Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tonight's Opening Script/Gameplan vs Giants

darrelgreenie

Enough talk about the direction this regime is heading next year, there is a game tonight and there are Xs and Os to discuss.

11062228565_bfbaa7a892_m.jpg

Like the threads before this thread is a discussion of the opening script and over all gameplan vs the Giants.

Want to include some stats:

The Redskins have scored 30 points in the 1st quarter this season.

and IIRC DeAngelo Hall scored 14 of those points

The opening drive has not scored a TD all season and has only scored a FG twice.

What do you want to see? (and post game what did you see)

I was hoping for a pregame discussion of any sort, so thanks DG

Last week we opened pass pass pass, run run run. Garcon had a drop, Morris was shutdown, and the offense was once again grounded.

I want to see Shanahan dial up some plays that cater to RG3s and the teams strengths. Run Morris wide, and let RG3 sprint out. Scrap the read option, and prefer to see the zone read that DG has suggested is good. I still want to see 4 wide and there not be a blocking TE in there. Really just basic things, and sorry that I sound like a broken record.

Haslet,dial up pressure on Manning early and often. Stick to his plan, stop the run, and force INTs.

Special teams, live crazy, and try something. Go for FG blocks. Onside, anything.

What I want to see: Jordan Reed and Pierre Garcon HEAVILY targeted. USE your playmakers. You only have TWO in the passing game FFS. I'd like us to open up with 4 wide and totally spread the field to give Robert options. HEAVY doses of The Butler. Get the screen game going to Helu. GET Fred Davis on the field. Screw blocking TE's. Get Reed and Davis involved in quick slants and screens whilst splitting the receivers wide.Long shots taken on Robinson Rolling pockets and booting out 10 instead of having him a sitting target back there. 

What I expect to see: FreddyDelight not dressed of Jordans cleared. FreddyD hardly seeing the field even if he's dressed and Jordan doesn't go. More of the same, predictable, telegraphed play calling we've seen most all year from an OC that just can not adjust now his games been figured out. 

3-13 moves a step closer. 

Hail. 

I was hoping for a pregame discussion of any sort, so thanks DG

Last week we opened pass pass pass, run run run. Garcon had a drop, Morris was shutdown, and the offense was once again grounded.

I want to see Shanahan dial up some plays that cater to RG3s and the teams strengths. Run Morris wide, and let RG3 sprint out. Scrap the read option, and prefer to see the zone read that DG has suggested is good. I still want to see 4 wide and there not be a blocking TE in there. Really just basic things, and sorry that I sound like a broken record.

You know for me its not about whether or not we call a run or pass but what type  of play.

Against the 49ers:

(1) Pistol Base Twins (L) WR screen to Garcon--open, dropped pass Garcon

(2) Pistol Base--Read option play action--No one open result: scramble

(3) Pistol Base--Out route to Paulsen--Batted ball

I'm not against the above opening except for the 2nd call, we've been dialing up the read-option play action in the first series of several games and it has not been working. I know for damn sure I don't want to see playaction in the opening series, especially if we haven't even run the ball yet.

What I want to see: Jordan Reed and Pierre Garcon HEAVILY targeted. USE your playmakers. You only have TWO in the passing game FFS. I'd like us to open up with 4 wide and totally spread the field to give Robert options. HEAVY doses of The Butler. Get the screen game going to Helu. GET Fred Davis on the field. Screw blocking TE's. Get Reed and Davis involved in quick slants and screens whilst splitting the receivers wide.Long shots taken on Robinson Rolling pockets and booting out 10 instead of having him a sitting target back there.

What I expect to see: FreddyDelight not dressed of Jordans cleared. FreddyD hardly seeing the field even if he's dressed and Jordan doesn't go. More of the same, predictable, telegraphed play calling we've seen most all year from an OC that just can not adjust now his games been figured out.

3-13 moves a step closer.

Hail.

I love the "What I Want To See" and thoroughly enjoy if that was actually our plan of attack. A nice heavy dose of our playmakers through the ground and air.

