Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gary Kubiak Fired

Cliffmark1

Just saw on nfl network.  I guess losing to the Jags means you're done. Wade Phillps named interim coach (he may be promoted reading between Charley's comments below).

update quotes:

Charley Casserly says they will get a QB now and start to move toward the new system now to get a jump on a different philosophy which is why he thinks they opted to do this now vs last year.  The players aren't playing with energy under Gary. 

Rob McNair:  sort of quote: "We had our best roster we ever had going into a new season.  This has led us to evaluate the disappointing season and move on"  We will start the process now of finding a new coach now.  We can talk to coaches we have now and those not currently under contract by the NFL.  I want to thank Gary Kubiak he brought the team to a new level, I thought he would have a job until he left. 

Seems a little tactless with Gary's health issue this season.  I would of waited until after the season, but when a coach loses the lockeroom I guess it's best to go ahead and move on.  Although the players didn't seem to play with more energy when Wade was the filling in earlier this season.  

I hope they bomb these last 3 games....if they win out, then Wade Phillips may stick as the HC going into next year which would SUCK because we can't potentially sign him as a DC.

I actually like the Texans org...but I'm going to root for them to go 0-3 or at least 1-2 in the next 3 games.

It may look like a bad move on the surface, firing him with a few weeks left,  especially when most firings are done at the end of the season, but I'm sure it was done with his best interest in mind. You don't keep a guy around that you intended to get rid of, for moral purposes, because he suffers a stroke, and you don't keep a guy (that just suffered a stroke) around like a lame duck, only to axe him at the end of the season, when he would've been better served resting, and not worrying about that stress that comes with running a football team.

Pretty tacky move considering he is one month removed from his stroke on the sidelines.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks firing him was low rent/low class. I mean it's 3 ****ing games. He's given 8 years of his life to you, almost literally just gave his life to you, let him finish the ****ing season. That said, it's so obviously low rent/low class, I wonder if Kubiak didn't tell them himself to just fire him now.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks firing him was low rent/low class. I mean it's 3 ****ing games. He's given 8 years of his life to you, almost literally just gave his life to you, let him finish the ****ing season. That said, it's so obviously low rent/low class, I wonder if Kubiak didn't tell them himself to just fire him now.

Couldn't agree more. You don't do that to a guy that's been with your orginization for that period of time.

Archived