Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lavar on the John Thompson show

jbooma

I am going to say right now if I was the cowboys you better watch out for Lavar.

I think this could be the game that makes him one of the greats!!! The way he was talking on that show, he doesn't want a bye he wants to punish people.

Originally posted by js79

CRY ME A F_KIN river

3 guys hittin me on a play, yeah don't u think that happens to ray lewis and other great linebackers?

he's long way from being great...

They don't crack block on a middle linebacker. Ray is so great because in his scheme the DT's keep everyone off him. Lavar has to deal with 2 to 3 guys blocking on every play, that means there are 2 guys who are not getting block that are not making plays!!!!

But the whole point of our D-Line is to free our LBs to make plays, and count on them to make them - if LaVar is getting hit by three guys every other play, then he can't make any freaking plays.

I am more and more starting to think that our defensive collapse has to do with Edwards' schemes. What's the deal with Todd Franz in there on every play? With no corner blitzes?

Lavar wants to win, which is more than I can say for half the team.......and he's not afraid to answer the questions after the game either..........he's one guy that I look at as not being that guy that's just playing for a paycheck.

Anybody that has anything to say about Lavar isn't a real Redskins Fan!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Dolemite

he's one guy that I look at as not being that guy that's just playing for a paycheck.

Lavar said he wished he played football when Sonny and Sam played, back then people cared more about the game then money!!!! He said I would trade my salary just to play when the game was important to the players. DAM that was sad in a way.

I was listening at a lower volume at work, and as I hung of the phone with a client, I thought to myself, man it sounds like Lavar is practically crying. Then I turned the volume up and realized that he actually was.

Say what you will, there isn't anybody on this team that cares more about the Redskins and wants to win more than this man does. And this interview only solidified the theory that we have some very, very bad coaching going on.

He also mentioned how there isn't enough hitting in practice and guys aren't going hard in practice. You think this may play a part in the poor tackling? You tell me.

Archived