JPP is out, attack that area with a mix of force (Morris) then shove some speed (Helu) while it still stings. Let RG3 roll out laterally, not backwards, for a few quick snaps to Reed and Garcon.

As for defense, keep a safety over the top on Cruz's side please!!!!!!

Randy-

Last week opening continued...

(4) Pistol Base--Outside zone right--Niles Paul could block the edge against Ahmad Brooks on this play or any play at any point during the game. Imho this was a crucial gameplan mistake relying on Paul and Paulsen to block the edge 1-on-1.

(5) Pistol Read-Option--Robert kept gain of ~7

(6) 3rd and 3-- Pistol Read-Option--Robert missed the read the OLB crashed but he still gave the ball to Helu

The opening script last week wasn't bad imo except for the play-action call on the 2nd play.

Yeah, would love to see both 4 wide and Fred Davis but we both know that ain't happening.

But, there is still enough good offense from our current scheme to get Griffin going hopefully they sequence it better. Focus on efficiency early, get Griffin in rhythm with easy stuff and like you said get the playmakers touches early: Morris, Garcon, Reed, Helu and Morgan.

I'm hoping to see some bunch set rub routes on 1st down instead of 3rd down.

Want us to roll the pocket or sprint out.

I want to see more quick slants, and yes to RB screens.

I don't want to see the 2-man deep downfield read-option play action in the 1st 6 plays.

Jordan Reed's out. As is Young. Royster at FB. And chances are little to no FreddyD as Paul goes at TE.

Oh yeah. This should be fun.

Hail.

Thought I just read Paul was a scratch.

Would like to see a pump fake on a WR screen. Have Robinson start to block Moss' man for example, fake the pass to Moss and then have Robinson burn down the field. Not a high percentage throw, so not something I'd attempt early.

DG, what about PA with a crossing/rub route? Does that not work well with the PA concepts?

....Last week opening continued...

Agreed the opening script was ok.  The drop by Garcon hurt.  Maybe we run on 2nd down if he catches that.

The world knew they would be loaded to stop Morris, so I was fine that we came out throwing.

What I didn't like to see last game, my on going pet peev, is the Paul* guys out there so much. For all their snaps, you would think our pass pro would dominate.  Sure they may help in the run game, but Mike and his no name backs have been running all over the NFL without them. We do not need Niles Paul on offense to win games. He is a 4TE and special teamer.

I would rather have all the play makers tried. If we are thin at WR, put Helu out wide. Davis really cannot hurt at this point. Let him be a decoy if we insist he get zero targets as a priority to the team. 

Clearly, what we have been doing is not working, so anything we have not been doing, lets do.

Tonights Trifecta (pays Fiddy to 1:)

Hurry up without calling timeout to unhurry ourselves

5 Wide for any one snap

TD on the opening drive

Superfecta 100:1

+ Davis gets a target

HIT ELI.

HIT ELI.

HIT ELI SOME MORE.

Then we can run whatever we'd like. He will give us the ball.

Last week our front 7 opened up with some creative pass rushes and harrassed kaepernick pretty well for the first fe series, and then seemingly got back to the same ol' same ol'.

I want pressure on Eli tonight to be so tight that he pops like a pimple.

Hang down your HEAD

TOM DOOLEEEYY

~Bang

Would like to see a pump fake on a WR screen. Have Robinson start to block Moss' man for example, fake the pass to Moss and then have Robinson burn down the field. Not a high percentage throw, so not something I'd attempt early.

DG, what about PA with a crossing/rub route? Does that not work well with the PA concepts?

For as many WR screens as we run a fake WR screen or a pump screen and go would be a nice constraint play when defenses play the WR screen hard.

Right now I'm not a fan of our play action game in general and pairing PA with rub could mess up the quick throw timing...meaning a receiver could come open off a rub while Griffin is still doing the play-action and he could be late on the throw.

You know that. I know that. A blind dead man knows that. 

But Fred's pissed Shanahan off and we know there's little to know way back from there. 

Hail. 

Might not have any choice tonight, lol.

Archived