OT against the Giants. Why do you think he blitzed? Because the Giants were moving at will! He was trying to take too much on himself.

He makes tons of great tackles, forces fumbles, intimidates, defends passes, but you guys think that a couple of late hits when we're ALREADY IN A BIG HOLE are the difference makers?

What are you, morons?

We were already TOAST in both games when he committed those infractions. He wasn't the guy who let McCardell catch a critical 3rd down pass--it was Bailey.

Arrington wasn't getting toasted by a ??? Coleman yesteday--that was Bailey. Arrington wasn't missing blocks and letting people kill his QB, that would be on the offense.

I'm going to say this--Arrington IS a great player. He's better than Urlacher, he's not consistent enough to be on Brooks' level, but you're going to tell me you'd want more than maybe 2 or 3 guys at the LB?? The only guys better(and it's because of consistency) are Brooks and Lewis.

Is lavar messing up by overcompensating? Yes. But damn, look what's happening on the field prior to his "missed assignment" the D is getting it's ass handed to them for several series--that's why he's trying to do too much because the momentum is swinging.

Originally posted by Skins26

Im sorry that this is the only guy on our team who cares this much about winning, and im sorry that you still have to shoot him down by nit picking everything he does and trying to make him a perfect player, which nobody will ever be. He is a top 3 LB! And you are the one being stupid about this. But this is obviously one of the only defensive players giving absolutely everything he's got to win, and your just shooting him down. Its fans like you that we need LESS of, the guys that just sit there at games, analyzing everything instead of cheering.

you sir, are my new hero. :cheers:

By the way, guys ... I think my man BCS kinda got everybody all riled up about the "crying" part. :)

LaVar sounded hoarse, and dejected, and tired, and because of that his normally slow drawl came across even more laconic that I've generally heard, but the man was not crying.

Not sayin' that's a good thing or a bad thing ... but there it is.

Originally posted by Larry Brown #43

The fact that we allow that guy to go out there and make catastrophic mistake after catastrophic mistake, week after week, shows us all we need to know about the difference between Steve Spurrier and Bill Parcells.

Oh, please, what do you think Parcells would do? Magically create a quality experienced guard out of thin air? Injuries are now a mesure of bad coaching?!? People were talking about pencilling Dockery in to start at the beginning of the season but he wasn't (isn't) ready. Spurrier is not the GM (neither is Parcells for that matter) he can only use the players he has.

Archived