Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

"We were great once...Can we not be great again?" Thread

RichmondRedskin88

But looking at Fed Ex Field, it is a lifeless [ for the most part ] cold building, except for the very few times like the last game vs Dallas last year where it almost felt like RFK.

I went to many games at RFK, in the end when the Redskins were losing, RFK was a lifeless cold building and a dump.  Please stop with the RFK fondness.

RFK didn't rock until the end.  It rocked when we were winning.  If fans had to sit in some of the seats today, they would hate it, you couldn't see the field well and had no perception as to how many yards the plays went for.

My last game at RFK I sat under a leaky pipe.

Nobody wants RFK anymore.  Move forward.

They'll pass over the money without even thinking about it: for it is money they have and peace they lack. And they'll walk out to the bleachers; sit in shirtsleeves on a perfect afternoon. They'll find they have reserved seats somewhere along one of the sidelines, where they sat when they were children and cheered their heroes. And they'll watch the game and it'll be as if they dipped themselves in magic waters. The memories will be so thick they'll have to brush them away from their faces.

The one constant for us through all the years, Friends, has been the Redskins. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But the Redskins have marked the time. This field, this game: it's a part of our past, Friends. It reminds of us of all that once was good and it could be again.

Archived