Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

AOL/HuffPo: McDonald's Accidentally Hands Out Bag Of Cash At Drive Thru

88Comrade2000

This actually happened to my mom except she went in the store and ordered. She got home with the food and freaked. She ran back and gave every last dime back to them. They were so thankful and amazed that they got the money back, and apparently she may have saved the young kids job who made the mistake of handing it out.

They offered free mcdonalds for life for her at that location, which they went back on 3 months later when they started to charge her full price again. Oh well. She did the right thing.

McDonald's is also apparently giving it's employees tipping advice:

McDonald's gives workers advice on tipping au pairs, trainers, dog-walkers

Fast-food giant McDonald's has committed another employee advice blunder, listing pricey suggestions for tipping au pairs, personal fitness trainers and pool cleaners on its worker resource website.

This advice comes as fast-food workers from 100 cities across the nation push for $15-an-hour pay, a far cry from the wages most earn, in a mass strike on Thursday.

The tipping guide from etiquette maven Emily Post on McDonald's website lists several high-ticket suggestions for givers during the holiday season, including "a gift from your family (or one week's pay), plus a small gift from your child" for an au pair, "one day's pay" for a housekeeper and "cost of one cleaning" for a pool cleaner.

The site also lists suggestions for dog walkers, massage therapists and personal fitness trainers.

In an email to CNBC, McDonald's spokeswoman Lisa McComb said: "This is content provided by a third-party partner and quotes from one of the best-known etiquette gurus, Emily Post. We continue to review the resource and will ask the vendor to make changes as needed."

In total, the tips add up to hundreds, if not more than a thousand dollars of gift suggestions for McDonald's workers, many of whom earn just above minimum wage.

Click on the link for the full article

This actually happened to my mom except she went in the store and ordered. She got home with the food and freaked. She ran back and gave every last dime back to them. They were so thankful and amazed that they got the money back, and apparently she may have saved the young kids job who made the mistake of handing it out.

They offered free mcdonalds for life for her at that location, which they went back on 3 months later when they started to charge her full price again. Oh well. She did the right thing.

Long time ago, I wo0rked a summer job for a rent-a-car place at Dulles, cleaning cars that had been returned. 

Once, I found a lady's wallet in a car.  Gave it to the manager, went back to work. 

Several hours later, manager calls me over.  Did I open the wallet that I turned in?  No.  Why should I? 

Manager explained that it took some time to track down the owner of the wallet.  She was from out of town.  (That's why she was renting a car).  And phone calls to her home number just f got an answering machine.  However, they called the credit card company that the car rental was charged to, and the credit card's primary cardholder was actually the girl's daddy, who was local.  Manager called Daddy, and told him that they'd found her lost wallet. 

Manager says that, during the course of their conversation, Daddy apparently became rather irate.  He felt that Hertz should pay somebody to deliver the wallet to Daddy.  Daddy became irate when his expectations were declined. 

So, manager explained to me that he was sorry that I would not be receiving a tip for turning in a wallet containing three of Daddy's gold credit cards, and over $900 in cash. 

One time when working at a video store(wow, I feel old, as they barely exist now), I had to run to the bank to get 1 dollar bills. 3 hours later the bank called in a frenzy and asked me to check the stack of ones they gave me, as they were coming up several hundred dollars short and they were pretty sure the error was close to when I came in. When I checked, instead of 50 ones, there were 10 ones and 40 twenties....quite a mistake. I was,honest and too it back, and I always wondered how they narrowed it down.

• 3 weeks later...

McDonald's Takes Down Employee Help Site After Controversy

After yet another PR headache, McDonald's has taken down its employee resources website following what it deemed "unwarranted scrutiny and inappropriate commentary."

On Thursday, CNBC reported the McResource Line site included multiple posts bashing fast food, the industry that McDonald's has spent decades spreading throughout the world.

Several excerpts from the posts, which were created from a third-party vendor, warned against the negative effects of fast food, even going so far as labeling a cheeseburger and fries, core items on its menu, as an "unhealthy choice."

After news of these posts went viral, the fast-food giant told its vendor to remove the site, said Lisa McComb, a spokeswoman for McDonald's USA. The company will still offer employees help via phone.

• 1 month later...

McDonald's Eyes Extending Breakfast Hours

OAK BROOK, Ill. (AP) -- McDonald's is in the early stages of looking at whether it can make breakfast available later in the day.

Fans of the Egg McMuffin and Sausage Biscuit have long wanted the option to get breakfast at McDonald's after 10:30 a.m. But offering both the breakfast and lunch menu was considered logistically impossible, given the tight kitchen spaces of the restaurants.

Still, it's an option the chain is eyeing more seriously at a time when people's eating habits are changing - particularly those coveted customers in their 20s and 30s known as Millennials.

large-falling-down-blu-ray9.jpg

Unavailable for comment

Archived