Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Skins allegedly view WJFK's parodies as a personal foul

hail2skins

For me... two things come to mind:

1)  These have been hilarious.  But regardless, I think Danny and Holden did this so that they got publicity and ratings to save their show since Don Geronimo is back in town and wants a day time slot.

2)  I've never liked Larry Michael and even though for me, these bits have been funny, a lot of this stuff is just mean and overboard and has nothing to do with the team and more to do with the people.  So there is some legitimacy to the complaints if people who were mocked want to make them.  I'm not sure this is something that Wylie or the Redskins need to get involved in.

I haven't heard the skits. Part me wants to say well maybe we change the team name to the Thinskins, but part me wants to say it's 106.7 so there probably was some mean spirited stuff that deserved a complaint. Threatening litigation is just asinine, if true. Snyder and PR just seem to go together like peanut butter and tuna fish.

I totally agree with DC9's assessment of these skits but damn it, they are funny!  me me me me me (you have to listen to them to get that part)

I love the Gruden skits as well on Mondays... Danny Rouhier is comedy gold much like the team is these days.

I haven't heard the skits. Part me wants to say well maybe we change the team name to the Thinskins, but part me wants to say it's 106.7 so there probably was some mean spirited stuff that deserved a complaint. Threatening litigation is just asinine, if true. Snyder and PR just seem to go together like peanut butter and tuna fish.

Defending Snyder I see!

100_2221_edit.jpg

I enjoyed the first one. They got a bit meaner and more personal the last few weeks.

I do like how the impersonated Doc as well. Hilarious.

Which is why I was saying that they did it to get people upset and riled up.  Not for banter.

I think it's an outstanding parody,,  the Michael voice is DEAD ON FUNNY.

It was my experience that this is a typical move for some teams and league entities to try and frighten potential parody like this so it will be quiet.

I got a few veiled threats from various sources when i was making cartoons all the time. A couple teams tried to send me a letter through a lawyer trying to scare me, and a few players did as well. (T.O. was my favorite   :D)

Once i replied to them that it's just parody, they all left me alone very quickly. i think they're just obligated to try. very much like the description of this situation. tough talk followed by a quick smile and disappearing act.

BUT you do have to be careful not to actually slander anyone, or your butt is in the breeze.

~Bang

Ok, I'd never heard it until just this minute, and I have to say, it's pretty funny.  A little mean spirited, but funny, nonetheless.  LOL

1)  These have been hilarious.  But regardless, I think Danny and Holden did this so that they got publicity and ratings to save their show since Don Geronimo is back in town and wants a day time slot.

2)  I've never liked Larry Michael and even though for me, these bits have been funny, a lot of this stuff is just mean and overboard and has nothing to do with the team and more to do with the people.  So there is some legitimacy to the complaints if people who were mocked want to make them.  I'm not sure this is something that Wylie or the Redskins need to get involved in.

It's really drawing attention to it, cuz I don't listen to The Fan at all and never heard of these dudes, but this made me go find it.  

holden and danny are pretty funny and these parodies are great.  they even said Doc asked to be in it and he thinks theyre hilarious, so this just seems like another case of this team not wanting to be a laughing stock and flexing their big legal muscles about it.  no different than mckenna being sued or anti vinny signs being banned from the stadium in 09.

message to snyder: you dont wanna get made fun of, put a winner on the field.  end of story/

The skits are hilarious. Snyder is so thin skinned. If he doesn't like it then come out and say so. Instead he hides behind his PR guy? That what Dan does best, hide behind his yes men.

I'd be surprised if Snyder was the thin skinned one.

It was probably Larry Michael.  In the skit they keep hinting that Michael lied to Herzog and stabbed him in the back and fired him.

How true that is, I don't know.  I was out of the country during that time.

But much worse is said about Snyder on that radio station without as much of an eyebrow being raised.  I don't think Wylie needed to get involved, and I'm sure Michael was whining like a ****, but I'd doubt seriously that Danny was offended.

Good stuff all the way around. Funny how they handled the blown call at the end of the Giants game.

I totally agree with DC9's assessment of these skits but damn it, they are funny!  me me me me me (you have to listen to them to get that part)

I love the Gruden skits as well on Mondays... Danny Rouhier is comedy gold much like the team is these days.

What's the deal with the me me me reference?

Wouldn't you think a veteran radio guy would prefer the afternoon drive to mid days?  My assumption was that Lavar would leave for the NFL network, and Chad Dukes would be left out in the cold.  Holden and Danny would stay at mid day.  Frankly, that would be outstanding.  I don't care for Dukes, Don would be a tremendous upgrade, and if it means not listening to Lavar anymore, so much the better.  Danny is one of the best things going for that station right now.

Archived